JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at a show this last weekend.
Vendor there was telling me the the Green laser is better for tinted car windows. He said the Red will not go through the dark tinted glass on some cars. The dark tint disperses the Red laser.
The Green laser he showed me also had a strobing effect as well.
Suggestions?

There is an article in this months American Rifleman (NRA rag) covering red vs. green lasers. I don't see it on their website. I will scan a copy tomorrow if you want to PM me your email address.

Generally, the green is superior but takes more energy. Don't remember anything on tint in the article though.

There is an article in this months American Rifleman (NRA rag) covering red vs. green lasers. I don't see it on their website. I will scan a copy tomorrow if you want to PM me your email address.

Generally, the green is superior but takes more energy. Don't remember anything on tint in the article though.

Hey Thanks! I've got October and the latest November issue. I'll have a look see.

The link is WWW.americanrifleman.org/articles/going-green-with-lasers/

I'd put it in a nice link for you but I am using my phone.

Sent from my Droid

i like them both but I agree with the above you can see green better in the day and the red better at night. The contrast of red on black just grabs my eye better. The green is just more powerful in the day than a red and you can really see it...atleast that was the case for me with the 2 lasermax lasers I was comparing. I have a red insight streamlight laser now and love it. I was able to see it on paper out to atleast 50-60yds in day light no problem

In addition to seeing the dot, is it not easier to see "the beam" of a green laser than a red? If the Bad Guy is on one end of the beam, he knows you are on the other. (Note: Dust and moisture in the air will make both beams more visible, but in equal conditions, the green is more perceptible to the eye.) Prompt application of deterrence may render the point moot.

LOL @ the cats.

The green laser was said to be better for our pipe lasers for some reason I never heard in detail.But I wasn't in the ditch so I didn't care much.

Now about the tinted windows
Why would you care? Can you see the image or outline of the person inside?
The occupant will be able to see the dot on their window,it doesn't need to be on their person does it?
Can't it be on the outline?
I mean wouldn't you just figure where the driver was and take the shot,if necessary?
Should you really be shooting at tinted windows when you can't see who all is in the car?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top