JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "turn in your neighbor, your friend, or even your family" types are out there. In fact, there's a specific political party that encourages it, and they also support fascist acts. The parallels of history are sickening.
Yes, eerily sickening...

My UPS driver is happy to bring me ammo. She just complains that I buy in 1,000-rd boxes and it's pretty heavy dragging those up my steep driveway... :)
She and her hubster are also big into guns and shooting. I sure hope I never get a different driver, or I might end up with a Hauptmann Wiesler of my own...

Last Edited:
If everyone is innocent, what is there to report or investigate? No police needed on your planet
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized."
"Innocence" is the presumption, remember? Or maybe not on your planet...

Where did I say criminals should be let out of jail to raise their kids? That isn't what you asked, and it isn't what I replied.

Read what is written, not what you think was written.
You're feeling the need to try and limit the scope of your comments when the progressive logic starts to fall apart, hu? I get it... :s0140:

In your world, longer prison sentences solve crime. Except they don't.
In response to me asking if someone else is going to step up and commit the same crimes they would have in their place for them... if they had not been incarcerated:
You mean like the fatherless sons of the incarcerated that end up in the gangs fueled by "law abiding" drug abusers? Yes, they will be replaced.
Most reasonable people will read that as you saying that incarceration of criminals doesn't prevent crimes because the now fatherless sons will end up in gangs and continue the cycle of crime that their incarcerated fathers would have been doing, anyway.

The implication you seem to be making is that if the fathers were not in jail, the sons would not be fatherless, not fall in with gangs, and the criminal activity wouldn't take place. (Ignoring the fact that the "original" criminal would be out on the streets continuing to commit crimes, but oh well...)

So yes... it does in fact seem you are, in essence, saying, "criminals should be let out of jail to raise their kids."

But... this is now where you say something like your comments can't be taken in context of each other during the course of a progressive discussion, right? Only in separate "unrelated" snippets, right? (Because at face value... that would derail your whole rhetoric.)🤣

Or let me guess. This is another one of those many times where what you wrote isn't what you meant... and "everyone" knows what you really meant... even though that's not what you wrote... right??:s0140:

But when you live in a state where every round is one round too many...
It really does make a person wonder just exactly how many rounds put you into "suspicious" territory... or if there were other mitigating factors that might have been making the LGS feel the guy might be a little "off"(?)

I find it very strange indeed that any LGS would find purchasing ammo in quantity, in and of itself, as "suspicious". Then again... I don't live in that part of the country. Maybe it does(?)

It really does make a person wonder just exactly how many rounds put you into "suspicious" territory... or if there were other mitigating factors that might have been making the LGS feel the guy might be a little "off"(?)

I find it very strange indeed that any LGS would find purchasing ammo in quantity, in and of itself, as "suspicious". Then again... I don't live in that part of the country. Maybe it does(?)
It possibly COULD BE that the accused was bragging about having "machine guns", making unregistered SBRs, or even pulled one out to show it off, or some other criminal activity, ALTHO the article DOESNT make that plain (if true). The entire case seems to be built around the purchase of ammunition. As such it's a BS bust.
That said, I've learned long ago from EXPERIENCE to take ANYTHING the media reports with a dose of salt. VERIFY VERIFY VERIFY. Trust is earned.

Again, what I'm wondering, is why he went thru a guns store to purchase ammunition when it can be ordered freely by phone or internet with a credit card... Maybe NYS laws don't allow that?
I just checked New York's ammo laws and they about made me vomit... Truly FASCIST in design and intent! You have to give total ID and ID the firearm you're using them in... incredible.

Hillary Clinton GIF by Univision Noticias

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized."
"Innocence" is the presumption, remember? Or maybe not on your planet...
Yes, innocence is the presumption that the government starts with, which is why there is due process and reasonable doubt. Innocence is not the base state for all citizens, or there wouldn't be any crime.

You should be asking "How did the guy in the OP get investigated, charged and found guilty if he had due process?" The answer is likely that more is going on than simply a large ammo purchase.

You're feeling the need to try and limit the scope of your comments when the progressive logic starts to fall apart, hu? I get it... :s0140:

In response to me asking if someone else is going to step up and commit the same crimes they would have in their place for them... if they had not been incarcerated:

Most reasonable people will read that as you saying that incarceration of criminals doesn't prevent crimes because the now fatherless sons will end up in gangs and continue the cycle of crime that their incarcerated fathers would have been doing, anyway.

The implication you seem to be making is that if the fathers were not in jail, the sons would not be fatherless, not fall in with gangs, and the criminal activity wouldn't take place. (Ignoring the fact that the "original" criminal would be out on the streets continuing to commit crimes, but oh well...)

So yes... it does in fact seem you are, in essence, saying, "criminals should be let out of jail to raise their kids."

