JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I like Ruger Chargers but just bought a KelTec P17 which is the best buy & quality for the price I;ve ever seen. It beats the new Glock 22 10x over. 2# trigger best stock trigger I've ever bought. 17 rd capacity, europeon style mag release, comes with 3 16 rd mags, also comes with a wrench where you can turn the barrel nut around & run a 1/2"x28 tpi can. Eats any ammo I've tried, sunsonic to supersonic. Nice HiViz front sight & adjustable rear, very very accurate. 11oz emty. Best part is LIST PRICE is $199, got mine for $177 OTD, ordered 5 more. TFB had a issue with a preproduction test but all that's fixes. Several youTubes but here's a short one

I must have misread the title, based on it I thought the thread was going to be about Browning Buckmarks and the many iterations threreof. :p

BTW, seriously, people diss on them, but Keltec has some nifty innovative interesting designs. Love the PLR-16 (Pistol Long Range). Shoots any standard Ar-15 5.56 Nato ammo and uses regular Ar-15 magazines -Magpul, Colt, whatever you have. Doesn't jam, super accurate for a pistol out to 50 yards (for me), 100 yards pistol my eyes and muscle control ain't what it once was, but I'd hit a man (or man sized target) at that range every time as long as I wasn't being shot back at. The short barrel causes too much muzzle flash, but you can't have everything.

Edited to try and add a photo:
18170-000.jpg

Last Edited:
I do not like their mag release I had a PMR 30 and my grip would release the mag occasionally. Gave it away and bought the XT 22mag

Well, to be honest, I am always looking for the best .22 handgun for plinking. I've been quite disappointed up to this point in life. They all seem to be finicky POS' to some degree or another.

So I guess maybe I'll go to the LGS and buy me some Keltex...

Well, to be honest, I am always looking for the best .22 handgun for plinking. I've been quite disappointed up to this point in life. They all seem to be finicky POS' to some degree or another.

So I guess maybe I'll go to the LGS and buy me some Keltex...
THE best non finicky 22 pistol of all time is........and they have many colorful offerings......

Ruger 22/45, that beast eats anything and it's not been detail cleaned since last century, just bore snake the barrel between range visits :D
What about subsonics and that Rem Golden b00lit stuff? Mine chokes on both. CCI Minimags are 100% tho

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads