JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use them for bait. I drive around and when I see some in fields I find the nearest house and ask. Oh and sometimes I use the 223......

View attachment 758102

Thank you for all of the information. I was wondering, what kind of .22 and .223 ammo should I use? Should it be lead free so I don't contaminate the water? I know there is varmint ammo but seeing how these critters live in/near the water I wouldn't want to be doing anything that would be a 'no no'. I am a noob when it comes to hunting in general and I can look things up on the internet but I thought I would ask this community since others might have the same questions.

I don't worry about such things. My advice is to use the ammo that shoots the best in your rifle.

2B372C37-4451-47FA-AA02-EB4A1EBD1FF2.jpeg

P

Thank you for all of the information. I was wondering, what kind of .22 and .223 ammo should I use? Should it be lead free so I don't contaminate the water? I know there is varmint ammo but seeing how these critters live in/near the water I wouldn't want to be doing anything that would be a 'no no'. I am a noob when it comes to hunting in general and I can look things up on the internet but I thought I would ask this community since others might have the same questions.

Any ammo you have and shoots well in your rifle. 40 years ago I would use what was on sale. I even used a SA-22 in 22 short. Now though I use very specific ammo because I give the skulls to a lady who beetles and sells them on the internet. Since I do all boiler room shots, I want a bullet that expands greatly.

CCI segmented hollow point subsonic 22 LR (not the quiet subsonic)

Hornady 223 55gr v-max. I have also had great success with a 62 gr HP that a person loaded for me after I took him on a varmint hunting trip.

And be prepared for a lot of shooting. Two weeks ago a watershed manager called me asking if I would come out and shoot "5 or 6 nutria swimming around their project area" In three days I shot 60+

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top