JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I received the GP-100 that I sent down to @Velzey for an action job. The difference is amazing! The trigger pull used to be smooth, but quite heavy, especially when firing double action. He lightened it up to the perfect spot for me- I didn't want a hair trigger as this is a gun that I'll be carrying around with me, but I did want it lightened to a point where the weight wouldn't negatively affect my accuracy (I need all the help I can get!). Turnaround time was fast, price reasonable, and I'm very happy with the quality of work. He took a great gun and made it even better.
The pics below are of the difference in groups before and after the trigger job. Shot were fired at 15 yards, with 158 grain .357 magnums
Before:
image.jpeg
(4 single action shots, and 2 double action shots- guess which ones were which!)
After:
image.jpeg
The top target was single action, the bottom double.
Definitely an improvement!

If any of you guys are looking for a gunsmith, I highly recommend velzey.

So far, I've not seen a single person unhappy with his work and so many posts about how good his work is plus the people I know personally that have used him.

He is a top notch gunsmith to be sure;).

Oh crap....just what I need, another reason to spend more money. Looks like I'll need to bring my GP100 into @Velzey now too and get that same trigger job! Damn you OP for posting this!!

But yes, great guy, great gunsmith. He recently Cerakoted 2 guns for me and added some tech sights and a new trigger/guard on one of them. I'll share pictures down the road once I get the stocks upgraded/cleaned up. For now, the stocks detract from the work on the guns...

Oh, Velzey's a good one alright ;)

The GP100 is a Solid gun and responds beautifully to a good trigger job, takes some time but it'll make you smile every time you shoot it.

Having seen a bunch of Velzey's work, I can say in all honesty that what ever you need, That's who you go see! A good Smith is a rare thing these days, and it's great to see so many members helping support a great one! Keep it up V!!!

Has anybody seen a thread where he responds to or comments on the new retard, oops I mean ITAR, extortion, oops I mean fee? The government is saying that a gunsmith threading a barrel or anything in which they cut into metal makes them a gun manufacturer. I'd love to get his take.

Tom Gresham states emphatically that the nssf is telling gunsmiths to not do anything since they are working on the issue legislatively and if all gunsmiths refuse to comply, then the nssf has more leverage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top