JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Blitz - give me your address there. I want to test your perimeter! :) Really, all you have to say is that you teach knife fighting. Geezus, I wish you were my neighbor. All I have around here are the most feminine purse carry, Prius-driving, pansies on the planet. The neighborhood had a yard party a few weeks ago and a group of them were taking about how bad guns are - who needs those things anymore, etc. All I can say on the matter is 'cannon fodder.' Blocks and blocks of easier targets than me to keep the thugs busy, at least for a while.

Here are a few videos of a master in our system..I've trained in the core best aspects of over 30 arts from around the world. I am in Lacey, WA and if you were here I would train with you for free. Sorry about the limp wrists around you but think on this.. they will be scant competition

Paul Vunak Knife Philosophy - YouTube

Paul Vunak Filipino Knife Concepts - YouTube

Paul Vunak - Knife Defence - YouTube

Paul Vunak | JKD For Real World Combat | Ping Choi Gua Choi - YouTube

Paul Vunak - Dumog - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjET3ep6b1M

Look for the related videos for more info

Thanks for those videos. So good. I carry a Griptillian when not armed (WA bars for instance) and I've always thought defense with a knife would be very difficult without the proper tools (training). De-fanging the snake - perfect analogy.
Luckily, even though I'm older, I still have fast hands and reflexes which I am sure would be a help. If I remember anything it will be to keep distance and go for the attacker's hand as he is advancing forward with the knife.

I also won't underestimate an attacker with a knife just because I have a firearm. That demo of the hanging meat really made a point. Gun or knife advancing/attacking gets a fast response.

Also, I have been very critical of police shooting people for not dropping a knife, maybe not so much now.

That's all a lot of work guys! The shrub removal that is. I just send my 135# Bull Mastif out first and don't holster my weapon until I have examined the area. This critical examination of the area is very necessary, it keeps me safe and prevents my dog from causing heart attacks amoung my neighbors! Burt, I feel for you, most of my neighbors are stand up guys several of whom have already gone to someone's assistance at some risk to themselves! Hey Blitzkrieg, those are very interesting vids, I'm going to finish them tomorrow am.

I have a funny story I could tell over a beer about a bull mastiff I met named Crusher

The defensive technique you mention Burt is a combination of French/Spanish dueling crossed with Kali.. Kali was an ancient Indian (India) assassin's system taken to the Philipines long ago. Very effective and demoralizing if you can pull it off. The footwork training is crucial, we use a pie pan pattern training system combined with the European shuffles from fencing

I have a funny story I could tell over a beer about a bull mastiff I met named Crusher

The defensive technique you mention Burt is a combination of French/Spanish dueling crossed with Kali.. Kali was an ancient Indian (India) assassin's system taken to the Philipines long ago. Very effective and demoralizing if you can pull it off. The footwork training is crucial, we use a pie pan pattern training system combined with the European shuffles from fencing

I would be a perfect pupil for that training. I am of European ancestry and I like pie and I am too old to do anything but shuffle around anyway.

Shrubs removed! I am going to look into that Proximity alarm that you suggest Burt, early warning is always better! Speaking of big dogs, I have a 140# St. Bernard who redefines complacent. I walked in the other day and he was sleeping in the doorway and didn't budge. I slammed the door behind me to wake him, and still nothing. Opened the door, rang the bell a few times....still snoring. I was starting to think he was going deaf, so I preformed one final test. The combination of kibble against a stainless steel bowl woke him instantaneously... I guess thats two votes for the proximity alarm.
I am a firm believer in staying fit, but I agree with a lot of you that a martial arts discipline would help to keep the reflexes sharp. I did a small amount of Kenpo some years back, and enjoyed the no BS way it was presented. The instructor explained to me that it was a "war art" not a martial art, and focused very little on form, and very much on function. Does any one have any martial-art school recommendations for Portland west side?

Here are a few videos of a master in our system..I've trained in the core best aspects of over 30 arts from around the world. I am in Lacey, WA and if you were here I would train with you for free. Sorry about the limp wrists around you but think on this.. they will be scant competition

Paul Vunak Knife Philosophy - YouTube

Paul Vunak Filipino Knife Concepts - YouTube

Paul Vunak - Knife Defence - YouTube

Paul Vunak | JKD For Real World Combat | Ping Choi Gua Choi - YouTube

Paul Vunak - Dumog - YouTube

Contemporary Jeet Kune Do Seminar with Sifu Thomas Cruse - YouTube

Look for the related videos for more info

Great videos thanks for posting.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class