JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Original story here

Gov. Kulongoski isn't packing heat, but he could

by Harry Esteve, The Oregonian Thursday January 08, 2009, 8:20 PM

SALEM -- Ted Kulongoski, gun buff?

Apparently.

"I collect shotguns," the outdoorsy governor told The Oregonian on Thursday. "I have some pistols, too." He declined to say how many or to name a favorite.

And he has a concealed handgun permit. He said he applied for it years ago when he was state attorney general to see how easy it was to get one.

"Are you packing?" a reporter asked.

"Naw," said the governor, who is protected by state police bodyguards.

The topic arose during a pre-legislative briefing with Oregon newspaper editors. One editor asked Kulongoski if he supports efforts by newspapers to get lists of people who have permits to carry concealed firearms.

"I am a participant in that pool who you're trying to get information from," Kulongoski said. He said he opposes efforts to get around public records law based on technicalities.

-- Harry Esteve; [email protected]
www.oregonlive.com/politics

As long as he's not one of the "OK for me but not for thee" politicians.

I wonder if he was carrying when I met him. He didn't have any bodyguards at an all democrat private luncheon lol.
He got a little confused when somebody else held up a camera to take a pic of the King Estates vineyard room we were in and looked at their camera as mine flashed lol.
govted.jpg

See any gun bulges anywhere?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews