JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was threatened on my own property by an out control unknown to me female looking to kick another unknown females azz and mine. My neighbor called 911 and all we got was a call about an hour later. I am 73 years old and usually carry an LCR9 but I went out to the shop, remembered I didn't bring it and didn't go get it. So I am not going to be lazy and not go get it again.
I'm 73 myself and when I'm in my shop I wear bib overalls with an LCP in a holster clipped to my left gallus. I've been doing it for years. There are simply too many crazy people that will come onto property unannounced or uninvited and want to bother me. I am polite, but firm when I ask them to leave. I have been known to also post at the pistol. I've offended many JW's, Mormon "missionaries" and a host of door to door sales people.

I even have pepper spray (Fox 5.3) on my belt at home, always ready. Most situations will call for a non lethal response and if I pepper spray someone I'm not risking life in prison if I'm wrong.

I figure fearing for my (and loved ones) life OR grievous bodily harm warrants the use of lethal force. That can include unarmed assailants, disparity of force.

Less than lethal defensive options may have a place.

However care and training are needed if one is COUNTING on such without backup prepared to deploy lethal measures. In what is almost guaranteed to be a dynamic (friend/fo) environment.

IMO

I figure fearing for my (and loved ones) life OR grievous bodily harm warrants the use of lethal force. That can include unarmed assailants, disparity of force.

Less than lethal defensive options may have a place.

However care and training are needed if one is COUNTING on such without backup prepared to deploy lethal measures. In what is almost guaranteed to be a dynamic (friend/fo) environment.

IMO

Never said I don't have anything else on me, just saying my EDC load out is on my belt and in my pockets even at home and pants are ready to go with everything on and in them even when I'm in bed (like firefighters stage equipment and clothes).

One can't go out and confront a car prowler with lethal force. You CAN with pepper spray. If that doesn't stop them or the situation escalates to warrant lethal force, I will blow on my rape whistle and wait for Sleepy Joe to come to my rescue :s0114:

EDC, for sure. Keep cans of hornet spray at arms reach for those pests that don't require a more forceful approach. General application to the region of the eyes often diminishes all aggression or enthusiasm. Just make sure the wind isn't blowing back towards you. Don't have to have conceal carry permit to have at hand in your vehicle. ;)

EDC, for sure. Keep cans of hornet spray at arms reach for those pests that don't require a more forceful approach. General application to the region of the eyes often diminishes all aggression or enthusiasm. Just make sure the wind isn't blowing back towards you. Don't have to have conceal carry permit to have at hand in your vehicle. ;)

I'm having a Karen moment... (former licensed Pest Control Operator of the bug kind here)

You DO realize this is against Federal law and can get you prosecuted/fined and sued??? ALL pesticides are required by Federal law to be used ONLY as approved by the label. I don't remember anywhere on the label of wasp spray where it says for use on miscre"ants". ROFLMAO!!! :p;):D

In contrast, a container of POM pepper spray that shoots 25' and is easy to carry or store is only a few dollars more than RAID and won't get you in hot water for using it.

Wasp spray for self-defense? :: Guns.com

Can I Use Wasp Spray for Self Defense?

Wasp spray contains pyrethrins, and along with the propellants, is technically a poison. Pepper spray has been tested and proven to have no lasting effects on humans... there have been no such tests for the use of pyrethrins on human subjects... use wasp spray and welcome to civil court defending yourself against the scumbag lawyer of a scumbag criminal!!!

I'm having a Karen moment... (former licensed Pest Control Operator of the bug kind here)

You DO realize this is against Federal law and can get you prosecuted/fined and sued??? ALL pesticides are required by Federal law to be used ONLY as approved by the label. I don't remember anywhere on the label of wasp spray where it says for use on miscre"ants". ROFLMAO!!! :p;):D

In contrast, a container of POM pepper spray that shoots 25' and is easy to carry or store is only a few dollars more than RAID and won't get you in hot water for using it.

Wasp spray for self-defense? :: Guns.com

Can I Use Wasp Spray for Self Defense?

Wasp spray contains pyrethrins, and along with the propellants, is technically a poison. Pepper spray has been tested and proven to have no lasting effects on humans... there have been no such tests for the use of pyrethrins on human subjects... use wasp spray and welcome to civil court defending yourself against the scumbag lawyer of a scumbag criminal!!!
"Thanks, dad." Everything you say is the truth. Fully intend to use as directed by manufacturer. But now that "killer wasps" have invaded the NW it remains explainable and logical to remain prepared. Might it be when I am called upon to to come to your aid, deadly force isn't called for. Will shop for some POM pepper spray.

