JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How did this go from a question of doing the right thing to people taking away our rights?

Maybe we have a few law breakers here with a guilty conscience?

I think either way there's certain people that shouldn't be trusted unfortunately our justice system thinks they should be given weak sentences or be some how forgiven for their evil deeds. If they've proven a danger to a peaceful society I would much rather ship them somewhere else or start using the death sentence in hyper speed, problem is it's alway subject to someone's point of view of your crime.

Here's the answer:
There is no answer! Whoooo!
Your screwed either way. But that's why we have laws! You can kill em, can't ship them off, and whether we make laws or not bad people will still choose to ignore them.

I'm not up for taking away rights but when someone is a clear danger to society and is not responsible enough to handle firearms safely then they should not own them. But you can't take away their rights until they break the law.

I don't know where I'm going here, just saying there's no right answer

You're a pukebag full of diarrhea. I neither need nor want your address. Remember where i mentioned ethics and legality? Ignorant little self-righteous troll with a tiny pecker syndrome. :) there's some name calling. I'm a patriot, and you're an antagonistic piece of shyte with no interest in reasonable thinking. Spout your endless constitution crap. No one here is the traitor you're looking for, but you can keep trying to make us into them. I hope you get early onset Alzheimer's. :) have a nice day!

(I don't debate with mentally handicapped people, it's just distasteful.)

Tell us how you really feel ! Don't hold back.

It seems you're the one that got Alzheimer's & forgot that you already posted this. LMAO

:s0161:

Get off my case, ya'all are a bunch of childish nutjobs living in a fantasy world, imagining that you're real men and convincing yourself of it by telling other people they aren't. I'm tired of being civil toward any of you. If you're going to judge people like me as traitors and a cowards (like a bunch of idiotic bubbleguming morons,) then I'm going to call you what you are: a real pain in the *** of every true patriot and rational citizen, gun owner or not.

I know that none of what I'm saying matters, and you're all going to continue spewing the same cliche rhetoric that you've always been. Anyone with half a brain is ignoring you already. You clowns do more to help gun control than Feinstein does. She'd be powerless without you convincing half the reasonable folks in the country that she's right about us.

Stop worrying about that shriveled little piece of blotchy pink flesh hiding between your sweaty rolls of leg and belly fat and start being decent to people.

As far as the original point, I am absolutely certain that the right thing to do if I am reasonably sure that someone is going to harm or kill others is to inform law enforcement. I don't see how there can be any argument about that from anyone but those very people intending to commit violent crimes, or those few people who are so self-absorbed that they are not willing to even pick up the phone to save a life.

Once the felon tells you he is a felon and why he is a felon its no longer an issue of 'MYOFB'.
This person who has already demonstrated that he does not have the proper circuiting that would of kept him from being a felon in the first place, has once again demonstrated his lower position on the intellect chain and shown his propensity for really bad decision making by letting you in on his little secret.
For me the only option is an 'anonymous' tip to the local constabulary. If you don't and he continues his demonstration of how to fail problem solving in a major way by hurting someone with said firearm then, how will you ever sleep soundly again? Also, if during questioning after this possible crime he mentions that you knew he had it (far stranger things have happened and often perps will try to drag as many down with him as possible) then you could expect a tax payer funded ride downtown for some uncomfortable questioning of your own.

I didn't see this coming, this Thread went from Mary Poppins to Charles Manson. I think my conclusion is I'm just going to kind of keep my nose to myself but if I see the guy getting a little out of hand or more dangerous type thing then I'll say something.
As I googled this question about felons and should they have guns or not, a lot of forms were heated debate like this one but I did notice that the one's that did agree on felons having guns were felons themselves (they Mentioned it in their article) Even though they were minor felony meaning they weren't Violent crime but still a felony. Well anyway thanks for all the input.

Yes, the true patriot works for the police state. Your name calling and infactuation with men's genitalia does not prove your point. Kepp stepping on the old rag that is the Constitution. As you said, it's just crap anyway. This has broken down into repeating ourselves, with me citing fact and you focusing on my crotch. Any time those words want to come out of your mouth, rather than your anonymous posts, I'm game. But, I'm sure when in public you put up a front as an American. Only behind the protection of the internet will you spout anti-American rhetoric. It's been fun. XOXO.

