JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got it in the mail today. Well maybe yesterday. Just checked the mail today. Ive been trying out different holsters after I decided leather wasn't my thing I went this fancy looking little holster. It's small enough that with my G43 I think I can probably wear it most the day. Only thing I was wondering is the tightness of it. It snaps in fairly tight, looks like i can loosen it though. Has anyone had anyissues with scratching from kydex? Here's the pic I found it on Holsterhq.com

Put a piece of electric tape on front of your gun, At the end of the day it's just a tool :D

It will take finish off most guns

Last Edited:
Kydex is fairly easy on gun finishes. But with enough in and out it will make wear marks. ALL of my pistols have holster wear.

All holsters cause wear. Kydex is about the easiest on the finish, its non pourous and does not trap dust and debris, or moisture to the extent leather does.

People who don't shoot their guns and keep them in glass cases as show pieces worry about wear marks.

People who practice a lot to be proficient in the use of their firearm in a defensive manner have wear marks on their firearms.

I would be far more concerned with 'does this holster suffice for my carry needs' than thinking about the marks it might leave on the pistol.

As long as you aren't having metal on metal contact which no holster should have that, it won't prematurely wear worth worrying about.

Yes, your kydex holster will probably scratch the gun. A leather holster will too. Leather generally wears across the entire surface of the gun and kydex will often only wear on the contact points but the wear on those points is usually greater than leather. But much can vary holster to holster.

There is, however, no way around this. Any two surfaces rubbing together are probably going to cause some wear. If you don't want wear on your gun's finish, don't carry it.

If your still holster hunting after this one, I would recommend contacting Ryan @ORYGUNHolsterCompany and having him make you a custom holster.

Very reasonable prices and he is an artist and perfectionist. My holsters from him are as nice if not nicer then the guns I put in them;).

Seriously though, I will never buy a mass produced holster or knife sheath again. All of mine will be custom made by Ryan.

thanks for the responses.So far I really like It, guess i'm not actually worried about scratching. I definitely plan on using it. It is custom fit so it clicks in really snug. I think im going to be happy with it. Glad I found this site!

Ive found that if I slowly pull my hi-point s l o w l y in and out of its holster it retains its original LUSTER .....:rolleyes:

Does your holster look like this?

964A965D-36D1-4147-B821-E30BB8CD0E1B.jpeg

If you loosen that tension screw by your thumb in the photos, you'll find that it'll click in and out with a bit less authority.

My recommendation, adjust it to the point where it'll retain the G43 with a reasonable shake, holding the holster/gun upside down giving it an up and down shake, that's about all the tension you need in the real world, IMHO. Of course you do this with an unloaded pistol...

Good looking holster by the way...

IMO, the big plus for Kydex is the ease of cleaning. After a day of practice in the dusty desert hills north of Yakima a thorough cleaning is mandatory. Kydex = easy peezy. Leather, not so much.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top