JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else barber pole their defensive shotgun rounds? I like dragon's breath for the first round then oooo buck for the nexr two, then alternate oooo buck, slug, buck, slug, etc, etc...... What's your favorite shotgun load out?

2 x 7-1/2, 2 x 00, 2 x slug, 1 x 00 with 3 x 00 and 3 x slug side saddle for intermittent single load at any time or full reload.

Typically, I keep the tube loaded with 00 Buck and keep slugs on the side saddle.

20220802_174613.jpg

For "Why are you here...social type work"....
I use #3 Buck with my 20 gauge shotguns.

When hunting grouse I like #7 1/2 shot in the early season...and #6 shot in the late season.

I have some boxes of slugs...but I really don't have a actual need for 'em.
Andy

Anyone else barber pole their defensive shotgun rounds? I like dragon's breath for the first round then oooo buck for the nexr two, then alternate oooo buck, slug, buck, slug, etc, etc...... What's your favorite shotgun load out?
Just curious as well.
If you don't want to set things on fire, do you shuck the first round with the bolt release?

Nope, I don't enjoy guess work so 00 in the gun, in the Aridus Q-DC with 2 more in the chest rig along with 6 more rounds of 00 in loops and 6 rounds of slugs + one more on the opposite side in a match-saverz.

1301 chest rig.jpg

In the magazine I like #4 buck, #4 buck, #00 buck, #00buck, slug, HESH slug, pentrator slug, #00 buck, #00 buck, #00 buck , slug, slug, HESH, HESH, penetrator slug, pentrator slug, slug, penetrator slug, slug, penetrator slug.

Just kidding, I have no HESH slugs but would love to try them if they weren't so expensive. Honestly though, dumping a 20 round mag accurately (if using a good muzzle brake which reduces recoil 70-80%) takes 4 seconds. That's the ability to put a heck of a lot of lead down range in a short time (not that you have to do a full mag dump of course but you could if needed). Heavy though with that many rounds in the gun.

Last Edited:
One thing I like to keep in mind... and load accordingly... is collateral damage within the home. 7-1/2 shot will, at least, disorient and give time to load heavier loads, and at best... close range... will still do significant damage without spraying heavier loads into the walls, furnishings and appliances. If the shot doesn't discourage an intruder then there is 00 coming along right behind it, but then again... 7-1/2 may be more than sufficient to incapacitate an assailant in close quarters.

I'm not necessarily out to kill them if hamburgering their face or their weewee will do. ;)

One thing I like to keep in mind... and load accordingly... is collateral damage within the home. 7-1/2 shot will, at least, disorient and give time to load heavier loads, and at best... close range... will still do significant damage without spraying heavier loads into the walls, furnishings and appliances. If the shot doesn't discourage an intruder then there is 00 coming along right behind it, but then again... 7-1/2 may be more than sufficient to incapacitate an assailant in close quarters.

I'm not necessarily out to kill them if hamburgering their face or their weewee will do. ;)
No way, I'm hitting them with the real deal first round, no reason to give them the opportunity to throw any lead back at me. One and done. I'm out stop the threat, killing them may or may not be a byproduct.

The first two rounds are my special load of Morton's rock-salt because it preseasons 'em, followed by 00-buck because it'll kill and tenderize them…. before I cook 'em and eat 'em!

:s0149:
You've obviously never had blue haired meth infused vegan crat before.

There's always composting.... ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top