JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use them for bait. I drive around and when I see some in fields I find the nearest house and ask. Oh and sometimes I use the 223......

View attachment 758102

Thank you for all of the information. I was wondering, what kind of .22 and .223 ammo should I use? Should it be lead free so I don't contaminate the water? I know there is varmint ammo but seeing how these critters live in/near the water I wouldn't want to be doing anything that would be a 'no no'. I am a noob when it comes to hunting in general and I can look things up on the internet but I thought I would ask this community since others might have the same questions.

I don't worry about such things. My advice is to use the ammo that shoots the best in your rifle.

2B372C37-4451-47FA-AA02-EB4A1EBD1FF2.jpeg

P

Thank you for all of the information. I was wondering, what kind of .22 and .223 ammo should I use? Should it be lead free so I don't contaminate the water? I know there is varmint ammo but seeing how these critters live in/near the water I wouldn't want to be doing anything that would be a 'no no'. I am a noob when it comes to hunting in general and I can look things up on the internet but I thought I would ask this community since others might have the same questions.

Any ammo you have and shoots well in your rifle. 40 years ago I would use what was on sale. I even used a SA-22 in 22 short. Now though I use very specific ammo because I give the skulls to a lady who beetles and sells them on the internet. Since I do all boiler room shots, I want a bullet that expands greatly.

CCI segmented hollow point subsonic 22 LR (not the quiet subsonic)

Hornady 223 55gr v-max. I have also had great success with a 62 gr HP that a person loaded for me after I took him on a varmint hunting trip.

And be prepared for a lot of shooting. Two weeks ago a watershed manager called me asking if I would come out and shoot "5 or 6 nutria swimming around their project area" In three days I shot 60+

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top