JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Appendix carry all day. Personally I like fieldcraft survival, Trex arms, and Gcode holsters. You'll have to be comfortable with a loaded gun pointed at your junk all day. But for me and the amount of driving, lifting, etc I do it's by far the best.

This goes back to my original post where I said CCW is a "tricky game about balance between concealment and comfort and only you can decide what works best for you." I like my Dale Fricke Archangel, enough to where I own three (one of which is custom) and plan to pick up a Seraphim for my RD G19. I also like my Dark Star Gear Orion enough to where I plan to pick up their Rigel for SF X300U G19.

I break it down like this...if I'm packing in a non permissible environment where discovery 100% guarantees a gunfight, arrest or being fired than I will AIWB all the way and not look back. If I want to conceal from the majority of people out there and don't give a crap about an occasional exposure or notice from those with a watchful eye and desire a higher level of comfort than I'll IWB carry. The most comfortable being the above mentioned Kramer #3, if packing a red dot and/or WML than I use some form of the old school Raven Phantom that everyone has since knocked off and still have not achieved the same level of detail. Duty, LARPing, training and range work I'll OWB with a Safariland ALS or a G-Code OSH if retention isn't required/desired.

See how that box/drawer of holster thing goes? And those are only the ones I continue to use.

Last Edited:
This goes back to my original post where I said CCW is a "tricky game about balance between concealment and comfort and only you can decide what works best for you." I like my Dale Fricke Archangel, enough to where I own three (one of which is custom) and plan to pick up a Seraphim for my RD G19. I also like my Dark Star Gear Orion enough to where I plan to pick up their Rigel for SF X300U G19.

I break it down like this...if I'm packing in a non permissible environment where discovery 100% guarantees a gunfight, arrest or being fired than I will AIWB all the way and not look back. If I want to conceal from the majority of people out there and don't give a crap about an occasional exposure or notice from those with a watchful eye and desire a higher level of comfort than I'll IWB carry. The most comfortable being the above mentioned Kramer #3, if packing a red dot and/or WML than I use some form of the old school Raven Phantom that everyone has since knocked off and still have not achieved the same level of detail. Duty, LARPing, training and range work I'll OWB with a Safariland ALS or a G-Code OSH if retention isn't required/desired.

See how that box/drawer of holster thing goes? And those are only the ones I continue to use.
Luckily I am permitted to carry at work. But I spend a lot of time downtown Portland in a vehicle. Try pulling a gun from the small of the back or hip while sitting with a seatbelt on. For me appendix is the easiest draw. But you are correct. It all depends on the person, their build, movement, work, or environment.

Luckily I am permitted to carry at work. But I spend a lot of time downtown Portland in a vehicle. Try pulling a gun from the small of the back or hip while sitting with a seatbelt on. For me appendix is the easiest draw. But you are correct. It all depends on the person, their build, movement, work, or environment.

These days I have the same good fortune with respect to work. Guns come in and out of the place all the time with that crowd. I have no problem drawing while in a vehicle with my Kramer IWB, would never SOB carry it is lame and dangerous and those that do are kidding themselves. I just would recommend against re-holstering while seated, it is the only thing about AIWB that gives me the heebee jeebees.

These days I have the same good fortune with respect to work. Guns come in and out of the place all the time with that crowd. I have no problem drawing while in a vehicle with my Kramer IWB, would never SOB carry it is lame and dangerous and those that do are kidding themselves. I just would recommend against re-holstering while seated, it is the only thing about AIWB that gives me the heebee jeebees.
Well a car is a coffin. So if I have to draw while in a vehicle I'll be exiting as soon as possible. Or my accelerating if possible. I wouldn't plan on reholstering while seated.

I'm really not wanting to end up with a drawer full of holsters I don't use.

Nobody does but it is almost unavoidable. There are lots of factors at play here and it usually takes some trial and error before most people find something that works for them. It is the nature of the beast.

Two schools of thought...by cheap holsters at first until you figure out what you like so you won't be out as much money, OR buy well known quality holsters for very common guns so that you can more easily sell the holster if it doesn't work out for you. I'm in camp #2. YMMV.

Aliengear - The thing about modular holsters designed to do everything is that they usually do those things just ok but don't do any of them exceptionally well. The one plus to a modular holster like this is that if you don't have any carry experience at all, it lets you try out a variety of positions without having to buy multiple holsters. But once you figure out how you want to carry there are likely a lot better holsters out there. Just my opinion. YMMV.

Only IWB holster I use is Cascadia Concealment. Comfortable, durable, easy to deal with.

4B0DAB87-665A-4B33-8945-BFE6C6A28AD0.jpeg

In particular I'm looking at the alien gear 3.5 IWB

I've been using Alien Gear Holster Cloak Tuck for at least 6 years now... long enough that I've had to renew my CHL.

I've never had an issue with comfort or retention.

As for drawer fill out Holsters... I have a shelf... with different Cloak Tuck for each of the guns in my rotation. Currently in rotation: ATI FX45 1911 GI, Beretta 92FS Centurion, Glock 19, HK VP9-40, Beretta 84FS, Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm 1911. All of them carry well and no issues.

