JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the Allison report is accurate, I would say that the Kitsap Rifle Club is not being a good neighbor. It does not matter who was there first, things are what they are and it is the responsibility of the range to conduct its self in a safe AND neighborly way. Again, I qualify my opinion on the accuracy of the suit.

If you build a house adjacent to Portland International Airport do you get to shut it down because of the noise and the very real fact that a plane could crash into your house? Of course you don't!

Has there been any resolution to the issues surrounding this range? I have a buddy who lives in Bremerton and needs a place to shoot, but I'd hate to have him join only to have the range shut down...

Look here. Save Our Range! Personally I think Kitsap County does not have a chance at shutting us down. As far as I know, they have no real evidence of safety violations. I heard that one of their complaints, lack of permits for improvements was true, but it was for installing outdoor lights. This is not a reason to prohibit shooting.

Just so you know, the cost to join the club is $60 per year, plus a commitment to work ten hours a year at the range during working parties for maintenance or as a range officer. If the member cannot work the ten hours, then $100 is added to the dues; pro-rated if less than ten hours are worked.

Because the club is expecting legal bills of about $100,000, a $100 surcharge was added to all 2011 dues, even for life members that are paid up for life. The club has nearly 1000 members, so this might pay the entire bill.

Ranb

Yeah, I read both pages the club has (both the save our range and the club site), but was looking to get the opinion of some actual members, which you just gave me. Thanks. He's really needs to get some shooting in. Excellent stress relief...

If you build a house adjacent to Portland International Airport do you get to shut it down because of the noise and the very real fact that a plane could crash into your house? Of course you don't!

People tried just that with Pearson Airpark across the river. it ended forever with a Judge dismissing the complaint with prejudice so it could not be brought again there by preserving the oldest Military airport in the USA still in it's original configuration.

10-15 years ago,when King county made new development laws,Pierce and Sno counties would enact the laws about 5 years later.
Then 3,then 2,and now it seems it's a couple months or the same time frame.And Kitsap got in on the whole "follow Seattles lead" BS
Seattle politics invades all the other counties.This sounds like Seattle influence,or just plain California type BS.
Sounds like time you guys in Kitsap got that guy out of office.

I hope y'all get this straightened out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top