JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I have Ruger 45/22s , S&W 41, & 422s & various others & was still very impressed with the KelTec especially the 2# trigger, the 17 rd capacity, the ability to add a can, the accuracy, 3 mags & the price. Don't knock it till you try it.

I picked up the P17 a few weeks ago for sub $200. The 3-16 round mags, and threaded barrel where appealing to me as a suppressor host. I have taken it to the range half a dozen times and have really enjoyed it each time. Have put about 500 rounds of various ammo types with Zero issues, suppressed and unsuppressed. For under 200 I am very happy with it.

My all-time favourite 'just for plinking .22' was a Colt Woodsman made in 1940. I paid £60 for it - that much I DO remember. I sold it to a collector in Germany for £900 when our handguns got banned back in 1997/8. It was the sweetest thing, with a grip that was just so right, if a tad on the small side.

For all you doubters
You CAN NOT find a 22 handgun for 4x the price that will do all this, shoot almost any ammo, comes with a 2# trigger, is this accurate & set up for a can. I like the fixed barrel & think it helps with the accuracy. It weighs 110z & comes with 3 16 rd mags all for under $200.

I took many bear with a 45/70 Contendor & many squirrel with a S&W 422. I like handgun huntung. I just bought 2 new 6.5" 454 Casull SS Raging Bulls for $450 ea shipped. They shoot hot or mild 45LC also. Heres a 20 year old Gun Test report saying if you need this much power buy a rifle, it's very funny as now you can buy ammo that goes 2100 fps & 2100 ft pds of energy. They make 2 Geletin blocks jump up dance a jig & end up backwards from where they started in a you tube I'll try to find.
.454 Casulls: Too Much Power, Too Little Real-World Utility - Gun Tests

My Browning Buckmark won't shoot subsonic. CCI min-mags 100%. Wish it did both. Thanks for the heads up.

I bought a Ruger 22/45 brand new.
Pimped it out with a red dot, 10 mags.
The mags were loaded twice and shot.
Boring....................boring.............boring
Back in the safe it went. o_O

I bought a Ruger 22/45 brand new.
Pimped it out with a red dot, 10 mags.
The mags were loaded twice and shot.
Boring....................boring.............boring
Back in the safe it went. o_O
Exactly the same experience here with a ruger mark III. Absolutely love the looks of it but it was so boring I never shot it again.
80042D13-01B2-42C9-ADAC-7436D6C262B8.jpeg

I like the Ruger charger shot off the bench with a GSG 110 rd drum $39.95. Nothing more frusterating than than target shooting with a 10 rd mag.

Not to derail the topic, but when I can pull down the spring, and literally dump the rounds in a magazine by the brick full, then I'd gain interest.
My Ruger 10/22 sits in the back of my safe waiting for a rat infestation.
At a time, I was into shooting .22's a lot.
80+ thousand rounds of Eley Match

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR