JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have never heard of the one shot per second rule either and I have been a member for over 15 years.

Also, Bolus, I think there is a rule against shooting magnums on the range. What is the definition of Magnum? 10mm ought to meet the definition.

Pretty sure the list of rules on the handout I was given on orientation said no rapid firing. I'll need to double check. Sorry if I got it wrong.

There is a rule again magnum rounds. not sure if the 10mm counts though

Hey everyone,

We were contemplating a change from the screens. However, when we went to the big yearly 3 day seminar in Reno, they said that any type of plastic won't work well. I guess the casings get hot and hit it and damage it very quickly. It would also be a problem for our cameras to tape through. If anyone knows of anything better, I am open to suggestions. I really value the members' input because I don't shoot. I also want it to be more of a club of the members instead of just a shooting range. By the way, the air conditioning units, all 3 of them are installed. They aren't hooked to the main systems yet, but they are installed. I know, kinda hard to be excited when it is so cold outside, but just wait until summer!

Jill

Savage uses lexan in their booths. Though I suspect anything from them is quite expensive
Savage Range Systems

allclearshootingbooth.jpg

I will do some research on that, but I don't have booths really, if you know what I mean.

Also, 10mm is allowed in the club. According to Scott Edwards, our rangemaster and teacher of classes, they are fine. Just a side note, he is going to Utah in February to get his Utah license and can therefore teach the Utah class which gives you over 30 states. Oregon only gives you three.

The 1 second rule is for safety. As far as others in the club and following the rules, my best advice is that if you don't feel comfortable talking to them, to leave a message at 503-771-5139. All we need to know is the time and date and we can check the cameras and take care of it from there.

I guess that is all for now....I hope I covered all your needs or questions.

Jill

Hey Everyone,

Just a couple of things....

The air system is going well and we are counting the days until it is finished.

We are getting an estimate to finish the parking lot. The weather isn't the best to do it at this moment, but it will get done. Some people are suggesting having painted lines for parking spaces, but i'm not sure how that would work. It never hurts to check though.

Now the membership news. After a LOT of going back and forth, we finally decided to raise the dues by 10.00 a year. This will start on January 1st, 2013. This will make it 160.00 a year. We also are going to raise the initation fee. This will be raised to $50.00 instead of $30.00. Therefore the new members will pay $210 instead of $180. We feel this is fair for the old and new members. The new members will pay more that the old ones. Just the first year though as the initiation fee is a one time fee when you join the club. I do want to make it clear though...the people on the waiting list will pay the old fees if their paperwork to be on the waiting list is received by us before January 1st, 2013. I feel that it isn't their fault we don't have room for them right now, so, to me this is fair. I know other clubs charge more and ranges fees besides, but I like the club the way it is and I hope you do too.

Any comments or suggestions, you know where to find me...
Jill

Hi Jill,

Do you have any plans to put in shorter lanes? (it would be nice to shoot at less that 50 ft with my 38 snubby). Barring that, what are the policies about bringing the targets closer during the rare times when there is nobody else on the range?

Hi Jill,

Do you have any plans to put in shorter lanes? (it would be nice to shoot at less that 50 ft with my 38 snubby). Barring that, what are the policies about bringing the targets closer during the rare times when there is nobody else on the range?

from what I remember on my recent orientation, because the building is 50+ years old, only the walls and ceiling down near the targets are armored. So if the targets are closer there is increased risk of firing at an odd angle that would cause the round to hit an unprotected part of the ceiling or walls.

Then the air ventilation is set up so that if no one was there and you walked half way down closer to the target, the air vent system would be blowing the smoke back in your face instead of a way from you.

So for now it its 50 ft only.

Hey everyone...

Just a quick announcement. We are getting ready to redo the website. It needs it so bad. We are going to use wordpress and see what we can come up with. Anyway, I am looking for any suggestions you may have. I guess I need to know what you think we need for the website. We have the basics, but are there any other ideas as to what might be needed? What would you want to see on it? A link to Northwest Firearms is a must! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Jill

Hey everyone...

Just a quick announcement. We are getting ready to redo the website. It needs it so bad. We are going to use wordpress and see what we can come up with. Anyway, I am looking for any suggestions you may have. I guess I need to know what you think we need for the website. We have the basics, but are there any other ideas as to what might be needed? What would you want to see on it? A link to Northwest Firearms is a must! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Jill
My suggestions:
1. As mentioned, a link to NWFA.
2. The rules - all of them so it is easy to refresh BEFORE going and/or to share with any guest.
3. The waiver would be great so any guest can fill it out before we get there.
4. Any news of things like the upgrades, etc.

So far, that's it for me but I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Great suggestions so far! NWFA link is the first thing. :rolleyes: The rules will be complete on the new site for sure. I will also put a waiver form for people to fill out in advance. That is a great idea. I am also trying to see if I can put the waiting list form up in a way that they can fill it out and push submit or something and it comes right to me. This would be a lot easier. I don't think I can put a donate link because I am not a nonprofit. I really like having the members to consult about the direction for the website for the club. I want to be more than a shooting range, I want to be a club with members that have input.

Thanks for the help!
Jill

Didn't I tell you I have the best members? They are so friendly :D

About the pictures, I want to change those as well. I didn't take those pictures. Those pictures were from before I took the club over. Most of you know that the club is pretty different now, so I will be changing them all. I think I need more of the inside, so people can see what is in there.

Also, in case you weren't aware, the new air system is finished and this is how it now works...most of you know about the 3 timers on the range by the 1st lanes. Well, the system now has one of them going all of the time automatically. There are 3 systems and they rotate in 8 hour shifts to equal a 24 hour day, so there is always one of the systems running. When you are at the club and want more filtration, just turn on another timer (system) and another system will run for an hour, just like before. If you turn the knob of the one that is already running, it just keeps going after the hour is up. Basically, the only difference is one is always running. This will also help for the people who forget the timers, or forget to reset after an hour. Also, it is a temperature control with air conditioning and a humidity control. Can't wait to feel the cool air in the heat of summer!

Jill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top