JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by CENTRIFUGAL FORCE,.... "
I have been thinking about carrying a Benchmade Griptilian (based upon a previous comment from OFADAN) and looking at an Oregon statute, it seems that an LEO could charge me based upon this statute. I recently saw a thread that indicated that a whole bunch of you carry a knife.
Has anyone ever had an issue with a LEO regarding carrying a knife in a pocket?

The Griptilian is just a regular pocket knife. Its fine to carry one in your pocket..or anywhere else. No double edged, butterfly, fixed blade or autos though. Ide use the pocket clip too.

I have an automatic out the front knife that I carry using the pocket clip so you can see the top portion of it. That is the way you have to carry it according to 3 knife dealers I talked to at the portland gun show, if you have it concealed in your pocket, then it is illegal. Again, this is what they said.
bladeops.com has an awesome selection.

I have an automatic out the front knife that I carry using the pocket clip so you can see the top portion of it. That is the way you have to carry it according to 3 knife dealers I talked to at the portland gun show, if you have it concealed in your pocket, then it is illegal. Again, this is what they said.
bladeops.com has an awesome selection.

From my understanding, part of the popularity of the pocket clip and benchmade using it is because benchmade early on worked with the portland police department on what is defined as a concealed weapon. If the pocket clip is visible then it is not considered concealed.

This is just what I have heard, not saying it is fact.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top