Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Jackson County commissioners oppose expanded gun background checks

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by OutlawHoss, Feb 17, 2016.

1. OutlawHoss

OutlawHoss Klamath-Siskyou Well-Known Member

Some heartening news; I hope more County Commissioners are going to take these kind of positions, similar to SB 941

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/201...sioners-oppose-expanded-gun-background-checks

I forwarded this article and link to all Oregon Legislators. If you haven't included your County Commissioners in your emails regarding anti gun legislation, it is important that you do as most of them have made proclamations against enforcing SB 941, along with a lot of Sheriffs. As the Dems claim they have popular support, getting County Commissioners and Sheriffs to demonstrate otherwise is really potent in my opinion.

2. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hats off to those folks.

muggers29536 likes this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Kudos, but Salem doesn't give two rubs what any "outlaying" county commission thinks.

etrain16, nammac and Dyjital like this.
  4. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

never have, long live Jefferson.....you guys can have that hole up north

muggers29536, Stomper and evltwn like this.
  5. OutlawHoss

OutlawHoss Klamath-Siskyou Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I feel like a madman yelling at the sun for rising, but not trying every angle isn't an option either. I wonder if the pre-committed dems can even intellectually consider the issues in terms that are outside of the party line, but I think that is true of all politicians who want to always be solidly in their camp instead of considering the issues individually from all sides. But you know what they say about wishing in one hand and a 'bowel movement' in another . . o_O

6. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Oh, but I think they do care, very much. They aren't going to be motivated to make laws that even their local governments are publicly going to ignore. That is a frontal attack on their "legitimacy", something they worry about very much. They sure don't want the peons getting in their heads the notion they can be ignored.

nammac likes this.
  7. mpmax

mpmax Woodburn Active Member

Sheriffs and county commissioners can disown this all they want. The State Police is the agency that will enforce back ground check "violations".