Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Knowing that a felon has a gun

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by coyoteman5, Mar 1, 2013.

1. coyoteman5

coyoteman5 North south east west Active Member

My Neighbor who is a felon he got to be a felon for beating a man almost to death that man was a cop off-duty undercover I don't know but he was a cop Of course being a felon means he is not supposed to have firearms well he has a 44 Magnum pistol what can be done or is there anything that can be done just throwing this out there to see if anything could be done. Here we are fighting for our right as good citizens to keep our firearms when this guys is a felon and has firearms and will continue to have firearms even if we lose ours Due to his disregard for the law. Just a side note the guy is a real piece of work he brags about beating this guy nearly to death he thinks it's funny. What are your thought on what could be done.

2. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

If in fact he is felon and he is in possession of a firearm then he is comitting another felony.

Report it to the cops. Don't be afraid to go "on the record" with the cops either. It is much easier and makes for a stronger case.

3. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

Could he have had his rights restored?not sticking up for the guy,but I cant hardly see a violent felon showing off a firearm to anyone.unless maybe hes some sort of nut job.watch your back side.

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

:laugh:

badclam, rur862, unklekippy and 7 others like this.
  5. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Does he live with someone else? Could be his significant other's handgun.

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

In most areas I have lived you could call the patrol Sargent on duty and discuss it with him. I had a guy selling drugs to trash crack heads every damn day out in front of the place I was living. After speaking with the patrol supervisor they stepped up patrols and the issue seemed to resolve itself, at least I no longer saw it going on.

Not sure what I would do In your situation. I would probably live and let live. I try to stay out of peoples business as long as they stay out of mine. He may not have a felony conviction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

7. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Double post, sorry.

8. coyoteman5

Actually I have two neighbors that are felons and both have talked about it and having guns alsomthe one I'm particular talking about showed my neighbor the 44 Magnum hand gun The other one says he owns a 3030 rifle But he says of course I don't keep it here where I live I keep it at a friends place I'm not supposed to have it. They are both pieces of work they're never wrong you're always wrong. Both are very arrogant. And what gets me is if they break the law it's okay but if someone else breaks the law especially if it's against them holy cow look out. Well next time I see you have a cop I see a cop ill run it by him and see what he says.

9. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

Well considering thousands of us wouldnt comply if they passed HB 3200 & thousands would find a way to continue owning'assault weapons' after being labeled felons because of the unconstitutional law, i say the hell if im gonna help such a unconstitutional government.

Bushman, rur862, saabin and 11 others like this.
  10. coyoteman5

No he lives by themself well both Individuals live by themselves.

11. Redcap

Would you want your neighbors sticking their noses in your business?

rur862, saabin, chariot13 and 11 others like this.
  12. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Another point is that once someone has done their time all of their rights should be restored.

13. Redcap

I agree.

14. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

MYOFB

unklekippy, 308, xlsbob and 15 others like this.
  15. deadeyed

deadeyed Eugene Oregon Member

Punctuation, it's your friend.

OLDNEWBIE, foomanchu, nwo and 7 others like this.
  16. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I do have to agree with this and have to ask why you live around such POS'?

Now if you think you have to do something,find out who the cop he beat was and use that case for reference,when you talk to the cops.

But really ,this is kinda like the other guy at Freddy's with the POS friend pointing guns at him.
    Leave it alone unless you want to open the can 'o' worms. reporting it will bring.

Intention, Redcap, rur862 and 5 others like this.
  17. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

What's that? :) :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

18. cascadianliberty2012

cascadianliberty2012 DPR Portland Well-Known Member

Felon is one thing, VIOLENT felon is another. I'd go talk to the cops, give them his name and they should be able to tell if he's legally able to own a gun. If he can't, then they'll probably send a "few" cars over to his place for a "chat."

19. Redcap

Snitches get stitches or end up in ditches.

rur862 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. BsB

BsB Fall City Member

Just because you served the time doesn't mean you've learned your lesson or have been rehabilitated. To the point where the op stated the neighbor brags about beating a police officer to near death and then laughing about it, it doesn't sound like he should have his rights back. Seems to me he needs some more time to think about what he's done.

To the op, do you feel threatened by him? Do you feel he is gonna start a killing spree in the neighborhood? If so you need to do the right thing and make an anonymous report. I'm all for keeping my nose out of other peoples business but when it gets to the point where I'm worried for my own and others safety, its time to say something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2