1) "Pffft. I'm strapped when I walk the dog."
Yeah, well I'm strapped when I go to the mailbox. :p
Or out in the yard to take a leak... :eek:

2) Unfortunately, a lifelong back injury compounded by being old makes it impractical for me to carry my out and about sidearm, so I have to be satisfied with a 5-shot .38. :(

3) A dry-chem fire extingiusher belches a mighty and choking cloud of non-toxic material, and the discharged extinguisher works as a contact instrument if req'd. ;)

Speaking of "Pepper Spray" (or for that matter whatever spray meant to incapacitate someone).

Man dead after confrontation at clashing political rallies in Denver; TV station security guard arrested

+++++NOT a comment on what happened above.+++++

So, say that you're someone holding a gun to fend off a would be attacker.

Mind you that I'm NOT......
Saying/debating that anyone/everyone pointing a gun at or towards someone else or a group of malcontents (bent on GOD only knows) is actually intending to threaten or intent on possibly deescalating the situation. And....IF it is or isn't an appropriate response or not (at the time). As in, Michael Strickland, etc....

But......
Well, IF/WHEN sprayed......the gun holder is/might be in danger of being "incapacitated" and possibly having his gun taken away and used against him. So???? Don't post an answer of what you would do. Just think about it. Your response might one day be used against YOU in a Court of Law.

FYI.....
In my day....police were issued mace (and latter Pepper Spray). In training we had to be sprayed.....to know what happens, when sprayed. There was no clear SHOOT or DON'T SHOOT to the, "What if question".

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I did not used to carry all the time. Now I try to because it seems there are more weird people wondering around these days.
My problem is that I forget things sometimes. More than once I have been out and realized that I am carrying an empty holster. :oops: Yep, another senior moment.

Although I'm late to this party, I thought I'd share a fascinating statistic that informs my personal at-home carry practice: 100 percent of "home invasions" happen in … the home.
o_O

I keep hearing how they "only wear when they need it". Well my crystal ball is cracked, cloudy, and worn down the size of a marble. Sure 99.999999% of the time I never needed anything, but that ONE TIME I have ACTUALLY needed it to defend my life and limb, I was damn happy to have it with me! And yeah that included some strange female wandering around in my back yard drunk off her bubblegum that turned out to be nothing, The time some strange... or the time some... or the time some strange...

Or how about the city not far from me that had some BLM thug that was driving all over yards and mail boxes in a stolen car which finally wrecked/got stuck/quit working (the TV babbling head was VERY unclear on details of the commie criminal) and then started breaking into houses, one after the other, kicking down doors/breaking windows, climbing in, and then out, for no known reason, until he got to the end of the street and broke into that house by kicking down the overhead garage door and the inside door.

Because the home owner was a racist, BLM hating White Supremacist, Nazi no goodnic, Republican voting scum bag, he objected to having his wife raped and children murdered and shot the poor, misunderstood, pillar of the community, sweet, wonderful, kind, loved by one and all, thug. Nothing after that in the evening propaganda shows.

Of course, the BLM sweetheart was a beloved rapist, drug dealer, had enough felonies to keep a White in jail for four life sentences (unless the cops needed them on the street to keep the crime rate up high enough to justify their actions of course. Yeah, I can give you a list of names) and crime dropped 83% after removing just that one criminal. Who knew? NO follow up on the story anywhere. Once it came out about more felony charges than he was years old, suddenly it was a non-story.

As far as I know, the homeowner was not charged with anything either, but as I said, news blackout (is that racist to say?). Bet the homeowner was happy he had a loaded gun in the house/with him, and not locked up so it would take him 20 minutes to get to it and another 15 minutes to find the ammo. Otherwise, it might have been/probably would have been, "a murder case that would never be solved".

My HELLCAT goes into my robe the minute that I wake up, until I put my pants on.

Then it goes into my OWB holster for the day.

Then when I go to bed, it goes on my nightstand.

I carry every minute of every day.

And I live in a good neighborhood.

1) "More than once I have been out and realized that I am carrying an empty holster. :oops: Yep, another senior moment."
I avoid forgetting it by never not having it. Problem solved.

2) My cane is my 2ndary defense.
Remove rubber tip
Jab assailant in a tender area
Push hard with all my body weight
If assailant grabs the cane I release it and reach for the Smurf (my little blue friend).
If he attacks me with the cane he is no longer unarmed.
Note that this is ROE for an unarmed assailant.

3) Not carrying your piece all the time is like leaving your spare tire at home when you're just going shopping.

Just thing morning at 2:11 AM I had someone beating on the door. Got up and went to see who/what, but there was no one there. With drug dealers on both sides, it is just as well they were gone, sometimes it doesn't end with PO'd and armed old fart and hopped up antifa punk looking for fix.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top