JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No, the CA roster laws exempt LEOs. They can buy off roster guns and re-sell them as used, all legal according to CA. A Sig P938 purchased through an LEO costs over $1K.

Cops get discounts, and can pass those savings onto themselves when they resale.. The goal is to "educate not investigate".. What more needs to be said... there is definitealy an US vs THEM culture with police.

It seems fairly California specific as a result of their draconian gun regs. I think most "LE only" firearms elsewhere are legal for the general public to own, but I may be mistaken. The issue in most areas is usually the generous LE discount or voucher provided that creates the profit incentive in the resale, which creates the business of selling firearms. That can be minimized with better internal oversight in an agency. CA has exceptions in their restricted firearms laws for LE officers and allowances for them to sell those normally disallowed firearms that is exacerbating the issue by creating even higher profit incentives.

It seems fairly California specific as a result of their draconian gun regs. I think most "LE only" firearms elsewhere are legal for the general public to own, but I may be mistaken. The issue in most areas is usually the generous LE discount or voucher provided that creates the profit incentive in the resale, which creates the business of selling firearms. That can be minimized with better internal oversight in an agency. CA has exceptions in their restricted firearms laws for LE officers and allowances for them to sell those normally disallowed firearms that is exacerbating the issue by creating even higher profit incentives.

I actually have an LE issue P229 40sw and even talked with OSP about it to be sure, no problem at least when I acquired back in 2007. Of course now the OSP knows I have one but never have heard anything from anyone and they show me as the legal owner of it. I do not like gun registration but I think when these are sold thats kinda what happens is a record of the buyer. Been offered allot for the pistol wont sell not for sale. PS. I bought it from the officer that had it as his service weapon. Figured best be open and up front when I got it so no surprises later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top