JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i'm going to try and post this off another site--i'm pretty sure you'll enjoy-
steven

http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/FW/docs/Newsletter/April2010.pdf

WOW !

"The transportation and release of live fish into a different water body from where they were caught is a Class C felony
if committed intentionally or knowingly. A Class C felony is punishable by a maximum penalty of five years in prison
and a $125,000 fine. ODFW may also institute suit for the recovery of damages for the control and eradication of illegally released fish."

Well, considering you can possibly destroy a local population of other fish/aquatic organisms, change the genetics of the local fish, etc., I can understand. It's a private pond, but it was generated by diverting a creek so the fish could escape into the creek.

But this guy essentially stole hatchery fish to stock a pond generated by diverting a creek... Not to mention lying to a police officer. Seems he deserves what he is getting.

Well, considering you can possibly destroy a local population of other fish/aquatic organisms, change the genetics of the local fish, etc., I can understand. It's a private pond, but it was generated by diverting a creek so the fish could escape into the creek

That's not always true.

A lot of private ponds are spring fed, or are a low lying area where water naturally collects, or a combination of the two.

**** guy's your all right--the guy just pulled a couple rabbit's out of his hat is all--the other thing as you read down,is the amount of game taken and wasted !! a bit sad in my book--it doesn't make the leagal hunter look bad,but it sure keeps the possie looken at ya-

There is great fear at OSP and among biologists that these people won't correctly identify species, and will contaminate waters.

Many may recall when Diamond Lake had to have a complete chemical kill of all fish at great cost and then be restocked with trout because some kind of invasive fish had been introduced and they were out-competing the trout for food and resources. The trout were basically gone and the fishery was also ruined.

All it takes is for some dodo to put a wrong species into the wrong place to ruin the natural habitat and/or to run up $millions in costs to restore the habitat.

The last I knew, the hatcheries would sell cheap or give away fish IF you had a permit to stock a pond. I can't say about today.

This guy is a sneaking, lying idiot who knew he was breaking the law with no regard for the rest of us. He deserves what he gets.

$.02

In Central Oregon, especially in the high lakes, entire native trophy trout lakes have been absolutely decimated because some toothless jackass decided he'd rather have non-native bass in the lakes to fish for. Crane Prairie trout were so big and unique, they were almost a separate sub-species. Davis Lake was an excellent trout fishery as well. Now they are bass ponds. What a waste.
I understand people wanting to fish for certain non-native species, but do they have to RUIN great fisheries for everyone else? So I have very little issue when they hammer idiots for screwing with fisheries, regardless of their intentions. And lying to a LEO makes it worse. This guy gets no sympathy from me...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top