JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I forgot one more thing, the UCR and the NCVS to a lesser extent groups people of middle eastern origin into the white race. Think about that and the implications it has on what "The Color of Crime" tries to portray.

if your going to post statistics please use ones that aren't authored by a known white nationalist (aka racists).

What difference does it make who says it, if it is the truth?: Maybe no one else dares produce such data because if ad hominem attacks like yours

Crime is directly rated to wealth, a middle class black man will not go out and rob somebody. Since there are more minorities in poverty or lower class situations with less opportunities they have a higher crime rate.

Not accurate. now let's ask what the level of crime is in places like poverty stricken Appalachia or Asian sectors of US cities..

Seems like I remember reading something about "should we continue in sin that God's forgiving grace may abound?" and the answer was "No"...I don't really care one way or the other- I just think the hypocrisy of Christians is funny.

As a true Christian I approve of this post

What difference does it make who says it, if it is the truth?: Maybe no one else dares produce such data because if ad hominem attacks like yours

Ad hominem I would accept if their arguments were accurate and factual. Please read my post above and if you think ad hominem still applies then that is your opinion and your are most definitely entitled to it. The reason I pointed out the white nationalist view is because their facts are skewed to their viewpoint and if you ask why, well I stated one example above.

Actually, they are not so much different than they are non extremely biased(please note all studies have some form of bias, some more than others). As an example the study or article being pointed to by Mr. Blitzkrieg collects its data from the UCR and NCVS which in themselves have flaws but paint a relatively accurate picture when it comes to crime. But did you know that the UCR groups a majority of hispanics into the white race? Also the term hispanic is a sub category and is considered an ethnicity, not race. Just that fact alone would skew the results and paint black on white crime a little differently. But "The color of Crime" article in no way annotates this fact, what they actually do is lump race and ethnicity together. So looking at the most recent UCR you would see that black on white crime stats are are high but when you take out the hispanic percentage you would see that black on caucasian(which the UCR or NCVS does not differentiate) crime is lower than black on black. My point is that statistics tell story, whose story depends who does the telling. Which is why I find statistics done by any extremist group suspect and I always ask for the data. You can verify this by searching for the FBI's UCR and the NCVS both should be easy to find along with the forms used to fill them out.

Lastly, to bring it back on topic. This is why Mr. Zimerman was labeled as white, it is because hispanic is not race on the forms they fill out. Whoever did the reporting forgot to check the next column, which would have labeled him hispanic although under the white race. Hence the confusion.

details, details...racists don't care. the fact is, they only consider white folks racist. heck, even our government, and surely most politicians consider hispanics non-white.

it's all bs. take a percentage point here and move it there...the only reason it's an issue is the "profiling" aspect. profiling should be a tool to prevent crime, not a defense for criminals or a claim for racists. look at how life has changed for us all because someone decided that "profiling" is racism. many have hung Zimmerman simply because he "profiled" Martin. screw the rest of the details...he's wrong because he "profiled". this is exactly where the system is broken. the TSA frisking grandma and 4 year olds...just to make sure they don't get accused of "profiling".

race doesn't mean a thing to 90% of us. it's the other 10% screaming bloody murder about it that keeps it going...

white nationalists...LOL. gimme a break man. isn't that a racist profiling?

I think we are able to gather who has what views based on the current posts. Bringing this back to the subject of trayvon martin vs george zimmerman. At first I believed he was guilty until I saw the blood on the back of his head. (The first actual shred of evidence he truly used self defense) I am a democrat, but I am open to the facts. If the guy is innocent and needed to use self defense then so be it. However, I think at the minimum he may still be found guilty of a lesser charge. I.E. since he followed the guy when he was told not to.

details, details...racists don't care. the fact is, they only consider white folks racist. heck, even our government, and surely most politicians consider hispanics non-white.

True, but the data the study is based on doesn't consider hispanics non-white and isn't that what they base their conclusions on? As far "facts" pointing to "white folks" being the only ones considered racist, I would like to see the data on that. Otherwise, just another anecdote. I would go out on a limb and say that blacks, asians, hispanics and even smurfs all have segments who have racist views towards another race

it's all bs. take a percentage point here and move it there...the only reason it's an issue is the "profiling" aspect. profiling should be a tool to prevent crime, not a defense for criminals or a claim for racists. look at how life has changed for us all because someone decided that "profiling" is racism. many have hung Zimmerman simply because he "profiled" Martin. screw the rest of the details...he's wrong because he "profiled". this is exactly where the system is broken. the TSA frisking grandma and 4 year olds...just to make sure they don't get accused of "profiling".

Sure a few % points might not matter too much, but when we're talking over 15% or more then it matters a lot. Profiling is a tool, but like all tools they can be used for good and bad things. As far as Zimmerman, profiling maybe part of the reason he's in trouble but there are a slew of other reasons why he may get convicted. Just as there are a lot of reasons he may be set free, up to the courts now

race doesn't mean a thing to 90% of us. it's the other 10% screaming bloody murder about it that keeps it going...

Really? cuz it sure seems to get a lot of people talking, some of which involves a lot of passionate banter

white nationalists...LOL. gimme a break man. isn't that a racist profiling? Yes it is silly that white supremacist have re-labeled their cause to white nationalism, the rebranding didn't fool me either. Makes for a good laugh though.

I am a democrat, but I am open to the facts. If the guy is innocent and needed to use self defense then so be it. However, I think at the minimum he may still be found guilty of a lesser charge. I.E. since he followed the guy when he was told not to.

He broke no law by following him (if he did in fact follow him). Is it being a Democrat that makes people think goofy; "he just has to be guilty of something!"
Zimmerman committed no crime by observing Martin's actions or by following anyone else he has ever followed.
The 911 operator has no authority to order anyone to do anything. They can suggest, but that's it.

He broke no law by following him (if he did in fact follow him). Is it being a Democrat that makes people think goofy; "he just has to be guilty of something!"
Zimmerman committed no crime by observing Martin's actions or by following anyone else he has ever followed.
The 911 operator has no authority to order anyone to do anything. They can suggest, but that's it.

You cannot claim stand your ground self defense when you are following somebody... The person being followed may think their own safety is in danger and "stand their ground" otherwise you will just got a ton of shootings and everyone claiming they "stood their ground" over the dead guy.

Also I think it is funny you say the 911 operator has no authority when George had no authority to investigate trayvon. lol

"(if he did in fact follow him)" You are going to disregard his own confession on the 911 call? I don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVwPqXc-bk Here is the tape in case you forgot and are reading something else.

Ad hominem I would accept if their arguments were accurate and factual. Please read my post above and if you think ad hominem still applies then that is your opinion and your are most definitely entitled to it. The reason I pointed out the white nationalist view is because their facts are skewed to their viewpoint and if you ask why, well I stated one example above.

The report is the issue and it is derived directly from FBI statistics.. if anything it is skewed against whites since the FBI often reports Central Americans as "white"

I think we are able to gather who has what views based on the current posts. Bringing this back to the subject of trayvon martin vs george zimmerman. At first I believed he was guilty until I saw the blood on the back of his head. (The first actual shred of evidence he truly used self defense) I am a democrat, but I am open to the facts. If the guy is innocent and needed to use self defense then so be it. However, I think at the minimum he may still be found guilty of a lesser charge. I.E. since he followed the guy when he was told not to.
"We"?
You have a Collectivist hiding in your pocket, perhaps behind your copy of Mao's Little Red Book?

The report is the issue and it is derived directly from FBI statistics.. if anything it is skewed against whites since the FBI often reports Central Americans as "white"

There is no question that the reports statistics regarding whites are skewed, what I was referring to is "The Color of Crime's" view and it's use of the UCR and NCVS statistics to paint and incomplete picture that is severely slanted in one direction. Black on white crime is less prevalent than black on black, if anything a close examination of the numbers show that crime is an equal opportunity endeavor and that every segment of the population does it. The banksters who run this country and control both parties like puppets are having a field day. Just follow the money or even the people who are employed by both sides of the isle and see where true power (problem) really lies.

"We"?
You have a Collectivist hiding in your pocket, perhaps behind your copy of Mao's Little Red Book?

Since you had nothing to do with this thread until then I would say my post had nothing to do with you. Feel free to chime in with your negative opinions on threads you have nothing to do with in the future however.

To be more specific on why I said that, people were arguing and I made the point of the people involved could most likely move on and their point has already been made.

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters

Zimmerman is like totally a racist white hispanic or something. Or maybe not.

This is a really good link, thank you for sharing!

There is no question that the reports statistics regarding whites are skewed, what I was referring to is "The Color of Crime's" view and it's use of the UCR and NCVS statistics to paint and incomplete picture that is severely slanted in one direction. Black on white crime is less prevalent than black on black, if anything a close examination of the numbers show that crime is an equal opportunity endeavor and that every segment of the population does it. The banksters who run this country and control both parties like puppets are having a field day. Just follow the money or even the people who are employed by both sides of the isle and see where true power (problem) really lies.

Blacks commit a lot of crime for their numbers and many of them are in proximity to other blacks so that is where a lot of the crime is committed

I find it amusing that some of us are being called racists when we are sort-of defending the actions of a non white guy who may (according to drudgreport today) have some black ancestors

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads