JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of people said that in 1775

Maybe, but with the exception of the civil war, can you cite any instance of a secession of a state from the USA or county from a state, in the least 200 years???

Can you cite a successful secession?

The civil war doesn't count as the secession was not successful.

What people say doesn't count, results count when it comes to arguing about whether there are any results. The rest is just talk.

Maybe, but with the exception of the civil war, can you cite any instance of a secession of a state from the USA or county from a state, in the least 200 years???

Can you cite a successful secession?

The civil war doesn't count as the secession was not successful.

What people say doesn't count, results count when it comes to arguing about whether there are any results. The rest is just talk.

Not the USA but many other nations have broken up. You see the USA here in 2013 is a radically altered nation and multi cult empires always collapse in a bloodbath and this one will, as well

Not the USA but many other nations have broken up. You see the USA here in 2013 is a radically altered nation and multi cult empires always collapse in a bloodbath and this one will, as well

That predicts it very well. It is in countdown stage if something cannot be done to peaceably return the country to the republic it was designed to be in the very near future.

The problem in Josephine County is the Commissioners not the sheriff. The sheriff is a good guy doing the best he can. Every time we vote for a new tax levy for the sheriff’s dept. and jail, the County Commissioners steal the money from the budget to pay for perks and increases for themselves and all their buddies who work in our bloated county government. This has been going on for the thirty years I’ve been here. Even when the sheriff has ample funding, there is no sheriff service out in the county to speak of. What good does it do to call 911 if they never respond or when they do, it’s the next day? The people who live out in the county finely got tired of being blackmailed and paying for a service they have never had and will never get.

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

That is debatable, there is an axiom that all political power comes from the barrel of a gun.

Mao Zedong: "Every Communist must grasp the truth: Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

And to a certain degree, that is true, however, we do not resort to guns first, but as a last resort. We petition government and vote first, not try to violently overthrow the government (the advocation of the latter will get you visited by a gov. LEO pretty quickly).

Actually,we did not resort to the gun to secure freedom until the King decided to use the gun(military) to quell the cilviain desires for fairness and self governance as a british colony. But the end result was our freedom did have to come from the gun.
It is funny that your last comment is one of the same reasons the crown used to send troops to round up stores or arms and powder to try and stop the ability of the people to fight the crown,

No - I don't see that.

The USA is a considerably different cultural, socio-economic and political environment from those countries that have had recent secessions (most of them either former Soviet satellite states, African states, or other third world countries where there is often a lot of turmoil).

I don't believe this is a valid comparison - but it is obvious to me that we disagree on this subject so I think it is fruitless to debate it further.

No - I don't see that.

The USA is a considerably different cultural, socio-economic and political environment from those countries that have had recent secessions (most of them either former Soviet satellite states, African states, or other third world countries where there is often a lot of turmoil).

I don't believe this is a valid comparison - but it is obvious to me that we disagree on this subject so I think it is fruitless to debate it further.

When this economy collapses at the hand of this admin we wont be far off......... no nation survives this degree of debt.

The hardships of an armed uprising today would be exponentially more damaging than it was 240 years ago. In the 1700's, nearly all food was grown within miles of where it was eaten. People knew how to live fairly healthy lives with minimal infrastructure. Their homes were designed to function without modern infrastructure. Today... society would fall.

If even a tiny portion of the population wanted to make a fight for it, we'd be knocked back to one step above the stone age pretty quick. Starvation and disease would be rampant as our modern industrialized food distribution system broke down. Previously effective homes would suddenly become death traps as people froze to death or died of heat stroke. A few angry and educated idiots could, and probably would shut down water distribution in major cities. Think how many would die in the upheaval of our massive southwest dessert cities when the water was turned off. A few dozen fanatics with minimal funding and training could shut down a major part of fuel and power distribution in this region. Without power and fuel, people don't get to work, and they start going hungry. They don't have backyard gardens and local farms on the scale that previous centuries had to rely on.

Even if you have your survivalists dream farm in a rural location, you'll be inundated with scared starving refugees from the burning cities. Most have little qualms shooting at some refugee hoodlum from Mad Max. A lot of us would have trouble fending off the obviously starving mothers with crying children. Or the desperate father begging you to save his starving child.

I'm not saying those issues weren't very real even 240 years ago. I'm saying they'd be exponentially worse now. If it comes down to it, I'll fight for my family and loved ones. But there are huge opportunities for reform that don't involve making millions of our countrymen starve to death and lose their homes. If you're willing to go far enough to fight for your freedoms, think long and hard on the options that come before fighting and don't knock us back to industrial and economic equivalents of Somalia or Syria.

The hardships of an armed uprising today would be exponentially more damaging than it was 240 years ago. In the 1700's, nearly all food was grown within miles of where it was eaten. People knew how to live fairly healthy lives with minimal infrastructure. Their homes were designed to function without modern infrastructure. Today... society would fall.

If even a tiny portion of the population wanted to make a fight for it, we'd be knocked back to one step above the stone age pretty quick. Starvation and disease would be rampant as our modern industrialized food distribution system broke down. Previously effective homes would suddenly become death traps as people froze to death or died of heat stroke. A few angry and educated idiots could, and probably would shut down water distribution in major cities. Think how many would die in the upheaval of our massive southwest dessert cities when the water was turned off. A few dozen fanatics with minimal funding and training could shut down a major part of fuel and power distribution in this region. Without power and fuel, people don't get to work, and they start going hungry. They don't have backyard gardens and local farms on the scale that previous centuries had to rely on.

Even if you have your survivalists dream farm in a rural location, you'll be inundated with scared starving refugees from the burning cities. Most have little qualms shooting at some refugee hoodlum from Mad Max. A lot of us would have trouble fending off the obviously starving mothers with crying children. Or the desperate father begging you to save his starving child.

I'm not saying those issues weren't very real even 240 years ago. I'm saying they'd be exponentially worse now. If it comes down to it, I'll fight for my family and loved ones. But there are huge opportunities for reform that don't involve making millions of our countrymen starve to death and lose their homes. If you're willing to go far enough to fight for your freedoms, think long and hard on the options that come before fighting and don't knock us back to industrial and economic equivalents of Somalia or Syria.

Fighting will start by them coming to remove people's liberties. I don't think anyone will just kick it off for fun :-/
People have to stand their ground if they attempt to disarm the people. That is the only thing that will begin a war.
Or force infringements on the 2nd amendment. If government is foolish enough to do that it will be on their heads not ours.
The other scenarios are natural disasters of one form or another of an attack on our nation.
Civil war is for only one cause. Holding the Full Constitution intact.
I agree with you on most of what you said, but doubt it will be wise to sit on a piece of ground and defend it.
A gypsy scenario will be more easily defended and ability to move and survive while doing so.
Will it put the country back to pioneer days. Yes it definitely would.

Personally I don't see it being anything like has been seen before because it's as much of a cultural war as political and lines can't really be drawn in the sand like most conflicts of the past....in my mind it will be closest to resembling Northern Ireland and it will be pretty much anonymous destruction....then run and hide, kidnappings, killing key people in their sleep. Living a "conformist" life during the day. No way is it a level playing field against the government like it was when everyone had a 69 cal musket and a cannon just like their opponents, the mind set is the same but one would be foolish to line out and take on the throne straight up......just my guess at it because at the end of the day it's all speculation so I remain flexible and open minded

Personally I don’t see it being anything like has been seen before because it’s as much of a cultural war as political and lines can’t really be drawn in the sand like most conflicts of the past….in my mind it will be closest to resembling Northern Ireland and it will be pretty much anonymous destruction….then run and hide, kidnappings, killing key people in their sleep. Living a “conformist” life during the day. No way is it a level playing field against the government like it was when everyone had a 69 cal musket and a cannon just like their opponents, the mind set is the same but one would be foolish to line out and take on the throne straight up……just my guess at it because at the end of the day it’s all speculation so I remain flexible and open minded

I think everyone can agree it will not be a pleasant time for anyone at any level. It will make all gorillia wars look like kindergarten recess.
Unless the military sides with the Constitution, Honor and the people.

No - I don't see that.

Far from fruitless

Please do the following first and get back to us

Live in Miami FL for one year

Live in Detroit for one year

Live in WA, DC for one year

Live in South Central LA, Cali for one year

Live in Atlanta, GA for one year

If you survive we truly desire your intel report

Yes, lets just give up and submit to eternal slavery

I think everyone can agree it will not be a pleasant time for anyone at any level. It will make all gorillia wars look like kindergarten recess.
Unless the military sides with the Constitution, Honor and the people.
no doubt, as far as the military it will be torn for sure. Some say they are rooting out the people that would be constitutional

I'll fight for my family and loved ones. But there are huge opportunities for reform that don't involve making millions of our countrymen starve to death and lose their homes. If you're willing to go far enough to fight for your freedoms, think long and hard on the options that come before fighting....

Anyone want to expound on "opportunities for reform"?
Good point to think on options before SHTF. And prepare for after. Any real progress comes from a balanced effort.

Anyone want to expound on "opportunities for reform"?
Good point to think on options before SHTF. And prepare for after. Any real progress comes from a balanced effort.

Impeach Obama, Indite Obama and Holder for their crimes,
latest of which He's enabling Iran to potentially kill millions with nuclear weapons that he will disperse to terrorists along with his posturing to cause a civil war in this country.

...........and return this country to a true representative government for real based on the US Constitution and it was formed and intended to remain.
Anything less does not cut it.

I am all for a clean-out of pols. That would be a start, but I am in favor of using a very wide broom.
Dems and Reps are like the Yankees and Red Sox. While it appears as a 1 or the other, in or out type deal, the Yanks are the best thing for the Sox and vice versa.
New ideas, new life. Give us true change. Expose the master of the puppets.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top