JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know you never hear about a flamethrower being used in a drive-by, probably because one would have to use a unicycle, It would be called a roll-by broiling.

^ I didn't know that. One more reason the People's Republik of California sucks ***

Tell me about it, we escaped there 22 years ago and we made a rebel yell as we crossed the Oregon border with my banned guns which were in space containers in the back of the truck

I was thinking the same thing about the silencer. I can not for the life of me figure out why you need to jump through hoops to be able to own one.

According to the lamestream media you can shoot someone and NO one will hear the shot!! :gun04:

Just think how good that would be for criminals!

What a waste if they're going to be destroyed after the "buy back" , though it's likely the more valuable items may be sold off. Still think of the time, energy and resources that went into manufacturing those guns in the first place, now they'll do what with them, melt them down for scrap? Also people in cali that want to sell their guns (for a fair price and get some decent $$$ out of it) can take their guns to a shop and have them sell them off. They'd get more than a silly $100 gift card out of them at least. If they're stolen guess you can get $100 or $200 for them, and who says crime doesn't pay?

A friend took advantage of a gun "buy back" in Oakland a few years back - he bought 6 junker pistols from an import/export guy (none of them worked and parts were not available for them) think he was into them about $30 each and he sold them for $250 each. I also recall someone went and bought a few 10-22s on sale for $129 and sold them at the same event. Apparently the road was so backed up getting to the location that it took 2 hours in line to get 3 blocks for the trade in location.

No sense in wasting good keyboard time debating the buyback issue. The people turning them in don't know a gun from a piece if steel pipe and have not idea as to their value and much less how to sell them. To them they are just something to turn in for a few bucks, they might feel better about it, the junk gets recycled and the good stuff most likely gets sold off - after the probable 'boiler room' party where the laughing crew goes through the pile for themselves and laughs and jokes about the people they saw in line. The only winners are the people in charge of this fiasco, the losers are the sellers and the true, honest gun owners/collectors/aficionados (us). Kind of like cash for clunkers - you think all those turned in cars went to the junkyard?

No sense in wasting good keyboard time debating the buyback issue. The people turning them in don't know a gun from a piece if steel pipe and have not idea as to their value and much less how to sell them. To them they are just something to turn in for a few bucks, they might feel better about it, the junk gets recycled and the good stuff most likely gets sold off - after the probable 'boiler room' party where the laughing crew goes through the pile for themselves and laughs and jokes about the people they saw in line. The only winners are the people in charge of this fiasco, the losers are the sellers and the true, honest gun owners/collectors/aficionados (us). Kind of like cash for clunkers - you think all those turned in cars went to the junkyard?

It's readily apparent the dipbubblegums doing the buyback don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. I mean, come on! An expended AT-4 TRAINER?!.... and you're going to use it in a photo op? Thank god thats the only "op" they'll ever be on!

I have never 'witnessed' a gun buy back but someone who has please tell me, what is the typical profile of those standing in line?

Old ladies, liberal lemmings, ganstas. Lots of junk but now and then some fool turns in Gpas wonderful old classic firearm because "it's dangerous" to have in the house

hmmmm, homes will be safer with unwanted guns out of them? But all of my guns are wanted....geez....they are trying to make my poor guns self conscious.

Yeah, nice bit of showboating by the cops there. You would think they would at least Photoshop out the giant word "TRAINER" from the side of the launcher. That thing is about a dangerous as a lawn sprinkler.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top