Just got my new holster, What do you think, will the kydex cause any scratching?

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by mikeepson, Apr 2, 2018.

1. L84Cabo

L84Cabo
    Orcas Island, WA

Break-in is also wonderfully easy with kydex. Adjust the tension screw to your liking...you're done. I've got a Milt Sparks leather holster that I've done about 500 presentations with and it's still not broken in. Who has time for that? Super nice holster though.

mkwerx likes this.
  2. HolsterHQ 10

HolsterHQ 10
    washington

Hey that's my Holster. I own HolsterHQ. Glad you like! You will see some wear at the contact points, but it will protect your weapon far better than leather ever could. One thing I recommend is adding a light coating of lubricate after you wash it. That way it will continue to slide just like when its new. After the holsters are made we put a light coating of silicone lubricant before we send them out. As far as it being mass produced, not a chance. These are hand made and pressed not extruded. Your getting as custom of a fit as if I would have if I formed it around your own gun. Watch for our new products coming soon athttps://www.holsterhq.com/holster-hq-products-kydex-iwb-owb-tactical-bags-gun-cloth/ I may be running some special discounts just for northwestfirearms members, still looking in to ads with them. Hey JustsomeGuy I live next to your home town!

nwwoodsman, mkwerx and kenboy like this.
  3. Ironbar

Ironbar
    Tigard, OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I couldn't care less if my holster wears on my pistol(s). It means I've been actually using them instead of keeping them as safe queens.

Norwestr55 likes this.