JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just read this entire thread and find my self stunned that any of you legal gun owners would advocate for a violent felon to be in possession of a gun. It doesn't matter what justification you use such as he paid his debt to society, MYOFB, stitches and ditches, we will all be felons soon or he will be an asset if everything goes bad. Clearly this guy is a felon if he assaulted an officer. He does not deserve to have a gun. Felons don't get to have weapons for a very valid reasons. This guy will be the MFer that will come to your house and blow you and your family away for your food if things go bad. He is the problem. He and the other SOB's that get guns illegally and use them to commit crimes are the reason they are coming after all of us law biding gun owners. Don't be apathetic. Call your sheriff, have them back ground check him and get him off the street. He and the other POS that doesn't keep the gun at his own home. The most sensible thing I read in this thread was wondering why you don't move.

I haven't seen anyone advocate for a violent felon to have a gun. The violent felon was rehabilitated in prison, or else he would still be there. My only advocation is for inalienable rights. If we don't protect all our rights, who will protect yours or mine? Everyone can move no one is required to live next to someone they are scared of. You do have to wonder how one person cn live next to multiple dangerous felons that not only are dangerous, but apparently can't wait to tell strangers about their past, present and future crimes, all while waving firearms around. If you get scared into throwing someone else' rights out the window, don't let your mouth gape too far when you yourself get stripped of them.

I just read this entire thread and find my self stunned that any of you legal gun owners would advocate for a violent felon to be in possession of a gun. It doesn't matter what justification you use such as he paid his debt to society, MYOFB, stitches and ditches, we will all be felons soon or he will be an asset if everything goes bad. Clearly this guy is a felon if he assaulted an officer. He does not deserve to have a gun. Felons don't get to have weapons for a very valid reasons. This guy will be the MFer that will come to your house and blow you and your family away for your food if things go bad. He is the problem. He and the other SOB's that get guns illegally and use them to commit crimes are the reason they are coming after all of us law biding gun owners. Don't be apathetic. Call your sheriff, have them back ground check him and get him off the street. He and the other POS that doesn't keep the gun at his own home. The most sensible thing I read in this thread was wondering why you don't move.
It is very cheap rent here so I can afford it but now that I'm getting back on my feet meaning found a job that pay more than min wage i am starting to look around I hate living in the city with a passion.

So: You believe your life is more valuable than his? You know what? We did just fine without "prohibited persons" for over 200 years, and to me, the whole concept is jsut another anti ploy to deprive normal citizens of their right to bear arms.

IMHO: If the man is so dangerous he should not be able to defend himself as I do, then he should be in jail. If he is not in jail where the state is obligated to protect him, then he sould be able to possess tools to protect himself.

Let's give felons the right to vote while we're at it.

Did you ever see the film "branded? You guys do not believe that someone has paid their debt to society, for violating societies rules after they have completed their sentence do you?

Ok, let's just go out and Brand everyone...speeder, dui, pot smoker, hooker...whatever eh? That what you want?

Christmas 1899 one of my grandfather's cousins spent at McNeil Island...for selling liquor to the Indians...yes, that was a felony back then, who knows, next they might make it a felony if you purchase liquor from the Indians.

"No Man's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session."

Let's give felons the right to vote while we're at it.
And when they get out hand them a new gun for them to use along with it.
It's kind of, like after releasing a pedophile you making him employee of a day care center. The law says he's not supposed to be around children especially unsupervised if at all but if he has paid his dues to Society I guess it's okay for him to be around children (maybe yours) and work at a day center.

Of all the closed minded things I have ever read you sir take the CAKE!!! Not every Felon is untrustworthy. Yes I agree some felons maybe even most should never own a weapon of any kind. But there some that that are as worthy to be called friend and have every right to defend themselves and others by whatever means necessary with whatever means available. It is my experience that these felons can be as fiercely loyal as any law abiding church going friend I may have. Maybe even more so.

So you can take your narrow minded crap and and stuff it somewhere not so shiny.

Of all the closed minded things I have ever read you sir take the CAKE!!! Not every Felon is untrustworthy. Yes I agree some felons maybe even most should never own a weapon of any kind. But there some that that are as worthy to be called friend and have every right to defend themselves and others by whatever means necessary with whatever means available. It is my experience that these felons can be as fiercely loyal as any law abiding church going friend I may have. Maybe even more so.

So you can take your narrow minded crap and and stuff it somewhere not so shiny.

Oh OK then, they can have their rights back when they pay back what it cost the tax payers to house their dumb butts.

Meaning housing, food, medical, dental, education, correction officers, and damage to the facilities, plus amin costs too. At the low end a minimum of $3 or $400,000. They pay that back I am good with giving them a right back.

