JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not made it to the gym in many weeks and have decided to try another challenge to help motivate me to do so.

I am putting a total of 4,096 small pistol primers at risk for gym attendance failure. A visit will be counted if I put in at least 10min on a cardio machine. I will snap a picture of the displayed time put in on the machine and post it in this thread after each completed visit.

Each visit I make to the gym in the calendar month, will allow me to keep an increasing quantity of the 4,096 primers at risk, based on the schedule below.

One gym visit, I keep 1 primer
Two gym visits, I keep 2 primers and so on.
3 visits = 4 primers
4 visits = 8 primers
5 visits = 16 primers
6 visits = 32 primers
7 visits = 64 primers
8 visits = 128 primers
9 visits = 256 primers
10 visits = 512 primers
11 visits = 1024 primers
12 visits = 2048 primers
13 visits = I keep all 4096 primers

I am looking for an accountability volunteer to accept the primers that I fail to keep. The volunteer would have to come to Wilsonville to pick up the primers. If you would like to volunteer please post in this thread.

Edit: Any primers I lose from lack of gym attendance will be sold and all proceeds will be donated to NWFA.

For now I will limit this challenge to the month of March but may extend it to future months, if it works to get me back in the gym.

Last Edited:
If I don't get a volunteer lined up by this evening, I will go with Plan B. Plan B will be to sell any primers I lose and donate the money to NWFA.

I am psyching myself up for first gym visit tomorrow.

Edit: Going with Plan B.

Last Edited:
Day 1 gym visit is in the books. One primer for me.

Put in 10mins each on recumbent bike, treadmill and elliptical.

20230301_090601.jpg

20230301_085353.jpg

20230301_084233.jpg

Day 3 is done. Four primers are mine. I did 10mins on treadmill in my work clothes. I have to shower, get into clean clothes and head off to second job for another 8hrs. I knew I wouldn't haven't any desire to workout this evening so I knocked it out on the way home this morning.

20230303_073147.jpg

10th visit done, half a brick is mine to keep. I only did 10min on elliptical this morning but kept my heart rate above 125bpm. I got it up to 140bpm for brief few seconds.

20230311_074324.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR