JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent! My first .22 rifle was the 510 single shot. Great rifle! Appreciate the update. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is any additional help we can offer the boy (for those of us that didn't have an opportunity to contribute).

That's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. I bet the boy was thrilled to see his mom get involved in something he was passionate about. Nice work creating a great memory and story for that family!

I'm a little late to the party, but this was an excellent, feel good read. I am super proud to know that there are still young people with this mindset. Way to go mom! She obviously stole pops balls. Way to go everyone.

As some of you know a young man has been an intern at my ranch near Coquille for the summer. I just returned from two months in Maine to find he has been very busy working to improve just about everything here! And he seems to be a foot taller. He asked if he could trap this winter and of course I said yes. I have most of what he needs for fox, coyote, bobcat and raccoon. He really wants some trail cams to place at different spots to track movements of said animals. Since most of his meager wage goes to is family he doesn't have much left to buy things. Cascade has some stealth cams for $50 but before we went that route I told him I would check to see if anybody has a trail cam they are not using and would sell it cheap. Doesn't have to be fancy just take a picture of passing animals.

A great weekend with Sam and his Mother putting in fence and doing a little target shooting. Things are more complicated than even I could have imagined, a firearm nor ammo cannot be in their house even locked in a safe. I now know the grey area called "constructive possession". That does explain the apparent lack of interest in hunting and no pictures taken. I had several long talks with the Mother and told her of the support from this and other groups. We are not sure how to get him a rifle although she did ask if I could hold on to anything until he reaches 18 or will it be 21? Not sure how that would work. As you can guess they are a little ashamed and embarrassed about the matter. I talked to my family and we are thinking we need a summer intern on the ranch......

Not sure I understand the constructive possession rule/gray area/etc. Con you enlighten me on this? Is someone in the house not allowed to be in possession of a weapon, i.e. a felon etc? Dad's attitude is confusing. Either he hates guns or could get in trouble (no pictures allowed & unwilling to join in) if found in possession.

I like the idea of offering the kid a summer job giving you both positive benefits of such a bonding. You could make him a lifelong POG teaching him the basics of safety, gun mechanics and hunting. You know he won't get any of that at home and he certainly sounds hungry to learn. If he gets that desire spiked at home he will be missing a chance at a lifetime of fun and camaraderie with many people he wouldn't normally have a chance to meet. Good for you, wish I'd had that chance growing up myself.

Is someone in the house not allowed to be in possession of a weapon, i.e. a felon etc?

Yes. A person made some foolish choices and the entire family is paying for it now. BUT it is all working out.

I like the idea of offering the kid a summer job giving you both positive benefits of such a bonding. You could make him a lifelong POG teaching him the basics of safety, gun mechanics and hunting. You know he won't get any of that at home and he certainly sounds hungry to learn. If he gets that desire spiked at home he will be missing a chance at a lifetime of fun and camaraderie with many people he wouldn't normally have a chance to meet. Good for you, wish I'd had that chance growing up myself.

Although I was in Maine most of the summer thus have only been around him a week, so far I am so impressed with this young man and his desire to learn and improve everything and everyone around him. Did I mention he is home schooled?

Yes. A person made some foolish choices and the entire family is paying for it now. BUT it is all working out.

Although I was in Maine most of the summer thus have only been around him a week, so far I am so impressed with this young man and his desire to learn and improve everything and everyone around him. Did I mention he is home schooled?
he is home schooled?
Well that explains a lot then.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews