JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Repubic of Kal has this "firearms review board" which allows the sale of "approved" guns, with an apparent expiration date for each. I note that the S&W 442, 67 and others are either approved or the approval has expired/expires on a certain date. Predictably, I'm confused. If you were allowed to buy a Model 67 in (pick a year), why not now? What's the purpose of an expiration date? The nice Model 67 will outlast most owners and certainly the KA government as we know it. Can anyone clarify this idiocy? Thank you in advance!

If you try to understand California's gun laws through the lens of reason and logic you'll go insane. If you view the thousands of gun laws in California through the lens of politicians who want to make private gun ownership as difficult and expensive as possible then it all suddenly comes into focus and makes perfect sense.

The Repubic of Kal has this "firearms review board" which allows the sale of "approved" guns, with an apparent expiration date for each. I note that the S&W 442, 67 and others are either approved or the approval has expired/expires on a certain date. Predictably, I'm confused. If you were allowed to buy a Model 67 in (pick a year), why not now? What's the purpose of an expiration date? The nice Model 67 will outlast most owners and certainly the KA government as we know it. Can anyone clarify this idiocy? Thank you in advance!
If this isn't a rhetorical question, the answer is that it's a perfectly logical strategy, as long as the goal is restricting what guns are available to gun buyers. I think they also require bribes from the manufacturer when a gun is going to expire from their list.

Tow tala tarian ism

I'm from California and I made my escape just two months ago. California passed a law that no new handguns could be sold in the state without micro stamping, which is a technology that marks each bullet when fired with one or two tiny stamps that can help identify the gun the bullet was shot from. This is supposed to help the police track down criminals. Problem is that micro stamping technology doesn't really work well, and as far as I know no gun manufacturer offers guns with micro stamping, and consumers generally don't want to buy guns with this unproven technology. But this did not stop California lawmakers from requiring micro stamping on new handguns. Therefore there have been no new semiautomatic handgun models available for sale in California for about 20 years.

Handguns that can be sold in California are grandfathered in and are listed on the California Roster of Handguns. To stay on the Roster, gun manufacturers have to pay a fee each year. That's why expiration dates are listed - but most don't actually expire because the gun manufacturers pay the fee and keep making the older model guns so they can sell them in California. Only older models are on the roster, like 3rd generation Glocks and such. No new model handguns. If you want an off roster handgun in California you have to buy a used gun that is already in the state from a private party (at triple the regular price), or you can move to California and keep your off roster guns but you can't buy any more, or you can do a family transfer from parent to child or child to parent.

Do not move to California! But if you must move to California bring a bunch of mini Dracos and other off roster guns - you can sell them at triple the price.

The purpose of the expiration date is to extort money out of gun manufacturers. If they don't renew their approval, i.e. Pay the PRK, their gun gets dropped from the approved list and can no longer be sold in the state. PRK wins either way--They get money or a reduction of guns available in the state

IMHO (without trying to be Divisive or Political)......

It's about reducing the number of guns available in CA and hopefully someday removing ALL of the guns from CA. Next goal.....the entire USA.

See how that works?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....OMG, this is getting interesting.

The purpose of the expiration date is to extort money out of gun manufacturers. If they don't renew their approval, i.e. Pay the PRK, their gun gets dropped from the approved list and can no longer be sold in the state. PRK wins either way--They get money or a reduction of guns available in the state
I heard the police in Cali are allowed to buy whatever off-roster guns they want as well as those evil hi cap mags

Seems like some of the animals are more equal than others

IMHO (without trying to be Divisive or Political)......

It's about reducing the number of guns available in CA and hopefully someday removing ALL of the guns from CA. Next goal.....the entire USA.

See how that works?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....OMG, this is getting interesting.
What a joke, more people are killed with edged weapons than rifles

The purpose of the expiration date is to extract another testing fee from the gun maker.[ approx. $3000]
And to get guns to fall off the list. Once they fall off for any reason they must now add micro stamping

I heard the police in Cali are allowed to buy whatever off-roster guns they want as well as those evil hi cap mags

Seems like some of the animals are more equal than others
Absolutely right. Kind of reveals the hypocrisy of the state letting police use guns that are "unsafe" by virtue of not being on the roster. Fun fact: A whole lot of LEOs made bank for a while buying off roster guns then selling them to the proletariat.

The purpose of the expiration date is to extract another testing fee from the gun maker.[ approx. $3000]
And to get guns to fall off the list. Once they fall off for any reason they must now add micro stamping
Ah, no.

The Roster renewal fee is $200 per model per year; re-testing is not required generally, though the State can demand that.

A few years ago the Legislature regularized the renewal dates for all guns to Jan 1 of each year; easier to track than 'Roster date plus exactly 1 year'.

See also my wiki article, http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php?title=The_Safe_Handgun_List

Wait until you read the CA Firearms Permit application, starts out with this...

REFUGEE, ASYLEE, OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT VISA HOLDER APPLICANTS Business and Professions Code section 135.4 provides that the Bureau must expedite, and may assist, the initial licensure process for certain applicants described below.

☐ Check this box if any of the following statements apply to you: • You were admitted to the United States as a refugee pursuant to section 1157 of title 8 of the United States Code;

• You were granted asylum by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the United States Attorney General pursuant to section 1158 of title 8 of the United States Code; or,

• You have a special immigrant visa and were granted a status pursuant to section 1244 of Public Law 110- 181, Public Law 109-163, or section 602(b) of title VI of division F of Public Law 111-8, relating to Iraqi and Afghan translators/interpreters or those who worked for or on behalf of the United States government.

If you try to understand California's gun laws through the lens of reason and logic you'll go insane. If you view the thousands of gun laws in California through the lens of politicians who want to make private gun ownership as difficult and expensive as possible then it all suddenly comes into focus and makes perfect sense.
That or your estrogen levels increase, you grow breast, and you one day find yourself sitting down to pee, and that you cry easily.

Make all the jokes you want but those pricks in Sacramento have been very successful at 2 things. They have severely limited the constitutional rights of millions of law abiding citizens and they have fostered a massive balck market for guns that criminals use to give fodder for the same pricks in Sacramento to gin up more anti gun fear to give them a green light for even greater restrictions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top