JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys,

This is the deal. When you join, or renew, there is a place for the spouse to sign on to the account and sign the waiver. If that has been done, then your spouse can use the card without you and bring 1 guest. Cool huh? After a lot of research on the subject, this really seemed to please the majority of our members. However, if the spouse hasn't signed onto the account, just call us at 503-771-5139 and we will send you a new copy for the spouse to sign onto the account. Easy huh? Anything I can do to help...

Jill

That's great! You should be on a lane approx 2 minutes after you join, so make sure to bring your stuff. A lot of people think that you have to wait after joining to use the range, so they have to go home and get their gear. Hope you enjoy the tour and the club! If you need anything, just let us know...

Jill

I recently joined and think this place rocks (plus it's less than 5 min from my house). My only complaint so far would be that it is a bit cramped behind the firing line. It makes the trek out a little difficult if there are a lot of other people there, especially if there is someone + guest at the lane by the door.

Thanks for the feedback! We realize this and have plans drawn up to make changes to this area. We have lots of plans for the club, but unfortunately, we can't do them all at once. I hope everyone is enjoying the improvements we have done so far! The order of the projects depends on the time it takes, funds available, and benefit to the club.

We appreciate all our members!
Jill

Nice little range; lots of friendly people! I showed Chuck my wifes SR22 and I let the couple that he was instructing use it -- looks like he was interested in getting one as a trainer.

Il tell you what, its a real challenge to shoot an LCP at 50 feet out using the sights, but I managed to get all shots on target with that little guy.

Now a member. It's a nice place! My only complaint is that the shooting area in not air conditioned. It got hot in there, especially with ears and a long sleeved shirt on!

Also, it'd be nice to be able to shoot at distances closer than 50 feet. My eyes aren't that good, and when I was shooting my wife's little Ruger LCP I could barely put a mark on the paper at 50 feet without the laser.

Overall I'm very happy with the place though.

I'm glad to hear that you are happy. Just a little reminder that we are planning to install the air conditioning on the range next spring. We are also looking into modifying the "tables" on the range as well. I have plans done, but I only have so much I can spend on the club at a time. Therefore, I have to prioritize the needs of the members. The biggest need was for the target carriers, parking lot and security. These changes are all finished, but unfortunately took a lot of time and club resources. Now, however, the need seems to be for the air conditioning on the range, so that is my next project unless something comes up. We do listen to the members and are willing to hear any comments or suggestions that they might have.

Thanks,
Jill

Jill:

One suggestion I would have is to be able to pay extra for a key card for your spouse. I can't tell you the number of times I had to go back home for the key card after getting there because we have to leave it somewhere that both of us can get it. Would be much easier to be able to keep it on me. :)

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2

I'm coming up on my third year renewal and think things have only gotten better since I joined. It's a great diverse group of people from students to physicians who shoot there, but all of those differences fade away once you're on the line or talking guns in the area behind the glass. That exists solely because Jill and management do take the time to screen applicants. If that part isn't something you're willing to tolerate, English Pit is more than happy to let you in at $15 a head or whatever they're charging now.

Hey Everyone,

About the extra key cards..this is the story. By the way, I get a lot of input, shall I say, from other clubs that they think I tell you guys too much stuff about how I run the club. I just don't see it that way. As the members, you are a valuable source of information to me and I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Anyway, when I took over the club, the panel that runs the door was old and having problems all the time so we had to replace it. Unfortunately the panel has it's own tiny computer that limits the number of entries. I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Jill

Hey Everyone,

About the extra key cards..this is the story. By the way, I get a lot of input, shall I say, from other clubs that they think I tell you guys too much stuff about how I run the club. I just don't see it that way. As the members, you are a valuable source of information to me and I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Anyway, when I took over the club, the panel that runs the door was old and having problems all the time so we had to replace it. Unfortunately the panel has it's own tiny computer that limits the number of entries. I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Jill

Thanks for the info. Didn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2

I've been a member for about a year.

Pros:
Key card access is fantastic.
Great hours of operation.
The members either keep to themselves, or are friendly. No jerks, so far.
Tables and chairs in the lobby, ping pong table, etc contribute to the 'home' feel.

Cons:
The clips for attaching targets always seem to be mangled
Rickety crank lines for target hangers on some lanes

The upgrade I'd most like to see:
Ability to vary target distance. I love shooting at 50 feet, but I would like to work at 7 yards or so, some time.

All in all, I plan on remaining a member, even as I plan on adding a membership to Tri County. I love the key cards, and indoor range.

The upgrade I'd most like to see:
Ability to vary target distance. I love shooting at 50 feet, but I would like to work at 7 yards or so, some time.

Thisthisthis.

Though I understand why they have that policy. I imagine there is a higher risk of hitting crank lines when shooting close-up.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top