But... this is now where you say something like your comments can't be taken in context of each other during the course of a progressive discussion, right? Only in separate "unrelated" snippets, right? (Because at face value... that would derail your whole rhetoric.)🤣

Or let me guess. This is another one of those many times where what you wrote isn't what you meant... and "everyone" knows what you really meant... even though that's not what you wrote... right??:s0140:
You are hilarious!
What you just did was reason like a liberal, and then you are blaming ME for your reasoning. Which is really funny.

The fact that jailed fathers lead to criminal sons is not a political POV.

The fact that long sentences don't discourage crime is also something easy to observe, even if it doesn't fit your politics.

But you combining the two to come to a conclusion about criminal policy is all you. Well, maybe you understand liberals a little more today after you started reasoning like them. Congrats.

Better watch what kind of questions you ask - you might keep taking the answers and reasoning with them this way if you do.

For everyone's enjoyment:

This took me one (1) internet search to find.

Duane is banned from owning firearms and his son was suspened for the rest of the school year for threatening a mass shooting there.

But the ammo dealer is a horrible human being.
"These were semiautomatic rifles.There's no need to use them in hunting, there's no need for silencers in connection with hunting and sports and target shooting, and it's just, you know, it has nothing to do with one's beliefs or opinions, it has to do with the imminent threat of danger to the community from the use of these firearms". -The NYS Judge in this case.

I'm done, this right here says everything I need to know. This judge's opinion ISN'T the law, it is his wishful thinking being pressed into a criminal case.
As to the rest of it, the defendant got his bubblegum in a crack by his own careless, foolish, scofflaw way of life. Whether it started with an illegal search and seizure remains for the appellate courts to sort out later. We shall see.

You are hilarious!
What you just did was reason like a liberal, and then you are blaming ME for your reasoning. Which is really funny.

The fact that jailed fathers lead to criminal sons is not a political POV.

The fact that long sentences don't discourage crime is also something easy to observe, even if it doesn't fit your politics.

But you combining the two to come to a conclusion about criminal policy is all you. Well, maybe you understand liberals a little more today after you started reasoning like them. Congrats.

Better watch what kind of questions you ask - you might keep taking the answers and reasoning with them this way if you do.
That's so bass ackwards... and going beyond delusional... even for you. 🤣

That was your reasoning... not mine... and hilarious lately how you try to what? Butthurt me by trying to call me a liberal? Is that your adult version of the child's, "I know I am, but what are you?":s0140::s0140:

That's so bass ackwards... and going beyond delusional... even for you. 🤣

That was your reasoning... not mine... and hilarious lately how you try to what? Butthurt me by trying to call me a liberal? Is that your adult version of the child's, "I know I am, but what are you?":s0140::s0140:
I didn't call you anything, just as I didn't reason on your behalf.

This is all your doing. You asked the question, you connected the dots.

You should be asking "How did the guy in the OP get investigated, charged and found guilty if he had due process?" The answer is likely that more is going on than simply a large ammo purchase.
This is a very good and important question.

Since the article in the OP is unclear on many details , such as what actually started the investigation.

Speaking only for myself here...and without much knowledge of whys and wherefores here....

I think that the report of " large " ammo purchases was the "icing on the cake" so to speak.
Duane Hollenbeck's posting of firearms ( again unclear of what type ) may be of more importance since an unregistered SBR was found on his property....
And that is actually why he was arrested and sentenced to prison...states so right at the beginning of the article.

In any event...
The article is lacking in many things , to include useful details...
The title of the article is also misleading.

For the record...
Purchasing "large" amounts of ammo , should not be a reason to report someone.
Andy

This is a very good and important question.

Since the article in the OP is unclear on many details , such as what actually started the investigation.

Speaking only for myself here...and without much knowledge of whys and wherefores here....

I think that the report of " large " ammo purchases was the "icing on the cake" so to speak.
Duane Hollenbeck's posting of firearms ( again unclear of what type ) may be of more importance since an unregistered SBR was found on his property....
And that is actually why he was arrested and sentenced to prison...states so right at the beginning of the article.

In any event...
The article is lacking in many things , to include useful details...
The title of the article is also misleading.

For the record...
Purchasing "large" amounts of ammo , should not be a reason to report someone.
Andy
As the court link shows, the accused is and one son are nut jobs and he was already banned from any gun. His son showed the investigators the illegal guns and Duane confessed.

As the court link shows, the accused is and one son are nut jobs and he was already banned from any gun. His son showed the investigators the illegal guns and Duane confessed.
Not going to make a judgement on whether on not they are "nut jobs".
As for the court link...I did not read it....My comments in post #137 are a rare compliment to you...and are also referring to the OP...no other posts , links , etc....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top