JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The arrogance of the girl...'by any means necessary...'

Guess she thinks her words will paralyze.

They won't.

Hearing such a declaration doesn't frighten those she thinks her enemy.

They do give cause to make certain they're ready for the 'by any means necessary criminals'.

In the last two days, I have cleaned/oiled 2 guns, (1 a day till all are done) made sure cylinders are full and all magazines loaded.

No, I won't go out to engage. I'm old/somewhat infirm, but I can still hit what I aim at...

Come onto to my property to attack/loot/burn, I'm ready.

Is it that different in Texas than up here in the Northwest? If rioters come to my property and start busting up/burning/vandalize things outside my house I'm pretty sure I'm going to have my life ruined if I'm shooting them out of my doorway? Or even shots in the air. You know those shots come down, somewhere, and kill people. :confused: I don't think you'll do one damned thing, leastwise you become the story on the news of the crazy gun guys every body hears about all the time. All you're bubblegum will be wrecked and you'll be going through a legal nightmare for years. and the thugs will end up back in their parents basement.

That kind of talk makes us sound like nut jobs.

Mikej,

I guess you think if rioting, looting, fire starting anarchists come to your home to do damage, but they'll keep it restricted to property only?

You may stand idly by, I won't.

I guess self defense is a limited idea in your world, but not in mine...

Is it that different in Texas than up here in the Northwest? If rioters come to my property and start busting up/burning/vandalize things outside my house I'm pretty sure I'm going to have my life ruined if I'm shooting them out of my doorway? Or even shots in the air. You know those shots come down, somewhere, and kill people. :confused: I don't think you'll do one damned thing, leastwise you become the story on the news of the crazy gun guys every body hears about all the time. All you're bubblegum will be wrecked and you'll be going through a legal nightmare for years. and the thugs will end up back in their parents basement.

That kind of talk makes us sound like nut jobs.
(Pssssttt... A 'warning' shot - into the ground would only get you a 'discharge of firearm' code violation in PDX. IF they even respond. Got a neighbor who pulls this once or twice a year in his back yard. Not problems with thieves anymore - cops don't even show.)

I guess self defense is a limited idea in your world, but not in mine...

Not that it's likely to happen in the burbs of Texas, or where ever you are, but, if I were you I'd watch what I say on the interwebs about having loaded guns and being prepared to use them on people burning your cars in the driveway. But hey, it's your life, you live it how you see fit. :s0155:

BTW, Bad guess.

(Pssssttt... A 'warning' shot - into the ground would only get you a 'discharge of firearm' code violation in PDX. IF they even respond. Got a neighbor who pulls this once or twice a year in his back yard. Not problems with thieves anymore - cops don't even show.)

In PDX? :eek: Knowing MY luck...Not sure I'd want to take a chance.

Mikej,

With treating each other with excellence in mind, your chastising other members (me, in this instance) for their perspective is in poor taste.

Kindly, stop.

In PDX? :eek: Knowing MY luck...Not sure I'd want to take a chance.
Yup. PDX.
It's a totally different game out here now.
Make friends with the cops you see.... (If you ever see any anymore...)
Our 'hood has report-able crimes every damn week now.
First thing responding officers say, is - "so, what do you think you could do to protect yourselves better?"
Cops no longer care about creating paperwork on those they see as victims now. They have had their hands tied long enough and operate on an entirely different set of rules now.

Yup. PDX.
It's a totally different game out here now.
Make friends with the cops you see.... (If you ever see any anymore...)
Our 'hood has report-able crimes every damn week now.
First thing responding officers say, is - "so, what do you think you could do to protect yourselves better?"
Cops no longer care about creating paperwork on those they see as victims now. They have had their hands tied long enough and operate on an entirely different set of rules now.

That's sad.

I'm pretty lucky I guess (Knocking on wood) we've got a decent hood here. Neighbors that don't give a crap about their yards, the thumping bass that cuts right through the house from time to time. A neighbor with a barking booting dog.

We used to have a couple of Portland Police that came through several times a week. Haven't seen them for several months though.

The question in my mind " how long will law abiding citizens remain lawful when there are no advantages for trying to follow the law". My breaking point is when my familx, my freinds or myself are placed in harms way by following the law.

