JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In today's mental gymnastics exercise, we must pretend that buying a lot of ammo is the same thing as making direct threats of violence as a school shooter might.

In today's mental gymnastics exercise, we must pretend that buying a lot of ammo is the same thing as making direct threats of violence as a school shooter might.
Nope. In today's exercise we drop the certainty that we know the full story instead of sounding stupid later

Nope. In today's exercise we drop the certainty that we know the full story instead of sounding stupid later
You can spin it how you want, but it sure is curious that it generally results in you giving the benefit of the doubt to the accuser and not the accused.

All true, but pretty much if they haven't turned me in by now, with 80K+ rounds on my shelves, I doubt they will in the future. The feds would need to go around to a dozen different online retailers and a dozen different NWFA members to get a handle on all my ammo purchase over the last decade.

Or they could just go to the NSA and ask for my internet traffic with the word "ammo" in it. :(
I sincerely hope you havent just burned yourself by saying "with 80K+ rounds on my shelves..." Jebus, most federales probably havent ever seen that much ammo in one place, they might just come :eek: a'knockin' just to see what it looks like! :s0140: Then again I'm sure it would be stored safely away in your Far-🥶Antarctic Fortress of Solitude!

You can spin it how you want, but it sure is curious that it generally results in you giving the benefit of the doubt to the accuser and not the accused.
Because we only discuss articles about the accused, and everyone immediately assumes they've been wronged. And they are sometimes, not always.

That isn't how I read it... would "Gestapo" sound better?
Would "The 2A crowd opposes violence, but absolutely opposes anything that might prevent it," sound better?

Realistically, who really believes that a gun and ammo dealer is in the habit of reporting large ammo sales, and the police investigate legal sales because they have so little to do? There was almost certainly some behavior that influenced the dealer and cops to do what they did.

Would "The 2A crowd opposes violence, but absolutely opposes anything that might prevent it," sound better?

Realistically, who really believes that a gun and ammo dealer is in the habit of reporting large ammo sales, and the police investigate legal sales because they have so little to do? There was almost certainly some behavior that influenced the dealer and cops to do what they did.
HMMMM possibly. I wouldnt bet the farm on it tho. If the deal looked hinky why did the guy sell in the first place?

Nonetheless, at the very least, it is interesting that the article contained mention of the ammo. If nothing else, it is conditioning of the ignorant non-2A reader to see large amounts of ammo as suspicious.

Constitutionally-minded people presume innocence, and you don't. Got it.
So you're anti police. Got it.
HMMMM possibly. I wouldnt bet the farm on it tho. If the deal looked hinky why did the guy sell in the first place?
Maybe for the same reason he reported him - that he seemed threatening and nuts.
Nonetheless, at the very least, it is interesting that the article contained mention of the ammo. If nothing else, it is conditioning of the ignorant non-2A reader to see large amounts of ammo as suspicious.
Maybe that's out of fairness to not taint the jury pool. Everything doesn't have to be public.

Ah yes, the cornerstone of the American Justice System….in an alternate reality where either Nazi Germany or the USSR prevail over the United States!
Funny, I thought McCarthy's popularity was on the uptick. You just can't trust talk radio.

So you're anti police. Got it.

Maybe for the same reason he reported him - that he seemed threatening and nuts.

Maybe that's out of fairness to not taint the jury pool. Everything doesn't have to be public.
::::Maybe for the same reason he reported him - that he seemed threatening and nuts.::::
A gun store isnt really the place to "seem threatening and nuts". At least not around where I live. Having worked in the field myself, I've seen how these things can go down, especially after the DA's office gets hold of it.. it being NYS, I'm even more suspicious--- The SBR is a federal crime, where were the federales? "Large capacity magazines"... guess those are illegal in NYS too.. Face it, buying ammo every week isnt- or shouldnt be- a crime.
"Home-made" rifles don't need a serial# unless they are sold. Sounds like a crock of bullsh*t to me. But then, it IS New York...

Last Edited:
That's the pro gun-control talking point, but ridiculous on it's face. Regulating and restricting the rights of law abiding citizens does ZERO to prevent criminals from criminaling. I'm sure your argument will be that he "was" a criminal for having an unregistered SBR, but that's ignoring the fact that making laws against things that were historically lawful... making otherwise law abiding people into criminals... so they can be branded and prosecuted as such... having committed no actual crime against any person or property with their firearm... is fantasy land type "logic".

In your world, you obviously think that statement sounds "reasonable" but it's based on the false premise.... "gun control prevents crime".

Gun control has nothing to do with crime prevention.... simply "control".

Sounds good in the press though to create derision toward firearm owners though... doesn't it! 🤣👍

That isn't how I read it... would "Gestapo" sound better?
AS A GERMAN: The Gestapo would be the ones that come and shoot your dog. I think gestapo is more like... ATF DEA and SWAT. The stasi is just your neighbor ratting you out.

Weird concept to me that this still exists in a country that supposedly was part of bringing democracy after WWII and where veryone supposedly is eaqual.

I would imagine that there are members/readers of this and other forums who would be more than happy to turn in someone posting about large ammo purchases and other constitutionally protected activities. They may even claim to be proponents of the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution in general. Some of them are more formally organized than others, a few post, but many don't.

Jm5dgVbUjebO.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR