JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have mine made from a guy in Albany. IWB or OWB. I don't buy multi's, you can get a good Kydex OWB that's perfectly curved and is super comfortable enough you won't know it's there. I can supply photos or reference if needed in a message.

Bigfoot Gun Belts on a steel core belt.

OWB's should not use clips, they should have loops.
IWB can have hooks/clips for over the belt. A quality belt is needed so it doesn't flex and allow the gun and holster to pull out.
Kydex is the nastiest stuff ever. No way I would put any of my close friends in ANYTHING plastic.

Kydex is the nastiest stuff ever. No way I would put any of my close friends in ANYTHING plastic.
To each their own.
I also have leather holsters.
Nothing says "quality" like a worn out leather holster that lets your pistol fall out.

1607381478288.png

...even with reinforced sides.

I've also wrapped by penis in synthetic materials to save me 18 years of child support. Invalid arguement.

Having my own leather shop I can tell you that wasn't made very well. And I haven't ever put THAT friend in plastic either.
That's fine but does leather get soft over time? Does it lose it's rigidity?

Not arguing to be an arse. Making a point. You have a vested interest in leather, I do not.

Milt Sparks VM2. I have more than a drawer full of holsters, every time I get a new gun, I try to get around spending $150 on a VM2 and I buy something else, then I end up with a VM2...Top Gun Supply usually stocks VM2s for common guns, so no wait time. Milt Sparks direct stocks many Summer Comfort 2s.

Not arguing to be an arse. Making a point. You have a vested interest in leather, I do not.

It does not if you don't overtreat it with a lot of garbage. I have holsters and sheaths that are over 20 years old that are as firm as when they were made.

Did you have oversize pants? Makes a big difference.

I never liked IWB carry no matter what size pants. And quite frankly, why bother? I mean that seriously folks- why bother? Are you doing it because you're concerned about "printing"? Don't be! People walking around in public are absolutely clueless. 100%, bonafide, clueless. Nobody is looking to see if you're carrying a gun under your clothing. I could walk around in a t-shirt that says, "I am carrying a concealed firearm", and still nobody would notice.

Last Edited:
To each their own.
I also have leather holsters.
Nothing says "quality" like a worn out leather holster that lets your pistol fall out.

View attachment 788675

...even with reinforced sides.

I've also wrapped by penis in synthetic materials to save me 18 years of child support. Invalid arguement.

This is exactly my fear and I believe why the majority of "guntubers" preach Kydex over Leather for a semi-auto striker fired gun without a manual safety.

To the OPs question:

I have my CHL appt this week. G19 w/ a TLR-7A.

I have a Tier 1 Axis Elite "sidecar" rig and also a Trex Raptor IWB on the way. I figure I can remove the raptor claw on the Trex for 4/5 o'clock IWB if needed.

In my experience searching, there are many many holster options out there, but the selection narrows significantly if you want a light-bearing holster...at least for Kydex or some hybrid that has a rigid trigger protection. Tenicore CERTUM LUX2 was a close runner up and if I don't like the Raptor I will probably try that next.

I'm not sure how much seat position and hip room play into this. I drive a mustang which doesn't have much room and I'm also laying back in my seat while driving. Would strong side even be an option? Or will I be stuck with appendix carrying unless I drive my girlfriend sportage.

I'm not sure how much seat position and hip room play into this. I drive a mustang which doesn't have much room and I'm also laying back in my seat while driving. Would strong side even be an option? Or will I be stuck with appendix carrying unless I drive my girlfriend sportage.
Im fluffy and drive a Prius. OWB and IWB work just fine.

Im fluffy and drive a Prius. OWB and IWB work just fine.

The difference is that a performance car typically has prominent side bolsters in the seats to keep you from moving around when cornering.

But, I believe on the Mustang, they are higher up on the body and not around the waist area, so carry should be fine.

The difference is that a performance car typically has prominent side bolsters in the seats to keep you from moving around when cornering.

But, I believe on the Mustang, they are higher up on the body and not around the waist area, so carry should be fine.
My old Subaru WRX had very aggressive seat bolstering, it was comfortable in that car as well for an in waist band or outer Westin carry

My Galco holster (IWB) has seen many years of use. It's pretty much the same as when I bought it used from a former member 10 years ago. Good quality leather will last a long time. The holster has been through 2 good quality leather belts. I saw a mention in a metal lined belt that I'll be checking into. Sounds interesting.
I carry IWB 3:30-4 ish. I'm not very big around and I can see no trouble drawing the gun when seated with a seat belt on. Reholstering would be a bubblegum, but that's a minor issue.
@Ironbar you should remember that not everyone is just like you in build or opinion. I "bother" because it works for me and no one ever is the wiser. When I OWB carry it's very easy for the bottom of the holster to become visible because I don't usually wear long tailed jackets/coats or un-tucked shirts. That style, untucked shirts, works very well for concealment with an OWB holster and does allow reasonable access to an IWB holstered handgun.

I've been carrying a pps m2 for a little over two years so still fairly new to this game. Did a lot of research and started off with a protos-m for 3-4 o'clock from black arch holsters. Very comfortable, great retention and full trigger coverage with kydex. I personally stayed away from all leather options. Shortly after I got their Rev-con holster, full kydex, reversible Iwb/owb and ambidextrous. I carry that today but in appendix. For me personally , I'm 5-11 and 220 lbs with wide hips, I found that carrying at 3-4 o'clock printed a bit more than appendix, especially with t-shirts. Flannels and loose button ups worked fine.
For owb, I like bravo holsters with the pancake clips, they really hug the body.
Of equal importance is a good belt, I use the Kore essentials gun belt, it's stiff and the ratchet system is awesome for precise fitting.
Other great IWB options for 3-4 o'clock are Tier1 and Stealthgear.

I have Alien Gear holsters for most of handguns. The only exception is a Galco shoulder holster for my 686. i have the black leather ones. I have bought several shell so I can change out so I can carry a VP9 or my FNX-9. Takes a little time to put the new shell on but only four screws to remove and put back. I have the black leather backing.

https://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html

I do have another Alien Gear holster that I use for yard work that is I believe neoprene instead.

Kydex lasts longer, has real retention and doesn't retain sweat salt and oils. It's also used by more people than not for IWB EDC. I carry a Kydex holster every day with no issues. Your opinion is yours, but it's short sighted.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top