JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going to pick up my JR Carbine this morning. Everything I have read about these says they are a fun gun to shoot. Does anyone else have one? Does anyone know of a forum for JR Carbine owners to share information? My Google Fu skills have failed me on this.

I am looking at getting one in .40. I have read someplace you can swap the upper and mags of course to a different caliber. Is this accurate? What kind of prices should I be looking for?

I think the change kit costs about $250. You can go to their web site to be sure. I paid $675 for mine last summer. Prices should be more like $600 or less now.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably spend the extra cash and get a 9mm AR. The JRC is fine. But I would prefer to have a rifle that locks back on empty and has the same controls as my ARs.

I know this is an old thread...

The benefits over a 9mm AR-15, though, are 1) Glock mags and 2) price. You can completely outfit a JRC for home defense (sling, sights, light) for under $1000 and you would be really hard-pressed to get anywhere near that in the AR platform. Closer to $1400-1500 is more realistic.

Any more thoughts on this carbine?

That's not a complete rifle. You have to disassemble one of your Glocks in order to complete the rifle. You could buy a dedicated frame, but that takes the total to about the same price.

But I agree the price of a completed MechTech is comparable to a completed JRC.

I still like the TNW aero survival rifle.
I've heard the accuracy isn't the greatest but I'm not trying to shoot a 9mm 200 yds and would think that all the carbines would be similar.
I like the ease of take don't and the use of AR equipment.

I know this is an old thread...

The benefits over a 9mm AR-15, though, are 1) Glock mags and 2) price. You can completely outfit a JRC for home defense (sling, sights, light) for under $1000 and you would be really hard-pressed to get anywhere near that in the AR platform. Closer to $1400-1500 is more realistic.

Any more thoughts on this carbine?

There are several AR's on the market that take Glock mags so that is not a factor. I am not sure going price, but I think I gave $750 for mine in stock configuration. It appears the MSRP on the OA GL-9 is $1100 which is about what it was when I got mine. Looks like the JRC is not that far off in selling price. Obviously looks are opinions but the JRC is kinda ugly.

I have had this gun for probably 8 years,

DSC_0010.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews