JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For guys on the east side I cant imagine there being better. Having unlimited access to a facility like that in your neighborhood must be great for the price. The one thing that would really make it cool would be 24 hour access. It would sure be nice to be able to get some midnight alone time at the range once in awhile.

Hey Guys,

Just a little clarification on this issue...

We are trying to be the best neighbors we can. It is hard since we are right in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Therefore, we decided to make the hours from 8 to 8 everyday. We are really fortunate since we have the best members and awesome neighbors. It really makes life a lot easier for everyone!

Jill

The web site says that the range is 50' and all targets must be fuly extended to the backstop. So does that mean that 50' is the only range that is available to shoot?

I was hoping to find some place where I could shoot at various ranges up to 50'. In other places, the target is on a track and you can choose how far away to put it. Not the case here?

The web site says that the range is 50' and all targets must be fuly extended to the backstop. So does that mean that 50' is the only range that is available to shoot?

I was hoping to find some place where I could shoot at various ranges up to 50'. In other places, the target is on a track and you can choose how far away to put it. Not the case here?

Your target has to be at 50' to shoot at all times. I'm with you. I would like to be able to move it closer at times as well.

I believe the rule has always been the 50ft line (it's a safety issue). It just wan't enforced much by prior owners.
The only time you can get around it now is if you are the only one there (odds are slim).

I don't think you can even do it then. There are cameras all over the interior of that building and with the electronic door system and sign-in they could figure out who is violating the rules pretty easy.

Yup, 50 feet only. Been a member for a few months and shoot 1-4 times a week. Most who shoot here are friendly or mind their own business. Got to run into a few people who let try out their suppressor for my 22/45 Lite. For the price, you cant beat it. Sure, you can find better...but price usually comes with that.

You can bring your own ammo.
Friendly shooters.
Its 5minutes drive from my place.
2 guest limit.
Reasonable selection of targets and all at a decent price. Except for stickers.

It does get a little "lead'y" in the air when its full and people are having a lot fun with .22s. I agree in that having the targets closer than 50' would be great. But it gives me a chance to hone in on some pistol skills to be able place shots in a 2 inch bull at 50'. If you want something that allows you to shoot your larger than .22 rifle, shotgun or magnum cartridge...go to the woods. Or english pit.

Location, price, friendly people are what makes it for me.

Oh by the way, make sure you turn on the air filtration/exhaust fans when ur in there. There are 2 dials (1 for eAch half of then range). A lot of times people are shooting for extended periods of time and forget to turn it on. Do everyone a favor and walk over there and turn that dial! Great place to shoot. Love the hours too. 365/8-8? Dont think theres anywhere else with those hours.

Hey everyone,

I have some fantastic news for you! We just wrote the check yesterday for the new air conditioning, humidity control and automatic fans for the air quality control for the club! It may take a little bit before they get started because we need all the permits, but it is in motion. We are so happy that we are able to do this because we have the best members around. We are also looking to keep the club open during construction by people working nights. There may be some days closed along the way, but I am sure you will agree it is for a good cause. Believe me, there will be plenty of notice and it will be kept to a minimum. I am really excited about this as I am sure you are too. We really do listen to your comments and suggestions, however, we are limited in what we can do because of the money available. We do have more projects coming up, but this one have to do for awhile. :rolleyes:

Jill

Yes! Absolutely. That is awesome news Jill. Thank you for the update. You folks have a solid place going. I can see myself being a lifetime member. Do you guys have a newsletter set up? I know the site is a little updated.

Good news on the AC! It's a great place to shoot. The membership fee is very resonable, it's 5 min from my house and I can shoot my own ammo. I don't think any other indoor range in the city has that.

I'm so glad you are all so happy. I wish I could show you all the designs as it is incredible. I still don't think after all the time in the meeting I understand all it does. It is because of all the members we have the money to do this, so thanks to you too. As far as the newsletter goes, I guess we just didn't see the need for one. I put most of the news on here and then it just seems to spread. We don't do a lot with the website because we are full and we just want to put the necessities on for people who want to join. We don't spend anything on advertising since we are full and every bit helps. It will be interesting to see all the new suggestions the members have, now that this is now off the list. I want you all know that we put the membership cap on to make sure every member can use the range and that even though we are full with a fair size waiting list, we are still going to make the club better than ever! The newer members don't notice the changes we made over the last 2 years, so all our (we call) diehard members, be sure to spread the word.

Thanks,
Jill

Yay, we're off the waiting list. My wife and I got signed up last week. Is there any other ways to help out the club besides paying dues? We thought it would be fun to help out if the club needed volunteers for a project. Or is there any equipment that needs replacing perhaps I had something laying around that I could donate.

I have lived a few miles away for over 20 years, and have called them a few times over that period to inquire about the range. I never was able to reach anyone. Glad to see they have a website now. The yearly fees seem reasonable.

I think I'm with emanon on this one however. The membership form looks like a job application, and I don't feel comfortable being required to join a political organization (NRA) just to shoot my gun at some paper targets. Doesn't look like they allow larger rifles, shotguns or magnum loads in handguns either. I will keep looking for something else.

how do yoy expect to keep being able to shoot at paper targets :confused:

pdxjazz said:
I have lived a few miles away for over 20 years, and have called them a few times over that period to inquire about the range. I never was able to reach anyone. Glad to see they have a website now. The yearly fees seem reasonable.

I think I'm with emanon on this one however. The membership form looks like a job application, and I don't feel comfortable being required to join a political organization (NRA) just to shoot my gun at some paper targets. Doesn't look like they allow larger rifles, shotguns or magnum loads in handguns either. I will keep looking for something else.
how do yoy expect to keep being able to shoot at paper targets :confused:
FYI - that post was 4 years ago and NRA Membership is not a requirement now. I, myself am a member of both the NRA and JCGC.

Another suggestion: Sheets of plexi or stiff plastic between lanes instead of screen? When someone is shooting a 10mm in the lane to my left I feel like I'm getting punched in the face by a fist made out of hot lead vapor.

being pretty new to shooting, What's the proper etiquette on reminding someone of the rules? Last Saturday someone was going a bit faster the 1 shot per second rule. probable entire mags ever 3 seconds, then 7-8 mags in a row. I thought someone had brought in a full automatic.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top