JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is a lot of conflicting information out there. I've submitted my eForm 1 as a trust, and it's still pending. I have a notarized proof that the trust possessed the firearm prior to January 31st. But I've also read that since a pistol with a brace was not considered an NFA item prior to brace rule taking effect, that the trust could not have possessed the pistol. I am trying to see if anyone had an experience with this so I can figure out if I should just resubmit as an individual before deadline expires. Thanks in advance for any info!

All I can share is, I submitted 4 separate Form1's as trusts between 2/22/23 and 2/23/23. One was for an existing Ruger 556 Pistol I purchased a few years ago so I used the "tax exempt" option with that. The other three were for building "new" SBR's so I paid the $200 tax stamp for each of those. All three tax paid stamps came back approved on 3/13/23, 3/20/23 & 3/21/23. My "tax exempt" Form 1 is still at "submitted" status.

All I can share is, I submitted 4 separate Form1's as trusts between 2/22/23 and 2/23/23. One was for an existing Ruger 556 Pistol I purchased a few years ago so I used the "tax exempt" option with that. The other three were for building "new" SBR's so I paid the $200 tax stamp for each of those. All three tax paid stamps came back approved on 3/13/23, 3/20/23 & 3/21/23. My "tax exempt" Form 1 is still at "submitted" status.
Thank you for the info.

There is a lot of conflicting information out there. I've submitted my eForm 1 as a trust, and it's still pending. I have a notarized proof that the trust possessed the firearm prior to January 31st. But I've also read that since a pistol with a brace was not considered an NFA item prior to brace rule taking effect, that the trust could not have possessed the pistol. I am trying to see if anyone had an experience with this so I can figure out if I should just resubmit as an individual before deadline expires. Thanks in advance for any info!
Seems to me to reapply legally with atf you would have to dissolve the trust and cancel the existing form 1 applications. Then you could reapply as an individual cuz trust no longer owns the firearms. I'm no lawyer though but seems to me there will be a conflict because the trust is the owner right now and only the trust could apply. If ownership went back to individual then you could apply.

I had 5 tax exempt form 1 trust, one responsible person, approved on 4/28/23, 46 days. Paper prints, notarized proof of ownership of braced pistols in trust. Photos of the serial numbers, receiver markings uploaded. Good luck, be patient.

Doesn't have to be an NFA item to be owned by a trust, a pre "SBR" braced pistol is fine, you have all the proper paperwork in, so now just a matter of being patient.
I submitted 9 amnesty form 1's in one batch, had 3 approved so far each about 3 weeks apart, and one I had to resubmit, I figure they'll get around at some point....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top