JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks, Joey, not just for restoring the trade ratings, but for all that you have done for us on this forum. YOU ARE THE BEST!!! Heck, I don't know why you put up with all the headaches doing what you do, but I know that I and many others hear greatly appreciate it.

Hats off to your sir!!! Getting ready to donate to the site. Been meaning to do it for a long time, but with new "donate" option it makes it easy.

We appreciate your hard work at keeping this forum running, it really helps keep the community here strong :cool:!

Thank Man,
Great Job on all of it...

Cool. Thanks!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the support.

:yes: :s0133: ARE BACK!:s0133: :yes:

Well guys, after many sleepless nights we were finally able to retrieve our pre-upgrade feedback and incorporate it into the new system. As you can see, every last trade rating has been restored.

Is your feedback score different than before? Let me explain. There are now two different scores, Total Positive Feedback (which displays in your profile), and Feedback Score (which displays under your username in posts). Total Positive Feedback is the number of total positive trade ratings you've received, no matter who they're from. The Feedback Score counts the number of positives you've had with separate people, in order to differentiate between the guy who does 10 trades with his buddy and the guy who does 10 trades with separate people. If there are two or more positive trade ratings left for the same person, only one is counted toward the Feedback Score but all are counted in the Total Positive Feedback number. The reason we're doing this is because we want to get a consensus from the community on whether or not a person is a good person to trade with, rather than just one person's opinion who has traded with the guy multiple times (such as a friend or next door neighbor, which is easier to trade with than the guy across town). By looking at the Feedback Score it will give us an idea of the experiences of multiple people rather than just one. The reason your Feedback Score has gone down is simply because you've traded with the same person more than once, and it's now reflected that way.

If anyone has any problems, questions, or comments about iTrader, please post it here.

As an added goody, check out this page: <broken link removed>

Cheers!
Joey Link
This might explain things?:huh:

Thanks, but no other site does this and its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. If we traded or sold something to a guy that lives 5 miles away and is a friend or not then it should be counted the same as if someone that lives 200 miles away (another friend or not), regardless if I did two deals with the guy 200 miles away or 5 miles away. Ten deals is ten deals.

I am a forum moderator on a BMW website with thousands more members and we would never do this in the itrader rating. Just doesn't make sense.

But I am not the owner of this site so I guess we will put up with it.

Thanks, but no other site does this and its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. If we traded or sold something to a guy that lives 5 miles away and is a friend or not then it should be counted the same as if someone that lives 200 miles away (another friend or not), regardless if I did two deals with the guy 200 miles away or 5 miles away. Ten deals is ten deals.

I am a forum moderator on a BMW website with thousands more members and we would never do this in the itrader rating. Just doesn't make sense.

But I am not the owner of this site so I guess we will put up with it.

To me, and to eBay, doing it this way makes much more sense. The purpose of having trade ratings is so people can gauge the quality of the person they're considering doing a deal with. How can you gauge the quality of that person if he's done five or ten deals with the same person? Having the ratings this way also helps to limit ratings fraud, which unfortunate as it is, is something we have to deal with. If a person wants to see the total deals someone has done they can look in their profile under 'Total Positive Deals'. The choice to go to eBay style ratings was a conscious and deliberate decision.

Great job, I bet it wasn't easy. I'm now more active on the classifieds.

Side problem I can't seem to leave feedback so far. I keep getting errors. I have received new feedback but I can't reciprocate.

To me, and to eBay, doing it this way makes much more sense. The purpose of having trade ratings is so people can gauge the quality of the person they're considering doing a deal with. How can you gauge the quality of that person if he's done five or ten deals with the same person? Having the ratings this way also helps to limit ratings fraud, which unfortunate as it is, is something we have to deal with. If a person wants to see the total deals someone has done they can look in their profile under 'Total Positive Deals'. The choice to go to eBay style ratings was a conscious and deliberate decision.

Very true. Not sure if that was huge on this site.

I also noticed a bunch of teens on this site. They shouldn't be doing deals correct?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top