"First thing responding officers say, is - "so, what do you think you could do to protect yourselves better?"

Is this an understated way for them to suggest: Move, cuz we aren't here to help you?

But while under attack/assault do remain gentlemanly, reserved in deportment and above all, don't lift a finger against those who would do you harm.

Remaining a 'victim' will keep you from harm, right?

The most chilling part in my mind, when responding to the question that "by any means necessary" is not merely a slogan:
"No -- not a slogan. Not even a warning. I'm letting people know what comes next."

And yet I'm being mocked in another thread for taking these people seriously. :(:cool:

The arrogance of the girl...'by any means necessary...'

Guess she thinks her words will paralyze.

They won't.

Manny, I do believe her words are meant to further stir the pot, to be somewhat terroristic, and to put the spur to her own shock troops.

I'd be afraid to do that in Portland. But I used to do it in the 70s in Pomona when I lived in a bad neighborhood. It worked. Tho it's pretty much all a bad neighborhood now.. was regularly featured on "Cops".

Not that it's likely to happen in the burbs of Texas, or where ever you are, but, if I were you I'd watch what I say on the interwebs about having loaded guns and being prepared to use them on people burning your cars in the driveway. But hey, it's your life, you live it how you see fit. :s0155:

Mike, AFAIK it's perfectly legal to shoot people over property in Texas... remember the case of a neighbor that killed two perps raiding his neighbors property? I love that state!!! Otherwise, I think your warning about the risks of saying things on the interwebs is valid.

Mike, AFAIK it's perfectly legal to shoot people over property in Texas... remember the case of a neighbor that killed two perps raiding his neighbors property? I love that state!!! Otherwise, I think your warning about the risks of saying things on the interwebs is valid.

Like I said, he can have at it. No sweat off my butt! ;)

It seems to me this discussion is a good reminder to know the political climate where u live. In one area u may be considered justified while in another area u could be painted as the villain and the perps as the "victim(s)". It's just the reality.

IMO it's absolutely vital to know the laws, but it's also important to understand the likely ramifications in your local area cuz even if u follow the law to the letter u still may have to defend urself in court. With those things in mind u can better prepare for situations that might come up and ideally identify (ahead of time I mean) what situations u would probably ignore, get out of, take action, etc.because ultimately it's a personal decision and one u will have to live with after the dust settles. The more knowledgeable and practiced ahead of time the better imo.

To a democrat, a criminal is the victim, and their victim is the criminal.
I am a democrat and i have never believd that taking something that wasnt yours without the owners permission was ever ok. These stereotypes is an ignorant way of defending ones position. To me it shows weakness in the discussion. It is the equivalent of saying all republicans worship Trump.

When the Bundy group occupied an empty wildlife refuge in 2016, hundreds of officers and federal agents swarmed onto the scene and ended up killing one of the occupiers. When antifa and blm take over six square blocks of downtown Seattle law enforcement does nothing. Really, where is the rational for enforcement of our laws?

When the Bundy group occupied an empty wildlife refuge in 2016, hundreds of officers and federal agents swarmed onto the scene and ended up killing one of the occupiers. When antifa and blm take over six square blocks of downtown Seattle law enforcement does nothing. Really, where is the rational for enforcement of our laws?

Yeah but Antifa and BLM did so through peaceful demonstration akin to the summer of love, just ask the mayor and the media.

Watching the news lately, it seems that law only apply to those who decide to abide by them. You see protesters assaulting people and destroying private property. You see protestors in Seattle handing out guns without a lawful transfer. You see protesters taking over the I-5 bridge in Portland/Vancouver . Then you look here and see people wondering about long FFL transfer times for purchases. Why are we still willing to be the ones that obey the myriad laws that others so flagrantly ignore?

Because we are law abiding citizens and the others are just children throwing a fit. People need to take note of authorities that allowed this to happen when it comes time for reelection.

Because we are law abiding citizens and the others are just children throwing a fit. People need to take note of authorities that allowed this to happen when it comes time for reelection.
People need to iearn from this that the police may not be there to aid in time of need anymore than citizens in CHAZ can count on them.. This is a lesson via others hardship.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top