JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was threatened on my own property by an out control unknown to me female looking to kick another unknown females azz and mine. My neighbor called 911 and all we got was a call about an hour later. I am 73 years old and usually carry an LCR9 but I went out to the shop, remembered I didn't bring it and didn't go get it. So I am not going to be lazy and not go get it again.

You don't keep a .45 ACP 1911 resting on top of your CNC computer in the shop? I don't carry on my property, but have firearms in strategic locations in the house and shop.

I find myself thinking about that sometimes when I'm out in the yard doing something like mowing or raking etc.... Like @WWShooter I do keep a few firearms strategically located around the house, but nothing out in the yard. I occasionally talk myself into going inside to get my ED gun but usually just keep on trucking. Your lesson may help me to go back inside a little more often. I hope nobody was hurt in your experience.

House and shop in the middle of 10 acres, gate on driveway, two GSD's (the small one is 90 lbs); I think have time to get to needed firearms. But my bet is that there are much softer targets pretty much anywhere, and I'll get a pass.

Lesson learned. I don't walk outside of the house without a pistol, whether I am mowing the grass or walking to the neighbors. Last night we were sitting around the backyard fire pit with friends. I spotted a tweeker walking down the street. He started to walk towards my truck until he noticed me peeking over the fence at him. He moved on. Had he escalated the situation, he would have unknowingly been challenging an armed person. Some people may say that ALWAYS carrying is a bit paranoid. I say not always carrying is careless and potentially deadly. As you unfortunately found out, one never knows when a threat may present itself

I was threatened on my own property by an out control unknown to me female looking to kick another unknown females azz and mine. My neighbor called 911 and all we got was a call about an hour later. I am 73 years old and usually carry an LCR9 but I went out to the shop, remembered I didn't bring it and didn't go get it. So I am not going to be lazy and not go get it again.

The tiny .380 in the pocket all the time is better than the cannon left at home. Luck favors the prepared.

The last "unknown to me" females to come knocking on my door were JH Witnesses and they were young and hot. I scared them off though. ;)
Man, just my luck, I guess... all we ever got were elderly 7th day Adventists. I think they gave up on us heathens, though, they quit coming around after a couple of years.

I don't care how you conducted yourself before.

After the ''Murder Hornets'' you should know this is the apocalypse.

Last Edited:
As the saying goes:

"I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it."
Me (as far as I know)

When we lived in RI this happened down the road in the next town. Dude just walked out of the woods while this man was working in his yard and attacked him. This article doesn't go into detail but it was a vicious attack that continued even after the man was dead with yard implements.. As far as I'm concerned, always be prepared.

The last "unknown to me" females to come knocking on my door were JH Witnesses and they were young and hot. I scared them off though. ;)

That happens about once every 5 years.
I live in a small community on a private road and we have a "no soliciting" sign at the entrance. I had a JHW group at my door with their pamphlets who started the expected lecture. I interrupted, asking if they saw the sign. The man smilingly said "We're not soliciting." I said he was...soliciting my time. They left.

@SOrez I'm glad you're ok and I'm glad in this situation a firearm wasn't needed.

Wallet, gun, knife, light, keys, phone. In that order from the nightstand to my body.

Did you forget to put your pants on?

Pants?

2Fsites%2F20%2F2019%2F01%2Fthe-big-lebowski-1-2000.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR