JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently discovered a discount gym membership program and it is available to me as a Kaiser Permanente customer. You may have access to it through other health ins providers. For me it is $25 month plus a $25 enrollment fee, I will pay Active&Fit Direct. You can cancel the membership at anytime after three months. I can go to any gym that participates in the Active&Fit program. In my case my local gym participates in the Active&Fit Direct program. You can go to any gyms in the network and not be tied to just one gym. The gyms get reimbursed by Active&Fit Direct for each visit you make to a participating gym. My preferred gym Edge Fitness in Wilsonville is normally $37 a month with $99 enrollment fee so it is a pretty big savings with the Active&Fit membership and I won't be stuck with the one gym.

If you are on medicare there is a Silver Sneakers program that may offer some reduced rates for gyms.

If you have used the Active&Fit Direct program let us know how it worked for you.

Kaiser link: https://www.choosehealthy.com/vendors/75/Z0

I recently discovered a discount gym membership program and it is available to me as a Kaiser Permanente customer. You may have access to it through other health ins providers. For me it is $25 month plus a $25 enrollment fee, I will pay Active&Fit Direct. You can cancel the membership at anytime after three months. I can go to any gym that participates in the Active&Fit program. In my case my local gym participates in the Active&Fit Direct program. You can go to any gyms in the network and not be tied to just one gym. The gyms get reimbursed by Active&Fit Direct for each visit you make to a participating gym. My preferred gym Edge Fitness in Wilsonville is normally $37 a month with $99 enrollment fee so it is a pretty big savings with the Active&Fit membership and I won't be stuck with the one gym.

If you are on medicare there is a Silver Sneakers program that may offer some reduced rates for gyms.

If you have used the Active&Fit Direct program let us know how it worked for you.

Thank you . . . . .

Thanks.

We are with Kaiser. I will have to see if this is part of our insurance package.

I finally decided to pull the trigger and join the gym through this active and fit program. It was a pain in the rear and I still have to take my active and fit number to the gym to get signed up there. I will do that today and hopefully get in a workout. I have not been doing any strength training for the last couple of months. The other day I attempted some lifting on home bench and dang I have lost a lot of strength in the last couple of months. It's true that you need to use it or you'll lose it.

I finally decided to pull the trigger and join the gym through this active and fit program. It was a pain in the rear and I still have to take my active and fit number to the gym to get signed up there. I will do that today and hopefully get in a workout. I have not been doing any strength training for the last couple of months. The other day I attempted some lifting on home bench and dang I have lost a lot of strength in the last couple of months. It's true that you need to use it or you'll lose it.
After you start getting with it again I am sure you will start to feel its worth it!!

After you start getting with it again I am sure you will start to feel its worth it!!
The cost today was $50. $25 enrollment and first months dues of $25. It's less than a buck a day averaged over a year so not horrible. I like the fact that I can switch gyms if for some reason I feel the need to do so. I am going to try and hit the gym for cardio everyday until I reach my goal weight or the weightloss challenge end date arrives. I have about 12lbs to go.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top