JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The last "unknown to me" females to come knocking on my door were JH Witnesses and they were young and hot. I scared them off though. ;)

That happens about once every 5 years.

Lucky you.

Every time I get them its always some guy dressed like hes from an office. So I just do this:

Female or Male, they do tend to get excited when they see a firearm when visiting. They don't usually return for quite a while.

I didn't answer with a firearm, but an old codger with a week old beard and stuff laying around outside, did not make for an attractive ambience. I basically just told them, as nicely as I could, I didn't have time or the patience, to listen to their nonsense.

The last "unknown to me" females to come knocking on my door were JH Witnesses and they were young and hot. I scared them off though. ;)

That happens about once every 5 years.

I had issues with the JW's too. Only they were not "young and hot". They ignored my No Soliciting sign routinely. I was nice the first time, a little grumpy the second. Then about 4 years ago two van-loads descended on the neighborhood. One pair came to the door and I pointed to the sign and they said "the word of God transcends no soliciting signs". But then 10 minutes later another group came. Then another. On that third group I simply answered the door naked, well nearly so, I had shoes on.

They have been back to the neighborhood but they have never come to my door since.

House and shop in the middle of 10 acres, gate on driveway, two GSD's (the small one is 90 lbs); I think have time to get to needed firearms. But my bet is that there are much softer targets pretty much anywhere, and I'll get a pass.

You're actually the perfect profile for a property crime turned violent crime. Low population density = fewer witnesses. Unincorporated area property crime is nearly always at a higher rate than the city.

I find myself thinking about that sometimes when I'm out in the yard doing something like mowing or raking etc.... Like @WWShooter I do keep a few firearms strategically located around the house, but nothing out in the yard. I occasionally talk myself into going inside to get my ED gun but usually just keep on trucking. Your lesson may help me to go back inside a little more often. I hope nobody was hurt in your experience.

I'm not completely sure what an "ED gun" is, but if it is what it sounds like I'm not getting anywhere near you up to 4 hours after you've used it. :D

Re: The Walkers

When I would see the "walkers" coming, I would open the front door making sure that the security screen door was locked. That's when my Boarder Collie would also see them and would "stay" about six feet from the door. As soon as they put a foot on the step I would whisper "wa'zat" and he would hit that front screen like a freight train. It would even scare the other "walkers" waiting in the car. :s0140: He loved that game.

Re: The Walkers

When I would see the "walkers" coming, I would open the front door making sure that the security screen door was locked. That's when my Boarder Collie would also see them and would "stay" about six feet from the door. As soon as they put a foot on the step I would whisper "wa'zat" and he would hit that front screen like a freight train. It would even scare the other "walkers" waiting in the car. :s0140: He loved that game.

That's funny, our large family dog is very protective and if you ask him "whose at the door?" he'll run aggressively barking to the door and wait for it to be opened to inspect. Dogs are great.

On your youtube video it goes down a bit differently than what you explained here. That's assuming this is your video, of course.

Everyone knows to get rid of JW's you just have to start masturbating while maintaining eye contact during their spiel.

Didn't you guys learn anything in high school?

Higher rate per capita, but not necessarily for a given amount of time.

Not necessarily. We have a monthly meeting between all the agencies in my county to share info and deconflict investigations. We get a monthly report of property crimes. The unincorporated area, with 1/4 of the total population, accounts for 40% of the total property crimes.

You're actually the perfect profile for a property crime turned violent crime. Low population density = fewer witnesses. Unincorporated area property crime is nearly always at a higher rate than the city.

Well, living 10 minutes outside of town, it is what it is. 911's not going to be a big help. I think I'm pretty bunkered, we'll see.

I carry all the time, even at home. Never know when the need to defend oneself is going to arise. Too many stories of people being attacked and killed in their own homes. I'll continue to carry at home, give me a fighting chance to get to a long gun...

I carry all the time, even at home. Never know when the need to defend oneself is going to arise. Too many stories of people being attacked and killed in their own homes. I'll continue to carry at home, give me a fighting chance to get to a long gun...

The accurate quip is 100% of home invasions happen at home. Watching video of some of them shoe how quickly they go from "peaceful night at home to one or more people storming the house in many cases armed." When seconds count, I intend to get the best value out of every single one, that doesn't include having to go retrieve a gun from somewhere in the house.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top