I just ordered Holsters for my M18 and P320 X5.

I highly recommend. Order it directly from them, they have a 30 day money back.

When you first start carrying, make sure to practice holstering and unholstering with an unloaded weapon. Keep in mind Rule #3 - keep your finger off the trigger. Also practice with the different clothing you'll be wearing so you know how you'll have to manipulate your clothes to draw your weapon.

Are you going to have additional magazines on you? Or use a B.U.G?

So I just applied for my CHL in Marion county. I've never carried but have been going to the range pretty faithfully since July. I'm wanting to start carrying and I have been looking into holsters, mainly IWB. I've tried to read up online about the pros and cons, read reviews, and watch some videos. I THINK I want a hybrid strong side holster with 2 belt clips instead of 1. 3-6 o'clock position? I'm really not wanting to end up with a drawer full of holsters I don't use.
I'm 5'10" on a good day. 200lbs. I'd love to say thats all muscle but I'm getting chubby and Preparing for winter. Any tips or suggestions? In particular I'm looking at the alien gear 3.5 IWB
Go to The Beltman and get a good gun belt.
And then go to Crossbreed and take a look at their Supertuck.
I am 6'2" 265lb and I usually carry a Beretta Centurion.
Super comfortable, super concealed with a variety of clothing.

Best,
Gary

Go to The Beltman and get a good gun belt.
And then go to Crossbreed and take a look at their Supertuck.
I am 6'2" 265lb and I usually carry a Beretta Centurion.
Super comfortable, super concealed with a variety of clothing.

Best,
Gary
Good advice on getting a good belt from several members. I also have a crossbreed mini-tuck in my drawer of holsters. It's great!

Tenicor Malus Sol. Or their G19 equivalent.
Company is based in WA. Ive used a lot of holsters. The Tenicor is easily the most comfortable.

I carry a G17 + x300 Daily. 19rd mag in my left pocket.

Edit for belt recommendations:
Volund Atlas Ghook:

I've never carried my G19 Gen 5 IWB. Well, now that I think about it, I do have an Alien Gear Cloak that I bought a replacement shell for it so I can carry either my P365 or G19. I've carried the P365 in it and it is absolutely the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. Just can't recall if I've carried the G19 in it... The problem with it is that it requires a few minutes at the start of the day to install it and then adjust it to get it just right. Huge pain.

I have carried the G19 IWB with a Don Hume leather that was comfy and quick to install, but, my love handles got irritated due to the lack of a sweat guard.

The next IWB holster I bought was for my P365, and it was a leather model with a sweat guard, but, I found it was more difficult to get a good grip on the gun when drawing due to the sweat guard getting in the way.

I've since given up on IWB carry since I am a Big Boy (6'2" and 300lbs) and this time of year, my waistline fluctuates rapidly. So, I have been concentrating on OWB.

I have settled on two distinct styles, with the latest being tested earlier today.

The first is a plastic OWB paddle-style Level II retention holster that works surprisingly well despite being $20 on Amazon. With either my P365 or G19, it is comfy, rides nice and high, and is super easy to take on and off during the day. The release button is in line with the slide, so no accidentally hitting the trigger when drawing, like with the Blackhawk Serpa.

xeTtG6gCRdGeqNMonsidhw.jpeg

The other holster I'm really liking is a Bianchi OWB belt loop holster that I bought for my Gen 5 G23 off of Amazon for $30. I had to warm it up, slather it in boot dressing, and stretch it for a day or so to get it to fit the wider slide of the new G23, but it fits like a glove, now.

I strapped it on today with the G23 in it for running to the store, then cooking for a couple of hours, and then eating and watching football with the in-laws for a few hours. Totally forgot I was carrying. I like it very much. It will be the primary holster for carrying the G23 from now on, I believe.

_uN6OMGvSBaMt-QOfmdqLQ.jpeg

While not on "the list" I like the Galco Summer Comfort.
Make sure to have a sturdy belt. With this setup I can carry this hunk of steel all day long.
The belt is almost more important than the holster. My current belt is from Bullseye Sling Co.

cbob in leather.jpg

edit: cuz I don't proofread well enough before posting...

Last Edited:
Wow thanks for all the in-depth replies. I'll have to give all of them a read when I have more time. I mainly wanted the 2 point holster because everywhere I ready states that it is best to have the gun in the same position every time for a quick draw. Being that I've never carried before I want the least amount of human error possible.

There is enough of ME inside my waistband, I don't need a pistol in there as well. :rolleyes:
This made me laugh pretty good. Mostly as I'm getting there, I'll blame it cookies this month, last month it was thanksgiving. All prior months, Covid!

I switched from IWB to OWB after years of trying all sorts of holsters and positions.

My go to is Winthrop Leather pancake holsters.

I have mine made from a guy in Albany. IWB or OWB. I don't buy multi's, you can get a good Kydex OWB that's perfectly curved and is super comfortable enough you won't know it's there. I can supply photos or reference if needed in a message.

Bigfoot Gun Belts on a steel core belt.

OWB's should not use clips, they should have loops.
IWB can have hooks/clips for over the belt. A quality belt is needed so it doesn't flex and allow the gun and holster to pull out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top