JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to keiths this weekend and let me say, i am never going back. I know i am a nobody in the community but for a fairly new gun owner let me say i was upset. I have heard rumors that gun shop employees are rude and stuck up and i agree. 2 gun shops and 2 let downs. Again i am new and wanting to learn more but they intimidate you and make you feel dumb. I was greeted once at keiths and asked for a couple items, i got them so that was good. But they do not trust their customer and wont let you carry some sights and magazines with all their cameras in the store. Well ok, that was fine i wanted to look at some handguns so i let them put 3 mags and a tru glo site behind register. Well when it was time to spend my 110 dollars worth of accessories i waited at the register for 30 mins with my card out. The guy just looked at me than back down. NOTHING, not a hi, or can i help you, or have you been helped, or i am busy can you please wait. So i left and supported the local sportsman warehouse.

That pissed me off so badly, that i vow never to go there again. Not like i matter but horrible services is not what i want!

I don't know... I don't understand this archaic need to be waited on. Did your voice go hoarse? If you were ready to go and an employee was doing nothing, why didn't you say you were ready to go rather than standing there for 30 minutes? Seriously people, take charge of your own lives...don't stand around and wait for someone else to live it for you.

If I am going to spend hard earned money I expect decent customer service, not just at a gun shop. I speak for myself but I should not have to clear my throat just to get that service or wait for someone to take my money. I am not against Keiths as I have and plan to purchase firearms there do to their selection. Keith's customer service could be improved, they aren't the worse in town by a long shot - rarely do they even answer the phone anymore.

Never had a problem at Keith's personally. Sometimes the sales people are short but never negative. Regardless I am not talking you into going back. Try The Gun Broker in Clackamas they are great to deal with and I recommend them highly to new owners.

I don't live near Keith's so it was a 40+ minute trip to check it out. One of the guys at the gun counter was helpful, asking if I needed help. At that moment I didn't see anything I was interested in. He got involved with another customer by the time I wanted to look at a rifle and I couldn't get any help from anyone else in the store, even when I asked.

Nope, I won't go out of my way to shop there, either. I'd rather go to the Gun Room and stir up trouble!:s0114:

Dude, it's Keiths. If you want a killer price and or a hard to find item, go there. If you want an actual selection of used guns, go there. If you want to find various selection of ammo in any caliber, go there.

I have my reservations about the place, it's not a swing by, it's not a browse or shoot the bull store. There are far better places for that. Don't give up on it, just know what to expect next time.

Yeah, when I was there, and it's been almost 3 years, there were some decent, but not any "killer" prices that I saw. Same thing goes for when I've seen them at the gun shows. They did have a good selection, but if ya cant get assistance from the employees, what's it matter?
FYI, I was in the store mid-day, mid-week. I'd think that would be the time to go.

I also forgot to mention that i called 3 times the day before, to make sure they had what i wanted. I called back to back than again an hour later. well it was a long drive for me, but i will find another place. The prices were not that great either. My tru glo slight i bought was about an 8 dollars difference at a dept sporting store. well thanks for hearing my rant. I just feel like if im going to spend decent money i shouldn't have to say hi first (sometimes) its not my business.

Never had a problem their, they are always busy, so when I am in there, the common browser which they have a lot of always seems to take up the most time. Can I see this, can I see that, then they leave. Then you have the "expert" that stays at the counter, pulls a gun they "already own" and tells the guy how great the gun is, then leaves. Or the guy that wants to see everything from HK to hi point and can't make up his mind. All along the paying customer is getting aggravated because I just want to get what I need and leave. It's a common thing lately for guns shops. NW Armory is getting to be the same way. I was I there yesterday and waited 29 min to see a shot gun that they didn't have. While waiting some dude tried to haggle on a Bennie M4 that was not happening. That customer blew it for me, not the shop, I believe the customers now need to be a little more conscience of your fellow,gun buyers and stop the general browsing, do your research, then buy your gun. All firearms are not equal.. If your new to our world, find a friend, they will help you, if you don't have a friend, inquire about some classes on how to handle, and train. Going in and fingering 50 different guns won't help you, and the guy behind the counter has his opinion, not yours. His advise is like butt holes,,everyone's got them, like me and this post.

By the way, since you are in Wilsonville, check out Gunbroker and a new place called "USA guns LLC"

Keep the fuel cost to a minimum at least.

Again, keiths is not my number one pick, and I don't go there half as much as I used to, or to a lot of other places. But you really have to be somewhat sympathetic to the volume they do.

Also yes, prices are all over the place anymore. I used be sure of the structure. Keiths<nw armory<broker<fishermans<cabelas. This is no longer true. Sometimes fishermans has the lowest price, sometimes any one of the others.

It should be noted that at many of these places one can attain a smile and excellent customer service to accompany a good price.

US GUNS on Barbour, what a joke, prices are through the roof with no inventory, and gun broker, I bought my first gun in Oregon there, they are not bad, just not my place I love. I really like Keith's and nw armory, those are my favorites, fishermans is not bad, but selection of what I want is not there, I guess when the hammer hits the pin, customer service in a gun store is not my number one priority, selection and price is my goal. Gun prices since sandy hook have been a different beast all together. It is what it is unfortunalty, I don't like to shop around, I want what I want, I will make a few calls or drop in to a place, but if the dealer has it, and it's a reasonable cost, I will bite

Never had a problem at Keith's personally. Sometimes the sales people are short but never negative. Regardless I am not talking you into going back. Try The Gun Broker in Clackamas they are great to deal with and I recommend them highly to new owners.

LOL@gunbroker
Once I took my Yugo M92 Krinkov in and the girl behind the counter (looked about 22) grabbed a tape and measured the bbl from the front of the trunion to the end of the permanently attached fake suppressor and told me the gun was an illegal SBR. I had to educate her. She then told me that she could give me $250 if I wanted to trade it in on something. I asked if she knew what the rifle was and she said, not really, but it's used and we can't give a warranty to our customer so it's only worth $250. I asked why the Yugo M92 pistols on her wall were $900 as compared to what she was offering me. She said I'd have to ask her boss who wasn't there.

I would rather deal with the dicks at keiths than some air head chick at gunbroker any day, but that is my opinion only.

BTW...Keith's works best for those who know what they want, go in, ask for it, pay for it, and leave. Those who wander in and act as though it's some sort of petting zoo and ask questions easily gleaned from a quick google search will find themselves very disappointed.

Keith's is about 2% cheaper than NW Armory, not a whole lot, but it adds up as the price increases. They are the largest gun store in Oregon, and have the best selection. Their customer service is crap, and they're not open on Sunday. They also didn't jack up the prices on the scary black rifle like NW Armory during the Feinstein/Burdick 15 minutes of fame.

Just my $0.02.

I think maybe the main takeaway here is not to write off any place based on one visit.

For all my suggestions of a alternate establishment, I have easily spent the most coin in keiths. I have never had an issue there or anywhere really, but I can see how one might be put off at times. Especially when they are busy and the line of customers with cash in hand is 10 deep.

Give them another chance, I say give all the firearms establishments at least a second chance, barring some egregious offense or ludicrous price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top