JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to pick up my JR Carbine this morning. Everything I have read about these says they are a fun gun to shoot. Does anyone else have one? Does anyone know of a forum for JR Carbine owners to share information? My Google Fu skills have failed me on this.

I am looking at getting one in .40. I have read someplace you can swap the upper and mags of course to a different caliber. Is this accurate? What kind of prices should I be looking for?

I think the change kit costs about $250. You can go to their web site to be sure. I paid $675 for mine last summer. Prices should be more like $600 or less now.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably spend the extra cash and get a 9mm AR. The JRC is fine. But I would prefer to have a rifle that locks back on empty and has the same controls as my ARs.

I know this is an old thread...

The benefits over a 9mm AR-15, though, are 1) Glock mags and 2) price. You can completely outfit a JRC for home defense (sling, sights, light) for under $1000 and you would be really hard-pressed to get anywhere near that in the AR platform. Closer to $1400-1500 is more realistic.

Any more thoughts on this carbine?

That's not a complete rifle. You have to disassemble one of your Glocks in order to complete the rifle. You could buy a dedicated frame, but that takes the total to about the same price.

But I agree the price of a completed MechTech is comparable to a completed JRC.

I still like the TNW aero survival rifle.
I've heard the accuracy isn't the greatest but I'm not trying to shoot a 9mm 200 yds and would think that all the carbines would be similar.
I like the ease of take don't and the use of AR equipment.

I know this is an old thread...

The benefits over a 9mm AR-15, though, are 1) Glock mags and 2) price. You can completely outfit a JRC for home defense (sling, sights, light) for under $1000 and you would be really hard-pressed to get anywhere near that in the AR platform. Closer to $1400-1500 is more realistic.

Any more thoughts on this carbine?

There are several AR's on the market that take Glock mags so that is not a factor. I am not sure going price, but I think I gave $750 for mine in stock configuration. It appears the MSRP on the OA GL-9 is $1100 which is about what it was when I got mine. Looks like the JRC is not that far off in selling price. Obviously looks are opinions but the JRC is kinda ugly.

I have had this gun for probably 8 years,

DSC_0010.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews