JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
[Copied from another thread]

After countless positive reviews of the JM Custom Kydex holsters, specifically for appendix carry, I decided to try one to see if "the juice was worth the squeeze". I recently made the switch to appendix carry for many of the same reasons others have pointed out, mainly: ease of the ability to carry concealed without printing, control of the weapon from a position I can observe easily, and shorter draw-to-presentation time, etc. The P30sk was the first pistol we purchased with the intent to carry appendix IWB. I've been doing so using a StealthGear Revolution holster for roughly eight months. Until now the StealthGear seemed to have the best comfort and least printing issues for a compact sized frame on a large sized person (6'3", 235-ish lbs., 38" waist).

Enter the JM Custom Kydex "Claw 2.5" holster.

After purchasing a HK45C at a major discount, I ordered the JMCK holster. At $90 and 8 to 12 week build to ship time, JMCK is on the average to long timeframe and cost for a custom kydex holster built to fit your exact pistol with several personalized options. I could have easily opted to order another quick build/ship holster like the StealthGear, but I had heard about JMCK for so long I figured it might be worth the wait. A two week trial period to return it sealed the deal and I ordered.

Fast forward almost exactly eight weeks, and my holster was waiting for me when I returned from a recent business trip. The holster comes with everything installed and had the Comfort Pad feature which acts much the same way a wedge does in pushing the butt of the pistol tight against the body to reduce printing and discomfort when sitting. Wedges and similar devices are becoming more commonplace with holster makers as the popularity and utility of AIWB continues to grow. Wedges and pads are usually velcroed to the bottom of the holster on the side which rests against your body and can make a major difference in comfort, especially when driving or sitting.

First outing: a walk in the park. After putting on and adjusting the JMCK Claw holster, I decided to take it (and the dog) for a walk to see how it performed. On a 1.5 mile jaunt around the neighborhood, I was immediately impressed with the comfort and "ride" of the Claw 2.5. Even with a larger compact like the HK45C, the Claw held the pistol solidly along the belt line with no movement. Printing, or lack of, was much improved over the StealthGear as the grip of the pistol was pushed naturally into the waistline area. With a pair of hiking type shorts and a single t-shirt, the Claw 2.5 rode flat along the torso at the 1 o'clock position with no noticeable discomfort. I purchased the Claw with the mid-height sweat shield and did notice some sweat and friction where the back of the slide hit my stomach after about 30 minutes of walking. Lesson learned, get the full sweat shield next time. This was mitigated however with a second cotton undershirt between the holster and skin.

Second outing: driving to the store and around town. With a second undershirt now in place, I took the Claw and it's cargo for some errands. Driving was also infinitely more comfortable than with the StealthGear Revolution AIWB for the same reasons I mentioned earlier. With the SG holster, driving is not uncomfortable but requires an adjustment to raise the holster above the waistline before sitting. Otherwise, I would frequently get a nice jab in the gut as I bent over to sit. The is also awkward when attempting to sit in a public place around others like at church or in a restaurant.

The Claw on the other hand required none of this readjustment. It moves with you as you reconfigure to sit. Impressive and comfortable, almost like it's attached to your waist directly. The t-shirt and undershirt combo also increased the comfort a step further removing the friction I had encountered earlier.

Third outing: assembling a piece of backyard equipment in the garage for two plus hours. As a final test of the Claw, I wore it while working on a project which required a bunch of bending and standing while using tools for an extended period. As before the Claw and pistol combo worked as advertised. I actually forgot I was wearing the pistol after a while because it was so stable.

Conclusion: It's a keeper. And in the case of the JMCK Claw 2.5, it was worth the wait and cost to get it. I would recommend this holster to anyone considering Appendix IWB carry with any HK product.

Good review! Needs some pictures though. :)

I've got a couple JMC AIWB-WC holsters and can confirm they make great products. They work well and hold up well. Buy with confidence.

Woohoo! New Holster Day! - JM Custom Kydex AIWB-WC

I'll also add...the wing and claw features do a fantastic job of keeping the gun closely aligned along the body to minimize printing. On top of this you can also add the sponge to the bottom of the holster...which will also help to kick the muzzle out a bit, further pushing the grip into your body to minimize printing. However, I've found that the WC features do this well enough that it's really not necessary...at least for my gun/body type. However, some level of padding at the muzzle may be desired to help cushion the holster from rubbing up against you (it just kinda depends on body type, gun length, etc). Either their sponge or pad will work in this capacity. If you're unsure what to get, the sponge (the larger of the two) can always be trimmed down into a pad if needed.

I also think I prefer their loops over the hooks or clips. Super easy to take on and off without undoing your belt but without the risk of a kydex hook/clip breaking (probably low risk here but it could happen over time and wear).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads