JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"Best" in firearms , more often that not , is subjective to :
The needs , wants or desires of the individual viewing or using said fiream...

The pistol in the OP does nothing for me...
But that's okay...'Cause it ain't my pistol.
The OP likes it and it works well for him...therefore it may well be the best....for him.

Enjoy your new pistol...shoot it well and often.
Andy

I started reading this thread wondering i f I need another .22 handgun. Of the 8 I own, I enjoy my Browning 1911-22 and S&W Mdl 18 best. Probably don't need another. But still.....:rolleyes:

I started reading this thread wondering i f I need another .22 handgun. Of the 8 I own, I enjoy my Browning 1911-22 and S&W Mdl 18 best. Probably don't need another. But still.....:rolleyes:

Ah, you can always use another! :)

I like the Ruger charger shot off the bench with a GSG 110 rd drum $39.95. Nothing more frusterating than than target shooting with a 10 rd mag.
I love my Gen 1 charger. Even better that Bloeing bought most of it for me with help from Cabelas. I miss those days.. Has a Valq. Trigger job and the power customs mag release. The original wood grip looks alot better than the Gen II ones. Also pretty comfy for my medium hands. Its looks super fat though. Suprisingly comfy. Everyone whos shot it loves it.
I even had to show the local range guys a thing or two. When he inquired about it. And i was like "you have one on your wall to rent, youve never even shot it?" Try this out.. I think i sold one. He was all smiles.

On a side note Dont miss Bloeing one bit. They are getting what they deserve and its long past time all their dirt gets aired out.
One of the best and worst jobs I've ever had..
The sub cells are pretty good. The actual aircraft assembly and management is garbage. Literally life threatening ignorance in management. They NEED to be held accountable.

Back to the topic..eager to test out my JP Upper more.. Also i have a regular SS MKIII and a olympics in athens limited edition target MKIII i like that quite a bit. But its still not super custom.

Sorry I saw the header and thought you were talking about the Smith 41. Nevermind. Best gun I own and I own a lot.

2019-11-07_115.jpg

I have a 41 also. Just another of my boring 10 rd 22s, My 6" 422 is far more accurate. The P17 beats all mine with a better trigger, 6 more rds, 3 mags from the factory, isn't ammo picky, ready for a silencer, better sights, fixed barrel for better accuracy, lighter weight & OTD for under $200. Maybe it's all the features, accuracy, 17 rds, best stock trigger ever all for under $200 OTD that exites me but it does excite me that's for sure. You have a great looking 41 BTW.

I have a 41 also. Just another of my boring 10 rd 22s, My 6" 422 is far more accurate. The P17 beats all mine with a better trigger, 6 more rds, 3 mags from the factory, isn't ammo picky, ready for a silencer, better sights, fixed barrel for better accuracy, lighter weight & OTD for under $200. Maybe it's all the features, accuracy, 17 rds, best stock trigger ever all for under $200 OTD that exites me but it does excite me that's for sure. You have a great looking 41 BTW.

I never thought the 41 was all that until I picked up a Ray Vin ( also ready for a silencer ) barrel for it and put a holosun red dot on it. The trigger is good but if I thought I could mow the center out of a target any better with anything else I'd be on it. It shoots better than I do by a wide margin.

And if that doesnt do it the 1934 Woodsman will.

4Hw3DS.jpg

Last Edited:
Looks very nice but mine has a better trigger, more capacity, 3 mags & weighs 11oz. I bet you have well over $200 in it. All my point was is a lot of features & accurate for under $200. It wasn't mines better than yours, it's you can carry it while on a woods walk & not worry if you scratch it pistol that works with all these featuresfor cheap post.

Looks very nice but mine has a better trigger, more capacity, 3 mags & weighs 11oz. I bet you have well over $200 in it. All my point was is a lot of features & accurate for under $200. It wasn't mines better than yours, it's you can carry it while on a woods walk & not worry if you scratch it pistol that works with all these featuresfor cheap post.
There is zero way that thing has a better trigger than Smith 41. I can keep them inside a dime at 25 yards if I try. You might have a Smith 41 and you might have one with a bad trigger or you just cant shoot? My 41 has a 2.2 lbs trigger and it breaks like glass. There is no way that moped of a pistol is going to outshoot a Smith 41. They may have worked out the early bugs on those things and you might like it but lets be be realistic. Its not even on the same planet quality wise as a real pistol.

Last Edited:
Try one & see my friend. Mines just under 2# but I've now put a brick thru it, No wall, no creep. You'll see.
If mines a moped at least it's a Vespa, not a Sears & Sawbuck like your overweight, under capacity, one 10 rd wonder moped you can't even put a muffler on without major mods on moped.:eek:

Last Edited:
The proof of the pudding is in the eating as far as 22 caliber accuracy goes. I was out hunting some years ago in the Olympics of WA state, and was about ready to give it up after no success. Then I spotted a big buck about a hundred yards up the side of a big clear cut. But I had no more rifle ammo to take the shot.

So I took out my Belgian Browning Challenger 22 with the seven inch barrel and popped a CCI solid-head minimag into the side of his head. He hesitated a bit, rocked around a little, and started crashing and rolling down the hill. I knew exactly how to use the big blade sight on that thing. We ate the backstrap, made some into sausage, and did teriyaki venison jerky on the remainder.

Yes, it was a slight violation of the rules. But I got the food home, and sometimes that's what counts.

Wait what? You were hunting, but somehow didn't have any ammo for your hunting rifle, and decide to wing one at a buck at 100yds with a .22?

Wait what? You were hunting, but somehow didn't have any ammo for your hunting rifle, and decide to wing one at a buck at 100yds with a .22?

Yeah, thats pretty disgusting. Heres a guy who had blown off a magazine with of ammo not hitting anything all day or worse yet did hit something and let it run off and bleed to death like a bow hunter then he takes out his .22 pistol and illegally shoots a deer at 100 yards because he knows how good of a shot he is.

XoXSciFiGuy .....

"Yes, it was a slight violation of the rules. But I got the food home, and sometimes that's what counts. ".

No, its called a felony. And no, that's not what counts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with poaching either but the military considers a bullet lethal that will go thru a 1/2" pine board. A 22 std vel will do that at 440 yards.

Hmmm...I may have to try one. I've had many 22 pistols over the years that I believed in my heart where the "best", until I got out shot by a different one. I've learned not to judge, until I've I've actually tried it.

Hmmm...I may have to try one. I've had many 22 pistols over the years that I believed in my heart where the "best", until I got out shot by a different one. I've learned not to judge, until I've I've actually tried it.
Yeah well Ive been burned enough by KelTec over the years to not buy anything they sell. Also I'd love for someone to put up their best 25 yard target.

I'm sure its a fine tackle box gun.

My favorite response on this painful to watch video is "Keltec has been trying to go out of business for years".

Last Edited:
My first attempt at 50 yards with my Buckmark Hunter using a rest. I shot the first 5 that ended up low right then adjusted the rear sight a click or two left and shot the next five that ended up in a nice group. I need to try some more with the sights dialed in. I doubt it would compete with the ''best .22 handgun ever''.

Not sure why i called it a buckmaster. Lol
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG

Hostage target at 25 yards off-hand. The hole on the left was from a p938 at 25.

P1010846.JPG

P1010810.JPG

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR