JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm all for the State of Jefferson, it would proudly be the reddest state in the union. Bring it !

Me too, have been before it became trendy for the last 10 years......I also realize it would not succeed monetarily, as it would probably be the smallest tax base in the nation and California/Oregon government would prevent it at all costs because the natural resource holding cant be lost, timber, water, gold, tourism etc....

It is an awesome idea and if it succeeded in the 40's when it had the most steam it probably would have worked out and lord knows North of Redding and South of Roseburg are all the same type folks for the most part and we have been sick and tired of being influenced by the liberal, backward sheep poll sitters in the population centers that have the numbers to pass laws that do not apply to us and our life style.....it was, is and has been a culture war for a long time and its not getting better. We grow poorer, and more weary of it all everyday.......should have seen the writing on the wall when we got in bed with the feds and dependent on timber receipts and had a plan B.
Its going to get a lot worse as people around here begin to literally have nothing left to lose

I'm all for the State of Jefferson, it would proudly be the reddest state in the union. Bring it !

How can that happen when you have county commissioners that are libtards?

rufus said:
The Board of County Commissioners are your typical county government mess. All three of them. Three! Useless, Clueless, and Worthless. Cherryl Walker is a lib, the other two I don't know or care. They couldn't govern their way out of a wet paper sack.

What this country needs is a good cleansing.

How can that happen when you have county commissioners that are libtards?

I would not sleep if I were ANY politician in JoCo , because let’s face it, there is very little difference these days in a Republican and a Democrat when it comes to a politician, they are all dirty and the same behind closed doors

You guys reminded me of an article I read earlier this week in the San Jose Mercury. I still find myself reading the news down there even though I have been gone for 18 or so months.

Tech investor Tim Draper launches 'Six Californias' ballot measure to divide the Golden State - San Jose Mercury News

Someone in another thread mentioned he wasn't sure what could be done about California at this point, as the state is completely in ruins.

I agree...

This would be a good start though. Take notice of the northern part of the state Draper is proposing.

Jefferson...

A lot of people don't understand the politics of the state. You essentially have a mass of liberals living in coastal areas, making the rules for the entire state. I always like to show people the California concealed carry map, it's a pretty good visualization of the politics of the state. Some of the counties on this map that are yellow, should be green. Sacto for example is shall issue as of today for example.

<broken link removed>

The giant bureaucracy that is the state government would NEVER allow this, I think it would be great for the average Californian though.

Sorry about the slight thread jack.

Wasn't it timber money that supported these services? And now that the tree huggers, The State, and Federal Gov won't allow cutting timber that this economical nightmare has popped up?

Yes, but this is not new, this has been going on for years.

What changing recently is that the funding has been cut back even more, and the distribution has changed; IIRC from articles I read this last year, funds that came from more populous and wealthy counties due to federal forest harvest, went to the poorer counties to get a more even distribution - this changed recently, but the counties can't say they didn't see it coming.

Heretic
It may never happen but I don't think it is a waste of time.
My guess is that King George's advisors thought the same way you do . . .

Sheldon

PERS is funded first.

Who hasn't wished to have had a PERS retirement?
Where no-matter-what crisis (roads, bridges, Law Enforcement, Fire Services, healthcare, libraries, etc) is in the limelight, budgets must fund PERS first.
Where cost-of-living adjustments are calculated yearly.
Where beneficiaries of PERS sit on both sides of PERS funding negotiations.

My friend Randy reminds me that he (sob) can't draw from Social Security.
But,
his Clackamas County Sewage Treatment PERS Pension earns him $5k per month.

PERS is funded first.

Where no-matter-what crisis (roads, bridges, Law Enforcement, Fire Services, healthcare, libraries, etc) is in the limelight, budgets must fund PERS first.

But,

5K........ damn, I worked at the wrong job ......

Heretic
It may never happen but I don't think it is a waste of time.
My guess is that King George's advisors thought the same way you do . . .

Sheldon

There is a big difference between current day USA and the colonies 240 years ago.

Secession is something, that from my understand, requires a vote of approval in Congress. A region of the state can't just decide to secede, vote yes for it, and then secede. Can you really imagine the state legislature voting yes on any secession??

I can't. I can't even see most people in the county voting for it I would bet that you would be hard put to find more than a few hundred people in the county that would vote for such a move, and their vote is irrelevant because it needs statewide approval.

Therefore it is truly a waste of time, effort and not realistic at all - it is actually harmful because it detracts from more constructive solutions and hurts the credibility the advocates of secession. You need to win the hearts and minds of the people before a "revolution". The Founding Fathers understood that.

PERS is funded first.

But,

I am betting that he worked decades at a job that paid less than the going rate in the private sector.

I have several members of my family that draw on PERs and at least one of them has for years made a good 30% less working in the public sector than he would make doing the same job in the private sector. Indeed, he notes that a lot of the people he worked with quit working for the state and hired back as private consultants making considerably more - they felt that giving up all or part of their state pension was worth the extra income.

Personally I feel the same way - when I am unemployed, I have often been told by several members of my family to try for state jobs, but almost everyone pays considerably less than what I make in the private sector.

Correct if I am wrong. But did not our power of vote come from the barrel of a gun?

That is debatable, there is an axiom that all political power comes from the barrel of a gun.

Mao Zedong: "Every Communist must grasp the truth: Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

And to a certain degree, that is true, however, we do not resort to guns first, but as a last resort. We petition government and vote first, not try to violently overthrow the government (the advocation of the latter will get you visited by a gov. LEO pretty quickly).

I am betting that he worked decades at a job that paid less than the going rate in the private sector.

I have several members of my family that draw on PERs and at least one of them has for years made a good 30% less working in the public sector than he would make doing the same job in the private sector. Indeed, he notes that a lot of the people he worked with quit working for the state and hired back as private consultants making considerably more - they felt that giving up all or part of their state pension was worth the extra income.

Personally I feel the same way - when I am unemployed, I have often been told by several members of my family to try for state jobs, but almost everyone pays considerably less than what I make in the private sector.

wow, very few people have the insight to realize that.....impressed

The problem in Josephine County is the Commissioners not the sheriff. The sheriff is a good guy doing the best he can. Every time we vote for a new tax levy for the sheriff's dept. and jail, the County Commissioners steal the money from the budget to pay for perks and increases for themselves and all their buddies who work in our bloated county government. This has been going on for the thirty years I've been here. Even when the sheriff has ample funding, there is no sheriff service out in the county to speak of. What good does it do to call 911 if they never respond or when they do, it's the next day? The people who live out in the county finely got tired of being blackmailed and paying for a service they have never had and will never get.

Agreed, most small towns are run by the citizens and do not need all the bells and whistles (fancy swat teams and swastika police state). We actually want to be left alone by the state & federal government. We take care of our own...

Few people know that there were a LOT less German police per capita in the 1930s than there are in the USA today. We truly live in a police state

I would not sleep if I were ANY politician in JoCo , because let's face it, there is very little difference these days in a Republican and a Democrat when it comes to a politician, they are all dirty and the same behind closed doors

Tarring and feathering was disfiguring and often ended in death. The colonists were very angry and serious after a long train of abuses that pale in comparison to what we have endured in recent times

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top