JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Jill, this is just a note from a former member from the time of that horrible............. Well, fellow, that previously owned the club. It is such a pleasure to see an person of your obvious quality running the club! I am sure that its a joy to be a member now. Just wanted to compliment you and wish you the very best luck in the future! Yours, SGT

I really appreciate that! My uncle, mom's brother, ran the club and my father was a silent partner for the most part. I never stepped foot in the club until we owned all of it. I never got along with my uncle, but i'm sure you can tell why. We have such a different view of how to run a business. I really want it to be about a club with happy members and the pride that I get from that makes it all worth it! I really value the members and their suggestions and opinions because they are the ones that use it. They know what works and what doesn't in making the club better. Lot's of people think I am crazy to involve them so much, but they are invaluable to me.

Jill

I like everything about the club except for the 50 ft. rule. For snubbys and pocket pistols, it sure would be nice to have a 25 ft. target option. How about just a couple of the center lanes having a closer target option?

Went for orientation this morning, and was a member before noon. Went to my car, grabbed my range bag, and put several hundred rounds of .22 and 9mm down range.

It was a fun place to shoot. I look forward t being a member for many years to come. It will be a good place for my wife to start shooting more, and I can see myself spending many hours there having a great time.

Nice job JCGC!

Just rejoined this month, it's so conveinient! No more driving to the hills for me. As many have said before, the 50 foot rule isn't for me, I shoot compacts for SD and would like to shoot at shorter distances

the ventilation problem i find is every other time i show up people are shooting and the fans on both ends of the shooting line are not turned on.

I dont know if people set the timers for 20 minutes and stay longer or never look when entering because they think sense others are there they must be on, i dont know.

I walk in that's the first thing i do is turn the fan timers on, on both ends of the shooting line. Well not only on but to max time.

the ventilation problem i find is every other time i show up people are shooting and the fans on both ends of the shooting line are not turned on.

I dont know if people set the timers for 20 minutes and stay longer or never look when entering because they think sense others are there they must be on, i dont know.

I walk in that's the first thing i do is turn the fan timers on, on both ends of the shooting line. Well not only on but to max time.

I find the same thing and do the same as you. I don't know how people can stand not turning the ventilation on.

I am interested in joining a gun club and/or shooting range so I looked at the application for Johnson Creek. Do they really expect you to provide all of the information requested on the membership application?!

I can understand wanting to screen applicants but that form is too invasive. For example, I'm personally not at all interested in giving out my employers information or that of "3 adult persons" and particularly not after having already provided my CHL information...
:confused:
Same application? Willing to work with people? Would CHL w/ class cover this? Maybe a "cover letter" of sorts about growing up around firearms and with firearms safety history and about why I'd like to join? I live in WA but work in Oregon so JCGC would be very convenient for me.

I dont personally see an issue with the application. If you want a place to shoot that is convenient and relatively comfortable...youll fill out whatever you have to to do so. I just renewed. Memeberships have been maxed for awhile. Most newcomers are placed on a waiting list. Good luck and happy shooting.

Same application? Willing to work with people? Would CHL w/ class cover this? Maybe a "cover letter" of sorts about growing up around firearms and with firearms safety history and about why I'd like to join? I live in WA but work in Oregon so JCGC would be very convenient for me.

Hey Everyone,

The applications have been redone, so this must be from an old post. You need to go to the new Johnson Creek Gun Club Website as that is the only application that we are requiring. There was a lot more info required on the old applications. I assure you, we only ask what we need to run the club properly. I always appreciate your comments though.

Jill

Updated feedback, more than a year after my last post in this thread:

I went to Threat Dynamics today for some private instruction on their live fire range. Shooting at 5, 7, and 10 yards caused me to come away with mixed feelings about the JCGC 50 foot rule, and to a lesser extent, the 1/sec rule. To be clear, I understand WHY those rules are in effect. I'm speaking specifically about how they effect the ability of members to develop defensive skills.

When I shoot at JCGC, I have to use workarounds to develop speed. I've found ways to do that without shattering the 1/sec rule (I use a timer to hover between .90 and 1.1), but it took a lot of problem solving to sort out how to develop key skills while observing club rules.

So... Today, I shot inside 50 feet and faster than .90 splits for the first time since July. It was eeeeaaaaassssyyyyyy. The targets looked enormous. I can safely say that I have been able to progress at practical shooting at JCGC, but I wish I didn't have to go elsewhere to see that.

I plan on remaining a member at JCGC, but may also have to join another location to get to the next level.

Btw Jill- nice upgrade with the motion activated timers on the HVAC!
What's that remaining knob on the left then? Maybe it and all the knobs and switches inside the shooting area proper should be labeled? I twist that one on as I thought there was some change and only it (it's in the same place as the old knob) activated the filtration system.
Also, as to "invasive" application requirements, I joined like a year or so ago and it's not invasive at all.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top