JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jill,
I wish You were closer to where I live. I am planning to Visit TSC up here and hope they are as helpfull and member centered as you seem to be! Your answers and responses in this thread have been open, honest and polite in a difficult situation.

My apologies!!! I meant to say that JCGC is much better than other ranges, not to knock it in any way. Every word I typed I meant as a pat on the back. After reading what I posted earlier, I should have found the name(because I obviously couldn't remember it) and stated Portland Rifle & Pistol Club to avoid this confusion. Kip.

Hey Kip, the only thing in your other post that bothered me was being made to feel like a "feral cat", "scrounge" "tweeker" or any of the other derogatory names people have been throwing around here for someone who hates to see once fired brass go to the scrapper. As someone mentioned above, it seems a shame to send perfectly good handgun brass to be melted down when our brothers with arms can re-use it over and over. A lot of the times I've asked for brass a good conversation about reloading and what it takes to get into has followed. Even when the other person reloads and keeps their brass the discussion goes to pet loads in various guns and such. Good learnin' there!

Jill, I think the place is great! I'm not sure Wifey and I would have joined had we had to join the NRA, and with the old pay structure. From what you say it may have been a real PIA with all the classes being held there too, driving all the way down to have 10-20 people on the lanes in classes, doesn't sound good. I do really like the idea of seeing if there is a way to get the brass back in members hands rather than sending it to the scrapper.

Mike

Hey Guys,

Just a side note, NRA membership is no longer required for membership. We did away with that a long time ago. I don't feel it is our place to make you join the NRA. If you want to, we can sign you up, but it is not necessary. The choice is completely up to the member.

Also, I also thought unklekippy was talking about our club not returning phone calls and I am glad accessbob cleared that up because I was just going to call to make sure the phones were still being checked twice a day. :cool:

Have a good afternoon,
Jill

I'm actually sorry to hear you no longer require NRA membership. As a life member it has always been a source of pride to be affiliated with such an organization. A lot of people now days don't like the constant "begging for money" the NRA does but that's how they survive. You have to remember that if it were not for the NRA none of us would even be debating what's going on today. We would have been forced to give up our rights to keep and bear arms a long time ago. You can feel bad for not having enough money to send the NRA something once in a while but don't forget what they've done for us in the past and will continue to do in the future.

I also am disappointed to hear that the NRA affiliation has been dropped. All of those trophies on display were won by NRA members and the leagues that use to meet there were also affiliated. NRA membership at least set a minimum standard for members.

I also am disappointed to hear that the NRA affiliation has been dropped. All of those trophies on display were won by NRA members and the leagues that use to meet there were also affiliated. NRA membership at least set a minimum standard for members .

So what your saying is now that NRA membership is no longer required the members are of a lower caliber? I don't see it that way NRA is a fine organization that has done good things for us all. But I don't think it should be required its a choice not forced. And for the record I think Jill and the rest ate doing a great job.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

So what your saying is now that NRA membership is no longer required the members are of a lower caliber? I don't see it that way NRA is a fine organization that has done good things for us all. But I don't think it should be required its a choice not forced. And for the record I think Jill and the rest ate doing a great job.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

No, I was speaking in terms of gun safety. There should be a basic safety orientation rather than a sign that is ignored.

As stated by others, nothing against NRA, glad they are there protecting our rights. I was in NRA courses back when I was 10yrs old, but courses are not required for membership. NRA will take membership from anyone, all it takes is $, it really does not set a minimum standard other than a person that likes guns and believes in 2a. That means little in terms of the caliber of the person or if they even have a clue on how to safely handle a weapon.

EDIT: Yes I would agree about the safety orientation, in fact the public range I go to requires it before you are allowed on the range, and it is required to be shown each time you go in...

I see a lot of shooting ranges where shooters leave their brass, boxes, targets, and just plain trash all over the place. At least the reloaders pick up after themselves and others. OK the locked trash bins off limits but what’s on the ground is fair games as long as you don't impede someones shooting time.

Some years ago, at that time we were required to be out of there at 8pm. Like I said big surprise that did not jibe with our contract. Also, the instructor was quite rude,trying to drive us out earlier than 8pm! Didn't work, my buddy and I carry about 430 lbs between us. We often shot until 10:00 or 10:30pm until then. I don't suppose the fellow lasted long but I wouldn't know, we were gone. I might add that we were meticulous about safety, clean up, and following the rules, it was ownership that changed them arbitrarily. I don't know how it is there now and I certainly don't give a rats rump either.

Some years ago, at that time we were required to be out of there at 8pm. Like I said big surprise that did not jibe with our contract. Also, the instructor was quite rude,trying to drive us out earlier than 8pm! Didn't work, my buddy and I carry about 430 lbs between us. We often shot until 10:00 or 10:30pm until then. I don't suppose the fellow lasted long but I wouldn't know, we were gone. I might add that we were meticulous about safety, clean up, and following the rules, it was ownership that changed them arbitrarily. I don't know how it is there now and I certainly don't give a rats rump either.
With an attitude like that, no one there is missing you. Please stay away.

I am sorry I did not make myself clear! What I was trying to say was that if you were in by 8pm we could use the range until 12am. What we had signed signed up for. Then the owner arbitrarily brought in a private instructor and changed the hrs to 8pm, oh, and no refunds! If resenting this means that I have a bad attitude I'm just ever so sorry.

Mikej-I am deeply sorry for offending you with words that I never used. Your use of quotations implies that I called any names in my previous posts. A simple check of the past posts show that I never used any of the terms you are offended by. Take care and good luck to you, Sir! Kip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top