JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yep. Looks like WA state off limits regarding holster IWB's
Not even close. We do keep getting more insane laws here but we are a LONG way from that and it just makes the gun people look like kooks when people try to spread stuff like this. I can order holsters from Amazon without any issues. If you are running into a problem its either the seller is using Amazon as a tool to sell (3d party) or there is something between you and Amazon and the address you are trying to use.

Why would you order a holster from Amazon?
I look there first always. While I do NOT like how they spend my money they are just heads above so many other places. Even the 3d party sellers there are forced to toe the Amazon customer service line. Often something ordered through Amazon from 3d party takes a while to arrive BUT, if there is any problem the seller will either fix it fast or Amazon will do it for them.

Ive never understood why anyone would want to buy gun stuff from Amazon (or Ebay ) instead of directly from the manufacturer.
Doesnt Amazon take a part of the profit from the mfg?

Ive never understood why anyone would want to buy gun stuff from Amazon (or Ebay ) instead of directly from the manufacturer.
Of course they do, or they would not be in business. I did try for a while to not use Amazon but soon decided I was only punishing myself. I use them due to ease or use and the outstanding way they treat customers. Even 3d party sellers are forced to give the same protections. Sadly too many companies treat customer service as an after thought.

Of course they do, or they would not be in business. I did try for a while to not use Amazon but soon decided I was only punishing myself. I use them due to ease or use and the outstanding way they treat customers. Even 3d party sellers are forced to give the same protections. Sadly too many companies treat customer service as an after thought.
Amazon has probably the best customer service of the "wayerhouse" type webstores.
But consider that if your buying direct from a company that has poor service directly, then you probably dont want to support them thru Amazon either if Amazon is the only thing keeping them honest indirectly. Customer service shouldnt be this complicated.

Amazon has probably the best customer service of the "wayerhouse" type webstores.
But consider that if your buying direct from a company that has poor service directly, then you probably dont want to support them thru Amazon either if Amazon is the only thing keeping them honest indirectly. Customer service shouldnt be this complicated.
I have never in my life seen a retail place that matches Amazon for how customer is treated after the sale. Its why I gave up not using them. As far as the manufacturer's of "stuff"? I just don't have time to worry about it if they treat customers poorly as I will never find out myself. What I get either works or I get my money back easy, and fast. I DO NOT condone what Amazon does with the money they make by any stretch and those who are willing to jump through hoops to not use them? I think its great. I am just too old and lazy to bother anymore. When I want something Amazon is now the first place I try. Just other day I stopped at the local Wally here as I needed a couple jugs of oil. While there grabbed a cart full of stuff and then got to time to pay. 🤬
They have shut down the self check and lines were moving at a pace of people with no where to go and all day to get there. So I walked out. Got home checked Amazon for the exact same oil, they deliver it next day for the same price. So again Amazon got that business too. Not that I like my money going to Amazon any more than Wally but hell I sure don't like the money I dump into Concast every month either. 🤬

I have never in my life seen a retail place that matches Amazon for how customer is treated after the sale. Its why I gave up not using them. As far as the manufacturer's of "stuff"? I just don't have time to worry about it if they treat customers poorly as I will never find out myself. What I get either works or I get my money back easy, and fast.
I havent had that bad experiences with customer service directly.

How does Amazon make their retailers return things unconditionally? Does Amazon pay for the return shipping?

My process is to research and settle on the product I want. If the manufacturer can ship it to me for the same or lower price then Amazon, I'll get it from them. If not, I'll go Amazon. It comes down to $$

How does Amazon make their retailers return things unconditionally? Does Amazon pay for the return shipping?
I believe it's in their contract, there's been talk of it in the news. I don't know who pays for shipping. Be aware that some sellers do not have a return policy,

The only bad experience I had with them was pretty tame. I ordered a stock that, when it came, did not match the picture nor the description. It was missing features. The seller refused the return, claiming it was what I ordered because the item number matched. Pretty sleazy. They only had a few reviews, so I left a review saying that I got the wrong item, and they refused the return. Amazon removed the review because it mentioned customer service, and it was a product review. No one reads the company reviews, so I entered another product review that simply said that I got the wrong item. That one stayed up.

The next day, the seller is all, "Please take down the review and I'll accept the return." in an email and a phone message. He was practically in a panic.
I replied, "Please accept the return and I'll change the review."
"But you only have 48 hours to change the review."
"Sounds like you'd best get on it then." :s0140:

Eff with me, willya? :mad:

After more of the same over email and phone, he eventually accepted the return. I bought the product elsewhere, and wouldn't you know it, he was right - by the time I got my refund, I couldn't edit the review anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Everything else has been fine. You do need to check the return policy before you buy, but if it's bad, there's usually someone betching about it in the reviews.

That said, I try not to use Amazon much because Bezos == :s0087: + 💩 .

I wonder what it is about Amazons review system that makes the sellers freak out?
Bad reviews are a killer, especially when you are starting out.

People tend to avoid products with low review scores. If you only have 5 reviews and two of them are 1s, you have a bad review score. Now you're stuck selling 2 units a week, and someone else may sell 10,000 units of the same exact item per week because they have a good review score.

Bad reviews are a killer, especially when you are starting out.

People tend to avoid products with low review scores. If you only have 5 reviews and two of them are 1s, you have a bad review score. Now you're stuck selling 2 units a week, and someone else may sell 10,000 units of the same exact item per week because they have a good review score.
Web reviews arent new, I never thought they amounted to much. Amazon must be doing something different to make their reviews actually work.

Web reviews arent new, I never thought they amounted to much. Amazon must be doing something different to make their reviews actually work.
I always take reviews with a grain of salt. Amazon has a 'verified purchase' but I also have to read it to see if it goes into details. If it says something like, "Works great" or some such, I ignore it then go on to read the next.

I always take reviews with a grain of salt. Amazon has a 'verified purchase' but I also have to read it to see if it goes into details. If it says something like, "Works great" or some such, I ignore it then go on to read the next.
I've definitely seen reviews that looked like shills. If there are only a few reviews, I pay particular attention. If there are 5000 reviews and they have 4.5 stars, I assume they couldn't fake that many positive reviews.

That I have no idea. Would I guess have to ask someone who has sold stuff through them what they do. I just know that no matter if its 3d party or direct from Amazon you either get what you are happy with or you get your money back fast and they pay to get the item back if for any reason you don't want it. There is zero doubt in my mind this is abused by some. I have read that some people are cut off by Amazon for doing too many returns. Last article I read about it some "people" were screaming to the news about how Amazon was "unfair" by cutting them off. I STRONGLY suspect they were abusing the system. Wife and I shop almost daily there and so between us we have had a fair amount of items go back. Never a word to us. Again I am NOT a fan or the Co or what they do with my money but, when I tried not using them I was only punishing myself so I gave up. I have ZERO doubt Amazon LOVES this coddle the scum we do here now. The jugs of oil I just bought from them after I left them in a cart at Wally I went to a Fredies here. Bought the food items and was going to buy the oil there even though it was a slightly higher price. Problem at Fredies was the damn stuff was locked up to keep scum from stealing it. So you are supposed to call for an employee to unlock it. No thanks. A LOT of people now when they see stuff locked up at the store just pull out their phone, find the stuff available the next day, order it and walk out. This is really hurting a lot of business here but morons keep voting for more of it. :(

I've definitely seen reviews that looked like shills. If there are only a few reviews, I pay particular attention. If there are 5000 reviews and they have 4.5 stars, I assume they couldn't fake that many positive reviews.
I often get a good laugh out of the reviews that are negative. When its easy to see the person was an idiot. Buy some SUPER cheap thing in plastic then cry because its super cheap made of plastic instead of the MUCH higher price version hats not and such. :s0140:

There is zero doubt in my mind this is abused by some. I have read that some people are cut off by Amazon for doing too many returns. Last article I read about it some "people" were screaming to the news about how Amazon was "unfair" by cutting them off. I STRONGLY suspect they were abusing the system.
I remember when REI had to crack down on their unlimited return policy, people were buying expensive things like skis with the intent of returning them. Their return policy is still pretty liberal but they cracked down on the lifetime return policy. Maybe Amazon will do something similar someday.
I get where your coming from, Amazon is amazingly convenient. For everyday stuff its hard to beat Amazon, often just adding an additional ~$10 gizmo you get free shipping and most things arrive within the week, my personal time physically shopping plus gas money running errands is often worth it.
For more expensive things (like gun stuff) I just buy direct from the mfg so they get their full cut. I haven't had any return issues direct from mfgs but I also almost never return anything.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top