JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i'm going to try and post this off another site--i'm pretty sure you'll enjoy-
steven

http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/FW/docs/Newsletter/April2010.pdf

WOW !

"The transportation and release of live fish into a different water body from where they were caught is a Class C felony
if committed intentionally or knowingly. A Class C felony is punishable by a maximum penalty of five years in prison
and a $125,000 fine. ODFW may also institute suit for the recovery of damages for the control and eradication of illegally released fish."

Well, considering you can possibly destroy a local population of other fish/aquatic organisms, change the genetics of the local fish, etc., I can understand. It's a private pond, but it was generated by diverting a creek so the fish could escape into the creek.

But this guy essentially stole hatchery fish to stock a pond generated by diverting a creek... Not to mention lying to a police officer. Seems he deserves what he is getting.

Well, considering you can possibly destroy a local population of other fish/aquatic organisms, change the genetics of the local fish, etc., I can understand. It's a private pond, but it was generated by diverting a creek so the fish could escape into the creek

That's not always true.

A lot of private ponds are spring fed, or are a low lying area where water naturally collects, or a combination of the two.

**** guy's your all right--the guy just pulled a couple rabbit's out of his hat is all--the other thing as you read down,is the amount of game taken and wasted !! a bit sad in my book--it doesn't make the leagal hunter look bad,but it sure keeps the possie looken at ya-

There is great fear at OSP and among biologists that these people won't correctly identify species, and will contaminate waters.

Many may recall when Diamond Lake had to have a complete chemical kill of all fish at great cost and then be restocked with trout because some kind of invasive fish had been introduced and they were out-competing the trout for food and resources. The trout were basically gone and the fishery was also ruined.

All it takes is for some dodo to put a wrong species into the wrong place to ruin the natural habitat and/or to run up $millions in costs to restore the habitat.

The last I knew, the hatcheries would sell cheap or give away fish IF you had a permit to stock a pond. I can't say about today.

This guy is a sneaking, lying idiot who knew he was breaking the law with no regard for the rest of us. He deserves what he gets.

$.02

In Central Oregon, especially in the high lakes, entire native trophy trout lakes have been absolutely decimated because some toothless jackass decided he'd rather have non-native bass in the lakes to fish for. Crane Prairie trout were so big and unique, they were almost a separate sub-species. Davis Lake was an excellent trout fishery as well. Now they are bass ponds. What a waste.
I understand people wanting to fish for certain non-native species, but do they have to RUIN great fisheries for everyone else? So I have very little issue when they hammer idiots for screwing with fisheries, regardless of their intentions. And lying to a LEO makes it worse. This guy gets no sympathy from me...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top