JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's it! It's a conspiracy!

I think you'd be wrong, do you ever speak directly to any of our esteemed club management? Or do you just throw conjecture out there to get people going?

I havent talked to management about this. I couldnt care any less as to what happens to the brass that no one wants to keep/no one wants to ask for before it gets dumped.

I have, however, watched an emplyee sift through brass that was collected for an extended amount of time? And throw quite a few pieces in a separate pile...I dont know about you but I make damn sure there are no live rounds in what I sweep up. I would assume most of us do the same. For something that was done daily I thought there would have been an easier way to go about this. Hence my suspicion. But like I said...I really dont care where it goes. Perhaps he was checking for live ammunition? That makes sense. I'm no PI and dont play spy. But if you really want to know why I said that...I have satisfied you.

I did not mean to be accusatory. I just thought they didnt scrap it. Made sense to me. No one wants it. If they take it home, sort and bag it...post it for sale? Do I care? I think not. Its theirs. Have a good day.

You are right about one thing, it is ours and we decided to put the proceeds back into the club. As for the rest...We do have to go through the brass for live rounds. The recycler won't take it if they find live rounds and they do end up in there. I did what I thought what was best for the club with the brass and if people don't believe that we recycle it, there is nothing I can do. I will just let our reputation speak for itself.

Jill

Jill- My apologies. I did not read your initial post about what it is you folks do with the brass. My reply was meant only to the gentlemens post after yours. Given the context of it it certainly seemed like it was directed to you. Again, not my intent. Apologies to MileJ as well...I now understand his response. I consider JCGC my favorite range just out of plain simplicity and convenience.

I've got no problems. :s0155:

I love the place. Jill and john and Tom, and the others put a lot of work into the club IMO. They have given us regular folks a place to shoot that we can afford!

Mike

Anyone been shooting lately? Is it business as usual over at the range?

Effective today, the odd-numbered lanes are closed for shooting. This is to comply with Governor Brown's Executive Order 20-07, emphasizing social distances of three feet. However, the hours of operation remain unchanged, pending further adjustments deemed necessary to curtail viral transmission. Club members' patience is greatly appreciated by management, as is this opportunity to answer your question. Thank you for asking.

Effective today, the odd-numbered lanes are closed for shooting. This is to comply with Governor Brown's Executive Order 20-07, emphasizing social distances of three feet. However, the hours of operation remain unchanged, pending further adjustments deemed necessary to curtail viral transmission. Club members' patience is greatly appreciated by management, as is this opportunity to answer your question. Thank you for asking.

Thanks for that! I didn't know any one in management monitored the board. :s0155:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top