You don't like that put where you said

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Oh OK then, they can have their rights back when they pay back what it cost the tax payers to house their dumb butts.

Meaning housing, food, medical, dental, education, correction officers, and damage to the facilities, plus amin costs too. At the low end a minimum of $3 or $400,000. They pay that back I am good with giving them a right back.

You don't like that put where you said

It would seem you CLEARLY Missed the point. It's not about giving them what you not so eloquently stated but more about allowing a man the right to defend themselves. Not every felon is untrustworthy. But I suppose if you live in a perfect world then you yourself would never understand and or be able to accept such a fact.

It would seem you CLEARLY Missed the point. It's not about giving them what you not so eloquently stated but more about allowing a man the right to defend themselves. Not every felon is untrustworthy. But I suppose if you live in a perfect world then you yourself would never understand and or be able to accept such a fact.

I did not miss anything. Don't become a felon. You can stand up for them but I think a better group of people could use the money who did not break the law. I hate paying for criminals.

Their family should take care of them and you of course.

And what about the victims rights? Oh that's right a lot of them are dead.

I did not miss anything. Don't become a felon. You can stand up for them but I think a better group of people could use the money who did not break the law. I hate paying for criminals.

Their family should take care of them and you of course.

When the crap hits the fan even good law abiding citizens will do some heinous terrible things to each other. Truthfully the crap doesn't always have to hit the fan for good law abiding citizens to do horrible things. Take the Olympian Blade Runner who just shot and killed his girlfriend. So what then?

My viewpoint is not meant to defend all people convicted and incarcerated within our prison system. It's not overlooking the victims and their families. Those who have been convicted, found guilty, done their time and have the option to get their rights back I think they should be given that option. It is of course up to them to jump through ALL of the hoops, answer the 4473 question, pay however much money that is due, stand on one leg, hop, whistle Dixie, while competing in a one legged butt kicking contest. I'm not suggesting make it easy for them because yes they need to pay the price for whatever it is they did.

People make good and bad choices everyday. Some folks get caught. What things have you done in your past that could have changed YOUR gun rights. I know I have pulled a few boneheaded stunts in my past that could have easily changed my gun owner privileges.

Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.

Would you like your neighbor to report you to the police?

Perhaps he was simply telling lies to you, bragging that he had done what he claimed. Perhaps he actually did beat an undercover cop.
What if he did?

Well with your first statement; should someone beat him nearly to death like he did to someone, you know treat other as you would like to be treated.
And to me when you nearly beat a man to death that means you went far beyond the realm of protecting yourself because at some point he becomes unconscious can't defend himself so there's no need to continue on defending yourself because his is unconscious. But to beat someone nearly to death meant he most likely continued beating this guy.
If I'm not breaking the law My neighbor has no need to call the police. If did call the police and they came to my place I would settle the issue right there and then I would tell him the facts show him the facts and what not.

True I do not know for sure if it True I have not read any police report on it he could be lying telling a puffed up story. Could one find out? Would it be public record thing One could research?

If this guy reoffends in anyway would you be ok with him killing a cop with that gun and having said nothing?
How many times do we see this on the news?
Ie...felon on east coast with an illegal AR killing fireman?

I would give a discreet message to the LEOs I know several and see if they find his probabatio officer.

I think it's wrong and down right cowardly for any of you to say nothing, keep to yourselves, or convince someone not to say anything.
Snitches may get stitches, but cowards burn in hell.

Death before dishonor. And for all of us fighting for out 2A rights should live by this. The more a-holes out there doing wrong by firearms the more reason people have to want to take that right away.

That's about the most juvenile post I have read in the forums. To the op, if you thought it was a real genuine problem I would just call your local sheriffs office and see what they recommend. But I'm guessing they won't be too worried and have bigger fish to fry. But who knows.

You might think it sounds juvenile, but don't kid yourself into thinking it doesn't happen.

In this case, as in many, a judgement call has to be made. Call the police and press charges if, in your judgement, the person is a threat. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Everything is not black/white right/wrong. YOU were there, YOU know more than the police or us, YOU decide what action to take.

In Oregon a felon may own firearms if the felony was a non-violent one and it over 30 years ago. They are still prohibited by federal law from buying or selling but at least they can have firearms for their self protection, the feds usually differ to state law over this stuff. As long as an older felon who did a non violent crime 30 years ago I would have no problem with his keeping weapons. A lot of youngsters got a felony drunk driving or possession years ago and why punish them forever?
I really think we need to address what type of felons are denied firearm rights, there are some really lightweight felonies in some places.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top