016.jpg
Yeah since I started this thread I been kind of googling the subject and even elsewhere it's pretty heated it's pretty interesting it's give me a lot of insight and things to think about
I'm sticking with my fishing theory. Good discussion though.

016.jpg

Another point is that once someone has done their time all of their rights should be restored.

Maybe in an ideal world, but that's not your call. Right now, the law is pretty specific about convicted felons and firearms. You can start the process to change that statutorily or by citizen initiative, but until the law changes, what you have is what you've got.

Let's look at this from another angle. An apparent convicted felon who clearly is in violation of the law by having a gun; now, what's wrong with that picture? Does that suggest this guy is remotely close to being a law-abiding citizen?

"coyoteman5" there's a lot of green grass between you knowing the man has an illegal firearm, and the LEO's catching him with it .....if you turn him in, it can be done in discretion, law inf. does not have to say anything !! you've notified them with name and address .... END GAME !
i just went through this awhile back, and you've done all you need to do (you don't even have to turn it in) i found out that 85 % of felon's still have firearms, just don't always carry em around, but if it's an ego thing , they will catch em (usually a mand. 3 yrs.)
LEO's, will not come an search his home or even question him......but they will write down lic. plt num's., and keep track...most counties have rec. of who is a threat and who isn't..they KNOW !!
some will tell you the man or vehicle can't be searched.........THAT IS PURE BS, reasonable cause of "anything" covers most laws.....just go in person to Sheriffs office, and talk to deputy....they really don't even need to know your name....write it on a piece of paper and walk in and set it on counter, if your concerned !

my opinion only..

steven

Well, since this thread seems to be one for just plain saying whats on one's mind I just have to add that NOT becoming a felon simply has to be one of the easiest things for an human to achieve. That may be why some people are concerned about them having a gun.
I might be ok with it after some time of proving you are once again a decent member of society, then on a case by case basis.

I am not in favor of any law that violates the constitution. I simply said that I have and will continue to report violent and dangerous people who have proven themselves to be unstable to law enforcement if they are threatening to hurt more people. I honestly hope that my neighbors and fellow citizens will do the same before someone I care about gets shot by a meth dealer or hit by a drunk driver. I've said nothing about the hundreds of illegal gun owners and drunk drivers that I know that aren't threatening to hurt others. Just the dangerous ones who are a direct threat to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness for my family. I cannot understand how this makes me a bad person, or how any of you are interpreting it to mean that I am.

The Constitution does not grant government the power to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms.
While a natural right, that of self defense, is the basis for the affirmation of that Right by the Second Amendment, it should be noted that the Right is delegated to the People, specifically. Government has no authority to regulate that Right.
That means ANY branch of government: Legislative, Executive, or Judicial.

When a person commits a felony and is imprisoned, or if an individual is commited to the custody of the state due to mental insanity, they may then be temporarily deprived of their Right to self defense, or the means thereof, because the State has assumed that responsibility. Once released, the responsibility reverts to the individual. The State, or the government, has no obligation to protect the individual. This has been decided by the United States Supreme Court.
Therefore, the Right to self defense, and the tools thereof, need by default to be restored under the premises of the Constitution.

Therefore Bob, whether you feel safe from these dangerous types is really not the issue here. You worry about what they might do, but what they might do is really no different from what ANY person with a gun might do, or could do. Every felon was once NOT a felon. Should we then also deny those citizens the use of firearms too, based on that? Why, they might do something dangerous, and become felons! Scary, isn't it? This is EXACTLY the rationalization the gun control freaks use when deciding which scary guns we can or should be allowed to own. Their fear based approach is no different from yours, and like them you have no right to interfere or try to regulate a Right given to the People. Therefore, you ARE for laws that violate the Constitution, though you may be too slow to understand your own position. That, and your fascination with male genitalia, are why you are catching flack here.

I hope this helps.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top